Option to Disable "Use Track Colors" for All Clips, Current AND Future

Author
KyRo
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 543
2016/06/22 01:39:33 (permalink)
3 (1)

Option to Disable "Use Track Colors" for All Clips, Current AND Future

I use track colors mainly for organizing different sections of instruments (all drums one color, all guitars another, etc.), which can make for a lot of clips across several tracks being all the same color. This can sometimes make it difficult to keep tabs on exactly which track I'm working on. Now, I know that I can select all of the clips, un-check "Use Track Colors" from the clip properties tab in the inspector, and re-color the clip colors as I wish, but that only works on existing clips... Since the "Use Track Colors" option is unavailable until there are clips already present in a track, any future recordings will automatically inherit the track color, and must be manually changed after the fact.

So what I'm requesting is an option (perhaps in the Colors section of the Preferences window) to disable the following of track colors for all current AND future clips. I reckon this wouldn't be too hard for the bakers to implement, and I can see it coming in handy, especially in constantly expanding projects with a lot of tracks that share track colors but still need to be differentiated in the clips pane.

Would anybody else be interested in an option like this?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1