Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?)

Author
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
2016/07/20 15:41:22 (permalink)

Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?)

I have a 500GB C drive and a 3TB backup drive. I want to clone the C drive before upgrading from 8.1 to 10. Using Acronis. I need to initialize the 3TB drive. Since it is large I need to use GPT but the C drive is MBR. I cannot get support on the phone si I'm sitting here.
Will I have trouble if I clone an MBR drive to a GPT drive? I could initialize the 3TB drive as MBR, upgrade to W10 and then reformat it once I'm sure everything is OK. I really don't expect a problem but I still need to know if I can use a GPT drive to backup MBR drives. The computer is a Studiocat maybe a year old, probably a little less.
Anyway, I have no idea but I DO know I don't want to cause problems for myself.
Thanks for any help...

Julien
post edited by jbow - 2016/07/20 16:19:28

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!

29 Replies Related Threads

jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 16:05:02 (permalink)
    Bump, just sitting here waiting.

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 16:44:17 (permalink)
    The byte sectors on all the disks are 512 and all the drives are Toshiba. I do have a W-8.1 disk in case everything goes south. Perhaps I should clone to the 3TB disk and backup to an internal disk. I know I wont be able to not from a USB drive but if I restore everything from the clone to the original drive shouldn't everything be right again.... I mean that's the whole idea right?
    I expect less problems from the upgrade that from the cloning and possible restore.
    I need to clone my laptop too.
    As long as I'm asking, can I just backup the C drive and the laptop drive to the 3TB drive to different folders? I do not plan to partition it unless I need to. I have no idea if I need to or not. I guess once I do either MRB or GPT I will have to ability to create folders.
    Someone throw me a line...
    J

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 17:23:14 (permalink)
    I always use backup image (instead of clone), and whether it's backing up an MBR (system drive) or GPT (storage drive), the end-result is a compressed file, so it doesn't care where I put it (Which typically is a GPT storage drive, but again, it doesn't matter).

I used to clone partitions when I first started doing backups, but since I discovered backup images a decade or so ago, I've used them exclusively.  Backup images take up much less space, and I've found them just as reliable.

I know this doesn't address your cloning question, but you might consider doing a backup image instead.  You won't have to worry about any MBR/GPT differences/issues.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 17:51:17 (permalink)
    What is the difference between a backup image and a clone? Can I do it with Acronis?
    Thanks Jon,

Julien

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 17:57:07 (permalink)
    A clone (which is iffy - works for some and not others) copies every block, whether good or bad and same way with data all data both good and bad and makes an exact copy on the "cloned" drive. 

A disc image (backup) (all partitions on the "C" drive) only copies the (good) data to a file.  You can use the disc image to create a new drive, or rebuild the current drive. 

I too only use disc images. 

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 18:04:03 (permalink)
    First be sure your computer is UEFI not just BIOS. Windows is likely to require some major adjustment (high level manual kludge) to boot a system from a GPT drive using BIOS, since the bootloaders on the two systems are not compatible. In most cases you should assume that there is no way that your system will ever boot windows from a GPT drive without UEFI.

Assuming you have UEFI, the safest way to do this is probably to partition your blank 3TB drive so that you have a 500 GB MBR partition created, and leave the rest unallocated. Then you can image your current C drive, and restore that image to your new MBR partition resulting in an MBR bootable image. After confirming that you have a bootable MBR system, you can then run your upgrade, and when you have finished, you can use Windows 10 to convert your drive to GPT. After that you can extend your existing partition into the unallocated space to get access to the full 3TB.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/convert-mbr-to-gpt-disk

Some cloning applications may do this automatically, but I am unable to find a statement from Acronis that any version will do that. 
    http://www.backup-utility.com/clone/clone-mbr-to-gpt-disk-4348.html

jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 18:31:19 (permalink)
    I created three equal partitions but I can surely go back and try to figure out how to make one 500GB partition. I have no idea how to find out if I have UEFI but I am pretty sure since it's a Roseberry build and less than a year old, it is up to date but I'll check. I hate this sort of thing, I know squat about computers, other than using programs that just work.
    Thanks... I'm going to eat dinner than check back.

