Marker types, show/hide markers, marker type filter

Author
Vlar
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 189
2016/07/01 15:22:53 (permalink)
5 (2)

Marker types, show/hide markers, marker type filter

What about having different marker types: song start, song end, song section (verse, chorus, bridge), etc.? The marker view could show or hide the selected markers, filter by type, etc.

Also, there could be a batch queue export function to where you could export all songs from a live performance, that had been marked, while excluding the space in between songs, null markers, etc.

4 Replies Related Threads

M@
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 221
    Re: Marker types, show/hide markers, marker type filter 2016/07/13 12:33:10 (permalink)
    Might be a nice idea, though I would use it slightly diffrently.

Marker type a) Song intro, chorus, verse, etc.
    Marker type b) Root note, Chords, etc
    Marker type c) tempo

The good thing; everyone could use the filters as they need.

In the optiobs there should be a setting to toggle 'Jump to next marker' behaviour.
    I.e. ignore hidden markers or not.

Tracking: Sonar Platinum (X3 Producer, X2 studio, X1 expanded, 8.3) (64bit)
    System: Win10 Pro (64bit), Asus  P8Z77 V Le Plus, I7-3770k, 16GB Ram, SSD System drive, Raid1 Recording & Backup drive, VS-700 Set, TC Konnekt 48
    Instruments: Roland Juno Stage, Kawai CA5, Washburn X50Pro, Blackstar-One100, Merida,...
    scotia1
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Marker types, show/hide markers, marker type filter 2016/07/29 17:33:30 (permalink)
    What I would like is similar to Pro-Tools.
    After the markers are created you can color the section to easily see the project sections.
    In the platinum edition you can open a Marker pane and use that to navigate, but it would be nice to see the sections at the top in the time ruler with different colors.
    Soulburned
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: Marker types, show/hide markers, marker type filter 2016/08/01 04:51:45 (permalink)
    I've seen suggestions similar to this elsewhere in the forum. 

I would say that overall the Marker system does need some updating.  It would be much easier to quickly see in the marker area general markers, tempo, time signature, and key changes instead of requiring dedicated "views" for those.

To expand upon the other comments in this thread:
    • Markers (meta tags for human-meaningful abstractions such as marking notes on the timeline)
    • Regions - for mastering purposes such as a track's start and end points (sample accurate)
    • Arrangement Blocks - color coding segments of the timeline to more easily identify sections of a song.  Other daws do this already, some better than others.  I personally prefer the way Acid Pro introduced these segment tools because it was very unobtrusive to the timeline and could quickly copy and paste without having to "break" clips within that region.
    Vlar
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 189
    Re: Marker types, show/hide markers, marker type filter 2016/09/07 14:40:22 (permalink)
    I would like to see all this combined with a batch render cue, so you could render separate songs in a live recording project to a directory, with the mp3 tags embedded with market meta info: song tile, default artist, track number, etc.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1