Helpful ReplyWhen you fix the chronic problems of SONAR?

Author
luna004
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2016/08/03 13:21:05 (permalink)

When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR?

1. Intermittent crash.
There is no even error message. Just randomly stop and no response. And I can't find any reason. Do not blame users computer and VST. I used Sonar(Cakewalk) on multiple computers for over 10 years. It's the problem of SONAR.

2. PRV worse than SONAR X3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeJ1JU1r-y8
My lack of English skills, I had tried to do my best to create this video. Last year I suggested this issue, I got the support of many people, but CW just ignored. Just try Studio One's PRV, CW. And learn something.

Please stop the development of new features for a moment, back to basics CW. Nearly two years have passed since Sonar Platinum released. If you don't fix very basic issues like this, it is no different as betrayal of the users who purchases the lifetime update membership.
Thank you.
post edited by luna004 - 2016/08/03 14:07:01
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/08/03 17:48:39 (permalink)
luna004
1. Intermittent crash.
There is no even error message. Just randomly stop and no response. And I can't find any reason. Do not blame users computer and VST. I used Sonar(Cakewalk) on multiple computers for over 10 years. It's the problem of SONAR.

Sorry to say, but till proved otherwise (and that happens periodically, but under rather special conditions), the reason in UNKNOWN. Many people I using Sonar without (or close to without) freezes. If Sonar would be the reason for everyone random stops, do you think people will keep silence?

2. PRV worse than SONAR X3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeJ1JU1r-y8
My lack of English skills, I had tried to do my best to create this video. Last year I suggested this issue, I got the support of many people, but CW just ignored. Just try Studio One's PRV, CW. And learn something.

"Problem 1" is in fact periodically annoying, but
"Problem 2" is rather hard to reproduce and
"Problem 3" you generate yourself by drawing CC changes without quantization (intention?)

Please stop the development of new features for a moment,

... do you suggest to close the company? Because without new features no one can survive.

Nearly two years have passed since Sonar Platinum released

More then 10 years have passed since you have created your account

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
luna004
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/08/03 22:24:17 (permalink)

Sorry to say, but till proved otherwise (and that happens periodically, but under rather special conditions), the reason in UNKNOWN. Many people I using Sonar without (or close to without) freezes. If Sonar would be the reason for everyone random stops, do you think people will keep silence?

Actually, people don't keep silence. So many people complain of freezes, but they do not get a satisfactory answer. In my experience, Sonar is too short a period to occur freezes compared to other DAW. Most people suffering from this problem is to consider only issues to bear in order to use Sonar..

"Problem 3" you generate yourself by drawing CC changes without quantization (intention?)

Free hand draw tool is used to very often through to shortcut. If you felt that "Problem 2" is hard to reproduce, you probably not use free hand draw tool in CC window.
And "Problem 3" tells the more CC data that the PRV is more slow. This is not normal. I draw exquisite CC data every orchestra instruments, In the most common tasks, the PRV is slowed irritate me. My computer is the latest specification including VGA.

... do you suggest to close the company? Because without new features no one can survive.

I mean, spend a little time to create something new, please fix the basic problems. I'm sorry for my lack of English skills.

I mean Sonar "Platinum". Or maybe I can't understand your means.

Thank you for your reply
post edited by luna004 - 2016/08/04 02:29:24
RexRed
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/08/04 00:31:25 (permalink)
I would like to chime in on this, I am not sure what causes this really but my Cakewalk only has constant crashing problem on Sundays.

This has been the case for many years.

I will be working on music and cakewalk crashes. It will crash again and again then I will look at what day it is and... it is always a Sunday.

My ideas on this is it can't be Cakewalk it must be Windows. A hidden thing Windows does some sort of scan only on Sundays when it err... uploads your private files to the NSA or a malware scan that does not even show up in your background processes list. I have even tried turning off the internet and it still happens.

You cannot see or shut off this windows function and it can last much of the day and night.

The next day cakewalk works like a charm on the exact same project. I could be just imagining things here but I am quite sure I am not.