Julien

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 19:02:54 (permalink)
    OK, I don't understand all this so since I really don't expect to need this backup after I upgrade to W10 I think I'm going to take Jim's advice and use Acronis to clone. I don't think there is anything wrong with the drive. It is all DAW, no email, no antivirus, only online for downloading samples, instruments, or Cakewalk updates etc. I expect I'll have to reauthorize ADD-2 but like I said, I don't expect to need this clone of 8.1. I do have an 8.1 disk if I need it. I'll run a backup and try the clone, I may see if I can change the partition to 500GB but I don't want a bunch of 500GB partitions and I'm not sure I can change it once done. I'm really not comfortable with three 1TB (or just under) partitions either. I'm not even sure if it will make three partitions. I just set the maximum to 1/3 of the size listed. Minimum is 8mb, I think.
    I'll go to the DAW and check some more. I'm doing this on my laptop. This laptop will likely have BIOS since it was originally a W-7 64 computer.
    My main concern is about WRM or GPT and if I will be able to load the clone onto a new disk in case of a crash (which I do not expect to need to do) remember this is in advance of upgrading from 8.1 to 10. I know I wont be able to boot from a USB dock, which is where the 3TB drive is, but I could install it in the case.
    Thanks.
    Julien

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    dwardzala
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1470
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 19:15:41 (permalink)
    Julien, I am in the process of upgrading myself.  I bought Acronis and made a disk image (not a clone).  It took about 2 hours for 180 GBs or so.  I am doing the upgrade to Win 10 (from Win 7) as I type.

Dave
    Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
    MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
    Win10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
    M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
    https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 19:26:56 (permalink)
    Hey Dave, let me know how it goes. I went with the clone because I couldn't find an option for a disk image. As I said, I'm not too worried, I expect W-10 to install and work. I expect that the clone will work too
    BTW, where is the disk image option in Acronis, I will use it in the future to backup once W10 is installed and working and to backup my samples and project drives.
    I'll have to study more before doing my laptop, I'm sure it is BIOS. Also, Acronis, even though I went with "manual" decided to stay with WRM, I guess since the partitions are smaller than 2TB that is ok... heck, IDK. I'm just clicking and hoping but W10 on my laptop has been really good.
    If I have to buy another drive to image the laptop I'll do that. It is 500GB and running out of space. It has about 20GB left so I want to image or clone it and get a bigger laptop drive then put it back just like it is.. if I can. It seems impossible or at least improbable to me but they say it can be done. User error is my biggest concern, ignorance if you will....
    Thanks and I hope all goes well for you. When I upgraded this laptop from W-7 to W-10, it went without a hitch. I didn't backup anything. It just worked.

J

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 19:58:00 (permalink)
    Everything seems OK so far. I had left the USB3 dock with the 3TB drive plugged in and on. I think the computer tried to boot from it and started to get errors and went into REPAIR. I turned the USB hub off and then the DAW started up just fine. I checked Platinum and it seems fine, still loads quick, updated CCC, loaded the new Themes feature. Now I'm downloading W-10 and going to install it. Then I'll take a look and see what is on the Clone drive.
    So far so good. I knew it would not boot from a USB drive so that isn't a problem.

J

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    dwardzala
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/20 20:11:17 (permalink)
    The disk image is just the back up.  Clone is in the tools menu.  A disk image ends up being smaller than the actual drive.  I'm currently 90% installed.

Dave
    Win10 x64 Home

M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Jim Roseberry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/21 00:45:37 (permalink)
    FWIW,
    For this purpose (a backup of your existing OS install), I'd use the Backup (image file) feature of True Image.

A "clone" would be useful for making an exact copy of your boot drive.
    Say... to have a spare boot-drive sitting on a shelf... just in case anything happened to the original boot drive.
    You could swap the clone for the original boot drive... and be back up-and-running immediately.

With a backup image file, you could do something very similar.
    Install a fresh/new drive (that will be the new boot drive)... and use True Image to load the backup image file onto this new drive.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    Moshkito
    Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3765
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/21 14:56:20 (permalink)
    Hi,

I'm not the expert here, and won't try to suggest that. But I have a question or two.

Why are you worried about an "image"? 
    1. An image includes everything and the kitchen sink. On a backup, you do not need Windows, the programs, and all the other garbage that is in your computer. 

