EXTASY new tracks..(link in)

Author
bitchslayer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 49
2005/01/15 12:42:05 (permalink)

EXTASY new tracks..(link in)

hey...

we got three new tracks up an' after our first outing got thrashed we could only hope for better so plz do bear wit us we r new in dis game.....our first new track iz lamhey remix......da song was originally done by our local band jal ....we got some beats and scrathes and rap to give it dat hip hop feel an' our experiment wit da whistle....lemme know wat u think...

then there iz dismal attire...thiz is an instrumental strange to say da least but it did reach no 25 on da charts in experimental sounds.....

da third track is lookin back an' this track done a long time ago and recorded on a crappy mic is strictly a rough cut we'll do it again sometime but it has a wicked guitar openin and some slick beats.......

go to www.soundclick.com/extasyv1.htm

hope u like our songs,...and plz give an honest feedback and do vote fot our tracks.......
< Message edited by bitchslayer -- 1/15/2005 1:14:49 PM >

11 Replies Related Threads

6stringsat100mph
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1385
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/15 20:26:15 (permalink)
    You need to find a different forum I am afraid Mr. **** Slayer....why not just spell this vile screen name out the way it was surely intended. I can only imagine the name was created to offend others and in turn alienate you from 100% of this forums members. Who are, for the most part, very decent and moral people who also have the ability to properly spell words that even a 1st grader could spell and you seemingly have difficulty getting a handle on. Consider "hooked on phonics". You dont understand the type of people that are here? Well Lets just figure that they are folks you have zero in common with. Try and picture some people that you know and associate with on a daily basis........ok...ready? Now, "We are everything they are NOT."
    Go away
    Mark
    SteveJL
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/15 21:23:30 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: 6stringsat100mph

You need to find a different forum I am afraid Mr. **** Slayer....why not just spell this vile screen name out the way it was surely intended. I can only imagine the name was created to offend others and in turn alienate you from 100% of this forums members. Who are, for the most part, very decent and moral people who also have the ability to properly spell words that even a 1st grader could spell and you seemingly have difficulty getting a handle on. Consider "hooked on phonics". You dont understand the type of people that are here? Well Lets just figure that they are folks you have zero in common with. Try and picture some people that you know and associate with on a daily basis........ok...ready? Now, "We are everything they are NOT."
    Go away
    Mark

I'm afraid I don't get this Mark. Has he done something specifically wrong?

FWIW, I'm not that thrilled with the handle ****slayer either, but I would not presume moral judgement over him on it. It would seem to me that, barring any specific problems, he has every right to post here.

I would prefer to leave the "morality" stuff to Cakewalk, and we the Users can address specific issues as they come along.

Cheers Bud
    Steve

6stringsat100mph
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1385
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 02:44:30 (permalink)
    Well steve you have your take and I have mine. He is free to do as he likes. But you know what...this type of screen name is sad. And FWIW also, this guy has been jumped on and jumped on and still thinks its cool....so I am sorry my friend, I am speaking my mind as freely as he is. No offence ever to you Steve.
    Mark
    SteveJL
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 03:29:54 (permalink)
    Hi Mark

Yes, now I see that the moniker is just a reflection of some questionable attitudes. Pity, that.

It just seemed to come "out of the blue" and a little harsh.

Glad I asked, and glad you answered.

Later my friend
    Steve

bitchslayer
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 06:37:00 (permalink)
    alright that wasn't specifically what i posted for...and though i HAVE NOT offended any one for any particular reason i don't think i need to be jumped on for the wrong reason....steve if u have a problem and if any one else has a problem with my nick then i am willing to change it....

so is there a way to change your name while still keeping the same account.....
    burkek
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 07:55:12 (permalink)
    I normally don't respond to posts which reflect a purposeless butchering of the English language - except to point out that it is unneccessary and holds the poster up to a mirror which reveals, perhaps, ill-education (at worst) and misguided attempts at meaningful communication (at best). You don't need to recode the English language to show that you are unique.

So on to the songs then.

I checked out "Lookin' Back". Couldn't understand the words. 9mm was eating the cheap mic. The highs probably rolled off at 4KHz. Also, why would you make the following request ... "word of advice when listenin' turn da bass all da way down..."? Um, no. How about YOU rework the EQ so that it sounds fine on our systems?

On to "Dismal Attire". Ok, run a complete mix through a single metal tank reverb which is not even tempo-synced to the track. How creative is this? Not very. Sounds horrible when not on mind-altering FDA-approved pharmaceuticals.

"Remix of Lamhey". Blah. If you're going to do rap, you'll have to package it in a way that is going to make people give notice. Merely stringing along (bad) phrases over (uninspired) beats and then throwing the vocal to a different location in the sound field is not going to hold anybody's attention.

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
    AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

bitchslayer
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 08:37:29 (permalink)
    alright then electroniqa..(talking about proper english....)

thanks for the thrashing...anyway u felt like carrying a grudge against my band or is my attempt at chat vocabulary very offending....

anyway please do check our new track its called R.E.S.P.E.C.K and its pure extsy production....please check it out.....
    SteveJL
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 09:20:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL:

so is there a way to change your name while still keeping the same account.....

Hi guy

No, I don't have a problem with your moniker other than finding it offensive to women (and a LITTLE alarming in a homicidal way), which seems to echo the feelings of a few others who have also reacted against it.

You cannot rename a username, as it affects all previous posts and the database won't handle it. You would only lose 47 posts.....doesn't seem like a big deal (to me anyway).

You could, however, just start a new one, then email WEBMASTER HERE and ask them to delete the old one.

That's just IMO though, it's really up to you.

Later Dude
    Steve

bitchslayer
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 13:51:19 (permalink)
    hi...

okay steve i will try to do that but i'll always have to suffer the loss of 47 posts...i mean for u guys it may mean nothing but for me it is the highest ever in any forum...any way i'll do that if its for the good.....

my real name is mehtaz by the way..any way i would really love it if you guys comment on our track R.E.S.P.E.C.K...

please do tell.....
    burkek
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/16 20:30:05 (permalink)
    Well I couldn't resist. I listened to R.E.S.P.E.C.K.

I shouldn't have.

7 notes repeated for 2 minutes? I was bored after fifteen seconds. At 37 seconds I had slipped under my chair. I started snoring at the 1:05 mark. At 1:37 I wanted an out-of-body experience just to get away from it. At 2:01 I woke up and all was well and silent.

Seriously ... if you're just new to making music, then my apologies; keep working at it and eventually you'll cobble together a real body of work. Otherwise, why bother promoting a one melody "idea"?

KEv
    < Message edited by elektroniqa -- 1/16/2005 3:37:36 PM >

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
    AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

bitchslayer
    RE: EXTASY new tracks..(link in) 2005/01/17 00:32:15 (permalink)
    thanks for the comment kev and i know it gets boring in the end but it will be full song with vocals too....maybe that can take the boredom out and kick in the comedy....anyway tell me how can i vary a beat track....i mean i thought i had varied it enough by using 7 notes and a little piano note in between with a gap in the beats....but do give me some pointers....
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1