LOL 

http://rexred.com plz like and share my tunes
post edited by RexRed - 2016/08/04 00:54:52
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/08/04 09:12:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby luna004 2016/09/14 20:32:55
luna004

Actually, people don't keep silence. So many people complain of freezes, but they do not get a satisfactory answer. In my experience, Sonar is too short a period to occur freezes compared to other DAW. Most people suffering from this problem is to consider only issues to bear in order to use Sonar..

I do not know either you are writing DX/VST plug-ins, I do. And I know how fast I can freeze/crash Sonar from any of them, just small typo... just forgot to update one single character in the source. Sometimes the freeze happens months after I use the plug-in (every day), just because I was not using that (rare) combination which trigger it.

Basic Sonar code is the only common part which is executed by >>10k of users every day. If there is a bug here, 100s of users will hit it every hour! And there is not "so many complains" now (compare with first days after initial Rapture Pro release).

But count the number of different plug-ins you are using inside your project. How many people are using exactly these plug-ins, exactly on the same Windows + libraries version, exactly with the same settings inside the plug-in, with the same audio interface, with the same buffer settings (yes, that also influence each plug-in stability)?
Most probably you are completely alone! So, in case there is a bug in that, you will be the only one who observe it.

That is why the first reaction on such report is an advice to check your system for the reason. And not because an army of "CW fan boys" are babysitting this forum. I have looked you video to check either I can reproduce your bugs and so confirm them to escalate and may be get them fixed, and not to complain to you.

RexRed
I would like to chime in on this, I am not sure what causes this really but my Cakewalk only has constant crashing problem on Sundays.

When I have something wrong with Sonar and check system logs afterwards, normally I see some system activity at that time. I can not say that happens Sundays only

Free hand draw tool is used to very often through to shortcut. If you felt that "Problem 2" is hard to reproduce, you probably not use free hand draw tool in CC window.

I in fact prefer track automations with CC over CC editing in PRV. But I have specially tried to reproduce Free hand problem in my Platinum yesterday, and I could not. The cursor stay as a pencil even when over old values (and function as such). Can it be some setting? I do not know.
Note that I can reproduce that in X2 and that is bugging me when I use it. But that is a "discontinued" version.

And "Problem 3" tells the more CC data that the PRV is more slow. This is not normal. I draw exquisite CC data every orchestra instruments, In the most common tasks, the PRV is slowed irritate me. My computer is the latest specification including VGA.

Especially in case of complex material, with many CCs, I recommend "snap" (quantize) CC changes to reasonable (maximal) value to avoid extra MIDI data. Sonar allows you to draw ridiculous amount of CC data, which is:
a) more then old conventional MIDI hardware equipment can transfer (no more then ~1000 MIDI events per second)
b) much more then any real controller can produce (if you use it life)

That in fact has several consequences:
1) which you already observe, slow editing
2) which you MAY BE also observe, (some of ) your plug-ins can be not prepared to process that information correctly, causing unusual behavior or even Sonar crashes/freezes!
3) Sonar's MIDI engine can trigger some unusual combination of something, especially when combined with timed information like tempo changes.
I will go a bit technical here, skip if not interested. VSTi process information in buffer size chunks. Let say you have it set to 256 samples, by 44.1 kHz. That means VSTi is asked to generate ~6ms audio into one buffer. Before that, Sonar send it ALL MIDI information for that 6ms period, including CCs. What then happened is the plug-in author dependent. I think in most cases, the plug-in will just use the last value for particular CC, so effectively ignoring all your "smooth" drawings under 6ms. Other can try to process each change separately, means custom updating VSTi parameter for each event, potentially triggering quite big CPU/RAM activity if implemented incorrectly. Note that plug-ins authors are normal people, they have some expectations what you send to plug-in. And in case you send something they have not foreseen, that can easily trigger a bug. In numbers, 120bmp means one beat is 500ms. Without snap, you can draw with resolution 960 per beat, ~0.5ms = ~ 12 CC events per one audio buffer!
If you really need such precise and frequent changes, it is better to use envelopes/oscillators inside VSTi, which was though to be used for such purpose.