2. Why not, just make sure that all your work is on the other drive, and all the files pertinent, and please note that every program creates their "own" location (I do not allow that, btw!!!!!!!!), and you just need to check the settings on the 5 or 6 programs that you have, re-open them, and them have that piece of music (let's say) be saved over THERE, on the other drive, and then you can re-check it, and remove the one in the bad location.

3. I only have 2 locations for all my work. "Files" and "Writing" ... and they have their subdivisions within for various uses. The only thing I really need to backup in my computer is those two things.

4. VST's on my computer. A copy of them all is on my locations. Again, anything created with them, and saved is in the Files locations.

In my way of seeing, and YES, I DO NOT have as much music and stuff as you guys do, making sure that things are all in a central location, will save you a lot of time, space and hassle, and not have to deal with compatibility issues. Not to mention crashes.

In my case, I have copies of those 2 locations in 2 other machines ... Files 2 and Files 3 and Writing 2 and Writing 3. So when I go to the lake, for example, I plug in the laptop, turn on the network and then copy the Writing stuff over. When returning I can do the same to the original. I guess I'm not as diligent at copying the folders, but in general, every Sunday night I burn 15 minutes to make sure I am backed up. I can also put these on a CD, if needed.

When you setup W10, it will create a return point, and it should (should!) be able to return everything back to what it was. But I would make sure and cover your own work. You can reinstall a program or two ... but redoing your work can be a hassle, as you feel you lost too much.

Losses are interesting for me. When I let them go, guess what? I gained more and something else in return. Don't ask me to explain that.

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
    Jim Roseberry
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/21 17:30:54 (permalink)
    One would assume that the OP already has a backup of his data.   

The reason for the backup Image file... is to backup the existing OS (just in case).
    There's a 99.9% chance he won't need that backup of the existing OS install... but it's better safe than sorry.

I don't recommend using backup image software for data.
    Adds an unnecessary extra layer of complexity.
    Just drag/drop to backup project data...

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/21 18:28:40 (permalink)
    The upgrade went well. It went quickly. Everything I've tried opens at least. I hid Cortana. I would like to delete Cortana, I guess I'll have to Google that.
    It also seems to have installed Windows Defender. I do not want anti-virus software on my DAW, however it does not show up in APPs or Programs (where you uninstall). Does anyone know how to get rid of these. I think I managed with all the security, location off, stuff like that etc. I think I'll be able to delete the clone of Windows 8.1

Thanks all.

Julien

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/21 18:39:35 (permalink)
    Jim Roseberry
    FWIW,
    For this purpose (a backup of your existing OS install), I'd use the Backup (image file) feature of True Image.

A "clone" would be useful for making an exact copy of your boot drive.
    Say... to have a spare boot-drive sitting on a shelf... just in case anything happened to the original boot drive.
    You could swap the clone for the original boot drive... and be back up-and-running immediately.

With a backup image file, you could do something very similar.
    Install a fresh/new drive (that will be the new boot drive)... and use True Image to load the backup image file onto this new drive.

Thanks Jim... yeah, I've been slack but I haven't done much lately.
    Two questions.
    1: Is an initialization of a new drive the same thing as formatting? So if I delete the clone of the W8 drive will I need to reformat the 3TB drive and re initialize it to use it to backup my W10 C drive, Samples drive, and projects drive?
    2: If I make a clone of my W10 C drive (OS/programs drive) will I need to, or should I update it from time to time and is this something I can do. Sorry to be such a dummy.

Thanks!
    Julien 

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    MrMook
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 589
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/21 18:41:23 (permalink)
    Here's a link to get rid of some of the Win 10 apps. I don't see Cortana in the list.

http://www.tenforums.com/...dows-10-a.html

Dave- 

SONAR Platinum

Intel i7 4790 360 GHz , 32 GB RAM, SR-22, UA-25EX, Win 7 x64, Too many Vsts and Effects.
    dwardzala
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/21 19:14:38 (permalink)
    Julien, glad your upgrade went well.  Mine took forever.  It was at 99% this morning (95% when I went to bed last night) and I was expecting to see it there when I got home from work, but it did finally complete.  My important things seem to be working e.g. my audio interface (which was why I delayed the updgrade until now), Sonar and iTunes.  I am not too concerned about my web browsers.   Other than a really slow process, it was fairly straight forward.

