Assign fader colour group

Author
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
2016/08/21 11:49:10 (permalink)
4.83 (6)

Assign fader colour group

I've already suggested that fader have the option of following the bus or track colour.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Fader-to-follow-track-or-bus-colour-m3460467.aspxthey 

This is a similar suggestion, but different approach. The only issue with the above suggestion that we can assign any colour to a track of console base, so they'd need to be colouring a fader cap which would need to be a vanilla blank png.

Now we have theme editor we can colour. There are currently 3 types of fader, track, bus and hardware, all with narrow and wide. I'm suggesting we keep these, but more created for assigning colors, They could simply be fader a, b, c, d etc. Cake could create 6 default, for uses in artist and professional, and for those with theme editor these could edited  if desired.

So faders default to track, bus or hardware colours, then right click adds the option of assigning a colored fader of choice. . 

post edited by Kamikaze - 2016/08/22 10:16:34

3 Replies Related Threads

Kamikaze
    Re: Assign fader colour group 2016/08/27 07:22:49 (permalink)
    +3 (3)
    This gives an idea, of how handy it would be

skinnybones lampshade
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 530
    Re: Assign fader colour group 2016/08/27 21:46:35 (permalink)
    Yes, this is what I have been hoping for, too.

I would love fader caps to follow track colour. For example: It so happens that I colour guitar tracks green and vocal tracks yellow.

What I would like is for each fader cap to automatically change to whichever colour I have selected for the track. In the cases I've given: To green for guitars and to yellow for vocals.

I'm not a programmer, but it seems as though this might not be so difficult to offer as an option.

It would make recording much more pleasant for me.

Right now, the small (tiny?) rectangle at the bottom of the track strip is not the easiest to spot quickly. Of course, if you make the small effort to locate it, there it is. 

But this solution would eliminate multiple (unnecessary and, eventually, tiring) small efforts and make the experience of recording that much more rewarding.

I hope someone with the know-how to actually do this reads this thread and considers implementing this feature.

I promise to send that person a thank-you card annually for five years! 

Kamikaze
    Re: Assign fader colour group 2016/08/27 23:43:36 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Basically Above I've set drums to Narrow and instruments to wide, and given both track fader caps different colours in Them editor. Then assigned Fx buses to narrow, and Instrument buses to wide, and used two more colours. The Yellow is the hardware out.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1