I mean Sonar "Platinum". Or maybe I can't understand your means.

I was just joking, please do not take is personal or serious

Many people come to this forum to complain and posts are started with similar patterns:
1 day old forum account - "I am using Cakewalk since 30 years..."
1 month old forum account - "I am using Cakewalk since 20 years..."
1 year forum account - "I am using Cakewalk since 10 years..."

Sonar Platinum was released 13 January 2015, so it is 1.5 years old. "Nearly two years have passed..." is what has triggered me to start joking. I am a programmer, when something is so un-precise, that make me smile

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/08/04 16:42:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby luna004 2016/09/14 20:33:29
On the front of holding up new features and working on fixes, etc., Cakewalk did this recently. If you read through the Fixes/Enhancements sections of each release, you can see Cakewalk has been adapting to our needs and gripes, and even speeding up the frequency of fixes. If you've been using Sonar for 10+ years, you should be aware now that Cakewalk is releasing fixes much more often in these 'monthly' updates, which is faster than ever.

Crashes still do happen, but from what I've seen more recently, the crashes happen more often because of Windows10, or due to some plug-in I'm using, such as Drumagog5 Platinum (when it can't find the .gog files it needs to load).

I might also recommend, ensure you have the latest Sonar version installed and enable your analytics in Preferences, so that Cakewalk might not only gather information based on what you're using, but also perhaps why your Sonar is crashing.

If the problem is happening too frequently, call Support and see if they can have a copy of your project to test with.

The more accurate information you can give to Cakewalk, the better they can at least identify the issue, even if they can't actually fix it.

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
luna004
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/13 03:33:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby siordanescu 2016/09/13 08:49:22
Thank you very much guys, I found my cause of the crash. TTS-1 is always my problem. I don't use TTS anymore, and I have no more crash!
williamcopper
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/13 19:45:18 (permalink)
Well, glad some of it was resolved.   I too feel that basic, simple, everyday fixes in Sonar Platninum are constantly ignored.   Cut/paste a few times still causes crash; hide controllers in event list still is not remembered and has to be done over and over; large fonts in Windows still problematic; idiotic management of PRV controller pane still  the same as ever; terrible handling of curve drawing in PRV controller pane still the same as ever; inability to make one-click midi notes in PRV still crippled by the stupid scissors thing that no-one uses.  
post edited by williamcopper - 2016/09/13 20:07:19
Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/14 06:18:01 (permalink)
" inability to make one-click midi notes in PRV still crippled by the stupid scissors thing that no-one uses.  "

Ah, you mean YOU don't use it, not nobody.

NONE of the above belongs in the Features & Ideas forum, so do not be surprised that none of your issues are addressed

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Bristol_Jonesey
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/19 11:24:08 (permalink)
You can "thumbs down" my post all you want, but the FACT remains - this is the Features and Ideas forum, NOT a general problem solving one.

Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/19 11:37:28 (permalink)
moved to general discussion area
Bristol_Jonesey
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/19 12:19:12 (permalink)
Thanks Steve

Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/19 12:30:11 (permalink)
luna004
Thank you very much guys, I found my cause of the crash. TTS-1 is always my problem. I don't use TTS anymore, and I have no more crash!

That thing came out 11 years ago (2005 or so).  I figure few people use it other than General MIDI.  

Not sure why it would cause periodic crashes though.  
JohanSebatianGremlin
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 402
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/19 13:24:38 (permalink)
When I want to add a bunch of CC information to a track manually (i.e. without recording a controller move in real time), I drop in an envelope and nodes as needed. Maybe its just me, but I find it quicker, simpler and much more precise than trying to do anything freehand with CC data.