Dave
    Win10 x64 Home

M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/22 10:08:17 (permalink)
    God Dave!

Thanks Mook.
    I found a link on how to get rid of Defender. I think I'm rid of Weather. I'm wondering if I should keep Defender and just turn it off when I use Sonar. The only other things I do on the DAW is downloading programs, samples, and Sonar related stuff, no email or anything). Maybe Defender wont be a problem if I turn it off... then again, I read that it will turn itself back on if not used for a while.
    J

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/22 10:22:18 (permalink)
    Windows Defender is the free Anti Virus.  I've been using it for years (and the last year on Win 10).  It does not interfere with Sonar (at least not mine).  I do disable the internet (Ethernet) when I do anything with Sonar.  However, on occasion I have forgot to disable it and nothing happened (interference) in Sonar.

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    BobF
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/22 10:39:16 (permalink)
    jbow
    God Dave!

Thanks Mook.
    I found a link on how to get rid of Defender. I think I'm rid of Weather. I'm wondering if I should keep Defender and just turn it off when I use Sonar. The only other things I do on the DAW is downloading programs, samples, and Sonar related stuff, no email or anything). Maybe Defender wont be a problem if I turn it off... then again, I read that it will turn itself back on if not used for a while.
    J

Defender (8.1) has a place to specify exclusions.  I excluded Sonar back when the huge Rap Pro libraries were slow loading.  Excluding Sonar sped that up considerably.

Point is you can keep Defender from interfering without turning it off/on ... a pain to remember for me

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Jim Roseberry
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/22 11:53:00 (permalink)
    jbow

Thanks Jim... yeah, I've been slack but I haven't done much lately.
    Two questions.
    1: Is an initialization of a new drive the same thing as formatting? So if I delete the clone of the W8 drive will I need to reformat the 3TB drive and re initialize it to use it to backup my W10 C drive, Samples drive, and projects drive?
    2: If I make a clone of my W10 C drive (OS/programs drive) will I need to, or should I update it from time to time and is this something I can do. Sorry to be such a dummy.

Thanks!
    Julien 

Hi Julien,

No, initialization of the drive doesn't create a partition or format it.  You'll still need to partition/format.

You can update the cloned Win10 OS/Programs drive from time-to-time.
    FWIW, I wouldn't worry about that.
    If you need the cloned Win10 disk... you can install it and update Win10 at that time.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    kitekrazy1
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3524
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/24 16:13:43 (permalink)
    Seems like people wanted to turn this into a rocket science.
    I never had an issue with all versions of True Image.
    For what it's worth I had a W7 machine with True Image 2010 Home.  I upgrade to 10 to get my free upgrade and reverted it back to 7 with the same software.
    I never had a problem cloning.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
    slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/24 20:13:45 (permalink)
    jbow
    God Dave!

Thanks Mook.
    J

Absolutely keep defender, and just turn it off it becomes a problem. It is free, it works pretty well and it is compatible with Windows. What more do you need for a system as minimally exposed as you describe?

p.s. Run Windows from a user account not an administrator account.

p. p. s. How do you turn off the weather? Waaay too hot today for me. 
    kitekrazy1
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3524
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/25 01:11:06 (permalink)
    You can choose what Defender scans. Usually the best thing is to set it not to scan itself. BTW it is not a resource intensive app.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
    jbow
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/27 15:58:22 (permalink)
    Thanks all...

J

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    Jim Roseberry
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/28 11:09:06 (permalink)
    kitekrazy1
    For what it's worth I had a W7 machine with True Image 2010 Home.  I upgrade to 10 to get my free upgrade and reverted it back to 7 with the same software.

FWIW, If you've used True Image for years, it's child's play.   
    For someone new to the process, they just want to be sure they get it right.

I've used True Image hundreds of times (myself and for clients) over the past 12 years.
    Never had an issue.  It's never failed...

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    Jim Roseberry
    Re: Trying to clone disk and upgrade to W10. WRM and GPT??? (anyone?) 2016/07/28 11:09:09 (permalink)
    kitekrazy1

FWIW, If you've used True Image for years, it's child's play.   
    For someone new to the process, they just want to be sure they get it right.

I've used True Image hundreds of times (myself and for clients) over the past 12 years.
    Never had an issue.  It's never failed...

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1