Confused about Melodyne Essential V2 vs V4 - Solved

Author
KnottyChord
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
2016/06/28 01:33:22 (permalink)

Confused about Melodyne Essential V2 vs V4 - Solved

Hello.  I had bundled Melodyne Essential V2 installed on my machine but never used it.  Today I upgraded to Sonar Platinum 2016-06 and was using with no problems when I tried using Melodyne for the first time.  I got a dialog asking for SN.  I put that in and I got Celemony website asking for account.  I created one no problem and put in the SN.  The web said SN is good I should dl V4.  Ok no prob -  I saw that in the SONAR lit so I went ahead and installed.  I went back to SONAR expecting V4 to be in play but no.  Still V2 and not activated.  When I checked, there is Melodyne.vst file (dated 2013 - ie V2) in vst directory (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne).  V4 put a melodyne.exe (dated today) file in  \program files\celemony directory.  

Is V4 install supposed to create vst file?  How do I get SONAR to call V4 instead of V2?  When I go to CCC it offers to reinstall Melodyne V2 again.  Anyone know the right way to do this?  Thanks for any help.
post edited by KnottyChord - 2016/06/28 11:30:36

3 Replies Related Threads

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Confused about Melodyne Essential V2 vs V4 - Please Help 2016/06/28 05:38:03 (permalink)
    hey, welcome to the forums

have you opened Melodyne in sonar yet ?
    once you do it will let you know there is an update available. then you will click yes, go to ceremony's website, update.

yes it is in common files, used a vst as well. most use it as Region Effects. others use is like a vst at times.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

KnottyChord
    Re: Confused about Melodyne Essential V2 vs V4 - Please Help 2016/06/28 11:05:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for the welcome chuckebaby and thanks for your help!  I used to post a while back but guess I haven't since the forum took on the current format and I had to make a new account. 

To try out Melodyne I opened a SONAR project file with an audio clip on a track.  If I right click on it and select RegionFX/Melodyne/Create FX Region then a Melodyne frame appears with the audio blobs in it greyed out.  A window called Melodyne Licenser pops up and prompts for the serial no.. 

The first time this happened I entered the V2 SN off my CCC products page and was directed to the Celemony website and to the upgrade to V4.  I downloaded and intalled V4 and restarted everything.  Now whenever I hit RegionFX/Melodyne/CreateFX the same thing happens.  I get V2 and the Melodyne Licenser.  If I enter the V2 SN I get a big red animated X.  If I go to the Melodyne window menu, click Settings/Preferences/Check Now (for updates) it says I have the latest version - V2. 

Is anyone using the V4 Essentials?  If you hit RegionFX/Melodyne/CreateFX on an audio clip do you get V2 or V4?

Interestingly I can select Insert/Rewire Device/Melodyne 4 from the SONAR menu and insert Melodyne 4 as a soft synth.  I was able to activate V4 too.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem right.  If I drag the audio clip into the Melodyne 4 soft synth track and then double click to open Melodyne 4, the clip is not there to be edited.  I can drag the clip into the open Melodyne 4 window but it seems very clunky to try to position it.

Is inserting V4 as a Rewire device the only way to use V4? 

Thanks again for any help.

KnottyChord
    Re: Confused about Melodyne Essential V2 vs V4 - Please Help 2016/06/28 11:34:13 (permalink)
    Simple as uninstalling and reinstalling Melodyne 4. Now it's all working great.  Thanks.

Somehow the automated install  and didn't install the new VST the first time. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1