I think I'd rather stick pins in my eyeballs than do anything freehand when it comes to CC data.
luna004
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/19 23:09:35 (permalink)
JohanSebatianGremlin
When I want to add a bunch of CC information to a track manually (i.e. without recording a controller move in real time), I drop in an envelope and nodes as needed. Maybe its just me, but I find it quicker, simpler and much more precise than trying to do anything freehand with CC data.

I think I'd rather stick pins in my eyeballs than do anything freehand when it comes to CC data.

I know a lot of people put a CC using the envelope on the track . But for those who like me, it seems that the best way to enable the envelope in the PRV (like StudioOne). If you draw a diagonal CC line in PRV, unnecessarily large amount of data is consumed.

Bristol_Jonesey
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/20 06:08:20 (permalink)
luna004
JohanSebatianGremlin

I know a lot of people put a CC using the envelope on the track . But for those who like me, it seems that the best way to enable the envelope in the PRV (like StudioOne). If you draw a diagonal CC line in PRV, unnecessarily large amount of data is consumed.

Try messing around with your Snap Settings. I'm pretty sure that with Snap OFF you will get one "node" written for however many  PPQN's  (Pulses Per Quarter Note) set up.

Turn Snap on and set it to something like 1/16 or 1/32 and draw your line again.

Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/20 11:26:32 (permalink)
Brian Walton
luna004

That thing came out 11 years ago (2005 or so).  I figure few people use it other than General MIDI.  

Interestingly, I went through a period of a few weeks where having the TTS-1 in a project would cause problems (crashes, freezes). This went away as suddenly as it appeared, and these days I use the TTS-1 without incident.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/20 12:07:47 (permalink)
Of all the VST instruments TTS-1 seems the most stable.. 100's of my projects use one or two parts and I've never had an issue. I've even had 2 instances running with 20 tracks.

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/20 12:11:41 (permalink)
luna004
I draw exquisite CC data 

In cursive?
Bristol_Jonesey
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/20 12:18:39 (permalink)
Cactus Music
Of all the VST instruments TTS-1 seems the most stable.. 100's of my projects use one or two parts and I've never had an issue. I've even had 2 instances running with 20 tracks.

I've had times when simply trying to insert TTS-1 would cause SONAR to instantly crash. This was happening in SPLAT not so long ago.

But, like Craig, I've not seen this for a while now.

williamcopper
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/21 13:50:14 (permalink)
Focusing just on one point in the above:   so many people say, don't draw CC values in PRV, use envelopes.  

Ok, maybe.   But hello, nearly every other DAW can draw CC values in their equivalent of the PRV with far fewer really bad design choices.   I've tried to explain several times before why envelopes are not as good, but keep it simple:   other DAWs can draw CC values beautifully, why can't Sonar?    The whole "grab-it-if-close" is a major design flaw, fix it.   Having to set a snap value to prevent too many CC values is a design flaw.  Fix it.   Fixed height segments, same for every controller whether it has 128 values or 8196 values is a design flaw, fix it.

post edited by williamcopper - 2016/09/21 14:16:21
luna004
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/25 09:38:48 (permalink)
bapu
luna004
I draw exquisite CC data 

In cursive?

Is there a problem in Google Translator? =O

Anderton
Brian Walton
luna004

Interestingly, I went through a period of a few weeks where having the TTS-1 in a project would cause problems (crashes, freezes). This went away as suddenly as it appeared, and these days I use the TTS-1 without incident.

Well, I'm not sure but I still have not suffered a crash. I will try TTS-1 again.

williamcopper
Focusing just on one point in the above:   so many people say, don't draw CC values in PRV, use envelopes.  

Ok, maybe.   But hello, nearly every other DAW can draw CC values in their equivalent of the PRV with far fewer really bad design choices.   I've tried to explain several times before why envelopes are not as good, but keep it simple:   other DAWs can draw CC values beautifully, why can't Sonar?    The whole "grab-it-if-close" is a major design flaw, fix it.   Having to set a snap value to prevent too many CC values is a design flaw.  Fix it.   Fixed height segments, same for every controller whether it has 128 values or 8196 values is a design flaw, fix it.

