Library Organisation in Rapture

Author
richardskeltmusic
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
2016/07/01 10:36:42 (permalink)

Library Organisation in Rapture

I have just installed Rapture Pro.  The browser shows Seven libraries:  D Pro Factory, Rapture Pro Library, D Pro user imported, Rapture Classic User Imported, Expansion pack, and Cakewalk Sound Center.  The 2 DPro libraries may be the same, though they are organised differently.  The Rapture Classic and User imported are different (though I think that all the user imports are in the classic library) certainly they are differently organised.  So its a bit of a mess:  looking for a lead sound requires me to visit 5 libraries where there may or may not be overlap.  Does anyone have a good way to organise this?

Secondly, some time ago I migrated all the samples for DPro to the D:\ drive (to keep the SSD C:\ drive lean and mean) , though I can't remember how i went about it. Can the underlying samples for rapture be moved, and if so can anyone point me to where I can find the instructions?

Cakewalk Platinum, Windows 8.1, MSI Laptop  16GB, Steinberg UR44 interface

1 Reply Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Library Organisation in Rapture 2016/07/01 15:29:05 (permalink)
    RPro includes all the factory content for DPro and Rapture in separate installers. These are installed as the D-Pro and Rapture Classic Factory Libraries.

During RPro installation, the programs from CSC, DPro and Rapture are copied into their own folders in the RPro program area. If the DPro and Rapture programs are all factory defaults, they are redundant and could be deleted without losing anything. They will only reappear when RPro is updated and the installer takes a snapshot of the DPro and Rapture programs again. If there are modified, user or third party created programs copied from the legacy synths, it is down to the user to decide what to do with them.

When it comes to moving sample libraries, the paths are stored in the registry. It is easier and safer to use directory junctions to move the location than editing the registry. The process is pretty simple
    1) Move the current folder to the new location. For example, move "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data" to
    "D:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data"
    2) run cmd.exe as administrator and type:
    mklink /j "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data" "D:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data"

Of course the paths do not have to be this similar. The new location could be any valid path. If you only want to move part of "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data" for example just the "Rapture Pro" folder into an existing path on D.  The command would be:
    mklink /j "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro" "D:\SomeExistingPath\Rapture Pro or whatever you want to call the new folder holding the contents of Rapture Pro"
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1