ASIO STOP

Author
Alex B.
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2016/06/08 01:44:01 (permalink)

ASIO STOP

Hi everybody,

I have a problem I can not solve : Sometimes my ASIO drivers (from my VS700r ) after the addition of some plugs ( sort after 30 minutes working with Omnisphere or kontakt for example - but not every time ) simply stops . The sound continues to be produced in SONAR but I hear nothing in my monitoring. At that time , I zap on WDM / KS to keep working on my project. When I start a new project I can return to ASIO , but when the project " bugging ", ASIO stop again ( in the sense that nothing comes out of the speakers when I see the meters work well ) . I could work in WDM / KS would work all the time, but is less efficient than the ASIO drviers... Do you have an idea to solve that ?

Thank you !

Windows 8.1 / i7 5930k - X99 - RAM 64 Go Corsaire - Full SSD / Sonar Platinium + VS700 SET / Adam A77X + Adam Sub10 - 5.1 Eve SC204 / A dozen of microphones / 1 zillions of fat plugins (LASS 2.5, Omni 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitare Infinity, VSL, 8DIO Liberis, Requiem Pro and many others etc.). No crack. Soon : Manley Vari mu.
I'm a cakewalk fanatic - from 3.1 ! :-)

2 Replies Related Threads

robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: ASIO STOP 2016/06/22 20:35:33 (permalink)
    It would seem to me that you have Windows also set to use the ASIO drivers of your audio interface, and the ASIO specs seem to be created so that only a single application can access the ASIO drivers at one time.

SO, if you are happily cruising along in Sonar and a Windows sound is played (file opening, mouse clicks, whatever), or you try running Windows Media Player or playing a YouTube video, then conflict can and does occur.

I used to have that issue - but I now happen to use HDTV's for display monitors for my computers, and the HDMI cable transmits HD audio and video to the TV's speakers, if you set the Windows Default Audio Device to an HDMI port, or your on-board sound chip/card.  

The above leaves only Sonar (and/or other music applications where you would want to run the audio conversions through your audio interface's ASIO drivers) as the program(s) that process through the audio interface - Windows will then never conflict with any other applications using the interface.

Splitting Windows away from accessing my audio interface ASIO drivers has made it probably 5-7 years since I have had any sort of conflict with my audio interface and anything else.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: ASIO STOP 2016/07/18 13:26:52 (permalink)
    Actually, my earlier post may well be completely off base.  I just reread the thread.  Are you still experiencing these issues?

If so, I will circle back this afternoon, after some physical therapy, and see if I can assist you with this.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1