Thank you my friend. Please strongly request to the main office. I do not know how.
luna004
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/25 09:47:56 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey
luna004
JohanSebatianGremlin

Try messing around with your Snap Settings. I'm pretty sure that with Snap OFF you will get one "node" written for however many  PPQN's  (Pulses Per Quarter Note) set up.

Turn Snap on and set it to something like 1/16 or 1/32 and draw your line again.

I already do that. Because forced to do so. The real problem is that CC drawing is too uncomfortable.
post edited by luna004 - 2016/09/25 10:13:18
Anderton
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/25 12:43:38 (permalink)
Post #21 by William Copper is the "best" answer if the definition of "best" is displaying ignorance of the program. See the video below.

williamcopper
I've tried to explain several times before why envelopes are not as good, but keep it simple: other DAWs can draw CC values beautifully, why can't Sonar?

There's a basic fact about product development that you still don't seem to understand, so I'll keep it simple: Different programs and designers have different priorities, and therefore choose to allocate their resources in accordance with those priorities. 

Regardless, Cakewalk did make the improvements you've mentioned ad nauseum regarding variable controller height, not having multiple strips condense height, and not being able to click on an existing value and continue it, when they introduced the inline PRV (please refer to the video below). If you choose not to avail yourself of the solutions Cakewalk offers, then your solution is to use a DAW that is congruent with your unique set of requirements. If you can't find one, use the one that comes closest, then learn how it works rather than demand that it work the way you think it should.

Having to set a snap value to prevent too many CC values is a design flaw.

I don't understand how that is a design flaw. People often want to snap controllers. Some people want to snap to different rhythmic values than others. I don't know how it's possible to specify a snap value without specifying a snap value. 

Fixed height segments, same for every controller whether it has 128 values or 8196 values is a design flaw.

The only MIDI controller with 8196 values is pitch bend. I certainly wouldn't want the height of the pitch bend strip to be 64 times higher than the other controllers in the standard PRV.

But that's irrelevant, because you can vary the height to whatever you want (well, within the limits of your monitor size) in the inline PRV. Are you not aware that you're not limited to using envelopes in Track View, and that you can draw with a pencil? And that in Track View, "grab it if close" is not an issue, and you can simply draw starting with an existing value and continue it? You're essentially asking Cakewalk for a solution where one already exists. Why you choose not to avail yourself of it remains a mystery to me.

I've pointed out the value of using the Track View PRV to you plenty of times. Hopefully seeing what I'm talking about will help you understand. I recommend watching it on YouTube in full-screen mode so you see for yourself that the drawing picks up EXACTLY from the controller's existing value.

Fix it...fix it...fix it

Cakewalk does major updates to sections to address multiple issues at the same time. They will do specific bug fixes for isolated elements, but the kind of things you mentioned (which in light of the video above, are likely a low priority because you're basically asking for another way to do something that already exists) reach into the core of the program. It would be stupid not to deal simultaneously with all the MIDI improvements Cakewalk wants to do (if for no other reason than for the QC process). Even though you repeatedly and gratuitously insult Cakewalk's developers by calling them dumb dumbs and bad designers, I can assure you they are very smart in how they allocate the resources they have...the monthly updates are proof positive of that.

For example, people have complained about how splitting stretched clips can produce an extraneous snap point. Now it's fixed. Presumably this is because Cakewalk is working on ripple editing, which involves splitting. So this is a good time to look at all the anomalies that relate to splitting.

Your requests may be valid (although in quite a few cases they simply represent ignorance of how the program works) but your attitude is infantile. You do not represent all users, your needs to not represent the needs of all users, and constant complaining in a peer-to-peer forum whose stated purpose is to help people get the most out of SONAR (a purpose you consistently ignore) will not cause Cakewalk to deviate from strategic roadmaps that are plotted out years in advance.

