How to Mac

Author
Sheanes
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 684
2016/06/01 18:54:36 (permalink)

How to Mac

Hi Cakewalk, 

First would like to say you really are great, brave folks ! Think it's fantastic you take the challenge to enter the Mac world.
Just I thought I'd drop some of my ideas on this...

Since one only get's one chance to make a first impression, I'd thought before you enter the word of Mac where most of the professionals are, I'm dropping some ideas...
Maybe check the onboard plugins Cakewalk will include on their Mac debut and leave out/replace plugins that maybe would give a proffesional the wrong impression of Cakewalk and only include really the best plugins.
Before Cakewallk enter Mac, maybe test out if a newcomer would get stuck in a workflow way, let's say testing you'd find out that a newbee has difficulties loading a soft synth and routing it.
If so I would make an improvement before dropping a Mac version.
Basically, imo it would be a succes guaranteeed go-live if the first Mac version is super userfriendly and also include an idiot proof, superhandy instruction video so new Mac users immediately are impressed and do not turn Sonar down because they don't have the patience to learn how to use Sonar.
Not sure how much current Mac users have their machines online, if not so much maybe think over the model and number of Sonar updates and have a supereasy offline installation tool.
And perhaps it would be an idea to make an impossible to refuse trial mode, a fully funcional version for 90 days....one click to install, one click to remove.
And if Sonar give away any free user time to newcomers, maybe longtime users would appreciate to also get some free months of Sonar.
I have no idea about the technical challenge or showstopper it would be to have a Windows version with the same power (low latency) as a Mac machine....its something with the way the software works the audio iic and nothing hardware related.
You can fly to the moon so that should give you enough confidence to take on a few 0's and 1's !

Again, big thumbs up for your Mac trip !
Rgds, Wouter

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1