Themes

Author
ralf
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 205
2016/07/10 07:40:18 (permalink)

Themes

Some suggestions about themes:
1. Knob rings are really helpful. It would be nice to have them for the Mercury theme as well.
2. Some parts of the UI are not affected by the theme:
- several scrollbars are Windows style, not Sonar style
- the left/right arrows for tabs in the docking area
3. While I like the dark colors of the Tungsten theme, I won't use it because of the flat buttons. For a user interface that has so much visual information like many areas of Sonar (e.g. the mixer), it is really helpful to have 3D style controllers for everything where the user can interact. For good reason, the Tungsten theme still uses 3D for faders and knobs. So, I hope future themes will have 3D buttons.

1 Reply Related Threads

outland144k
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 934
    Re: Themes 2016/08/03 16:25:58 (permalink)
    ralf
    Some suggestions about themes:
    1. Knob rings are really helpful. It would be nice to have them for the Mercury theme as well.
    2. Some parts of the UI are not affected by the theme:
    - several scrollbars are Windows style, not Sonar style
    - the left/right arrows for tabs in the docking area
    3. While I like the dark colors of the Tungsten theme, I won't use it because of the flat buttons. For a user interface that has so much visual information like many areas of Sonar (e.g. the mixer), it is really helpful to have 3D style controllers for everything where the user can interact. For good reason, the Tungsten theme still uses 3D for faders and knobs. So, I hope future themes will have 3D buttons.

Ralf,

FWIW, I imported the Mercury buttons and other elements into the Tungsten background. 

Here's the link if you want it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s...o5j3/Mercsten.sth?dl=0

“Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy” is attributed to Benjamin Franklin perhaps in error, but the thought remains a worthy sentiment nonetheless.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1