Overhauling one aspect of a program often requires making changes in other areas of the program first. Cakewalk will work on MIDI when it's time to work on MIDI. Using the forum as a personal soapbox to lobby for what you want and saying "fix it," as if repeating that mantra will actually accomplish anything, is a waste of your time and more importantly, the forum's time. With all due respect I suggest your time would be better spent reading the documentation.

SONAR is not holding you hostage. Stop playing the victim, and use the right tool for the right job. The video above shows what I think is the right tool for what you want to do, and accomplishes the forum's mission of helping people get the most out of SONAR. If SONAR doesn't do what you want, there are plenty of other DAWs out there. The only potential roadblock is that they require some effort spent learning them as well.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/25 14:14:20 (permalink)
luna004

I don't know if this is the problem but this was a DX plugin at one time.  It was great you posted a video of your problem.  Some are here to help while others will not but make a response about your anger.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
luna004
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/25 17:53:31 (permalink)
Most people do not require highly accurate and systematic cc editing. If I had not raised this issue, this issue would not be resolved forever. More than one year has passed raises this issue. Complaints of people who have experienced discomfort similar from becoming increasingly large is a matter of course. They are not bad. Some of the workarounds do not allow the function wrong also that there is attitude, it is just get in the way of development. I think the current PRV is obviously wrong. Alternative way is just alternative way, It can't to be main way because of many disadvantages you don't know. We have the right to continue to transfer the opinion there. I can not be determined that the sentence of William is rude because the performance of the translator is bad. However, he has the necessary claims to us. Apart from this problem, SONAR is the best DAW. That's why I don't leave SONAR.

The reason I originally posted this post, because the issues I wanted to go up even in developed subordinated list. But I do not know whether CW is to care even a little about this issue.
post edited by luna004 - 2016/09/25 19:48:00
Anderton
Re: When you fix the chronic problems of SONAR? 2016/09/25 20:35:18 (permalink)
luna004
 We have the right to continue to transfer the opinion there. I can not be determined that the sentence of William is rude because the performance of the translator is bad. However, he has the necessary claims to us.

No one is upset with WC for having opinions, or for refusing to learn techniques that would solve his problems. No one is upset with people who want to see improvements in the program - consider how many changes Cakewalk has made in direct response to user requests.

What is upsetting to me and many others is when someone becomes irrational in making the same demands repeatedly, insults the company that provides this forum for the benefit of its users, calls Cakewalk's engineers "dumb dumbs" and castigates them for what in his opinion are "bad designs," exaggerates to the point of people not knowing whether he actually believes what he says, and hijacks threads to insert personal agendas that have nothing to do with the thread topic. (At least WC was on-topic this time.)

I think if he stopped using the standard PRV for two weeks and forced himself to learn about the inline PRV in the track view and became skilled at using it, many of his problems would be solved. But I don't know, because he doesn't describe his workflow. He says one problem is that he can't continue writing a controller from an existing value; the video shows he's wrong. He says he doesn't like having controllers appear as thin little strips when there are lots of controllers; the video shows they don't have to be. He wants to be able to adjust the height of controllers as needed; the video shows he can make controllers take up the entire screen if he wants. Yet based on past experience, I'm pretty sure he'll reject those solutions, even though they accomplish what he says he wants. I don't just post these solutions for him, but for others who may not be aware of these techniques, and mistakenly believe WC is correct.

All programs will have compromises. The job of the user is not to find the perfect program, because such a program does not exist. The job is to find the program that comes closest, and then maintain a constructive, helpful dialog with the developers about how it can be improved. Calling the developers "stupid" and "idiots" in a public forum is not only extremely rude, it will not improve the program. All it does is reveal the mentality of the person making those kinds of posts.

I think WC should either find a program that does things the way he wants to the greatest degree possible, or do what the creators of Ableton Live did, and write a program (since he claims to be a software guru, and considers himself an excellent judge of software design) because nothing else served their exact needs. They didn't spend their time in the Cubase forums complaining that it couldn't do (and still can't do) what Ableton Live ended up doing. If they'd chosen that route, they'd still be waiting and complaining...16 years later.

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1