[Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account!

Author
SigiZ58
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 93
2016/08/23 16:41:18 (permalink)

[Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account!

I just wanted to download the new update.

But my Platinum Lifetime account is away from my account.

What happened ?

I bought  a second license in online shop. But this never was added to my account. Support advised me to ask for refund as no second license is possible for the same account. I got the refund.
Today I want to load the update. My registered license is also gone now. What the f.......

Sorry, but this is not possible to understand for me. The license was bought in a Music shop and was registered with redemption code. So it should not be possible to remove it from my account like it has been done. The other licenses are still there (Rapture, Dimension Pro, etc.). It has surely not been done with intention , but I am not amused! 

I want my bought & paid (20.6.16 registered) Lifetime Platinum license back!
post edited by SigiZ58 - 2016/08/23 18:16:17

14 Replies Related Threads

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 17:18:15 (permalink)
    have you asked the music shop (Cleverbridge)?
    most support/account issues can be quickly resolved by going through the third party vendor (Cleverbridge) you bought the software through
    (unless im not understanding your comment.)
    post edited by chuckebaby - 2016/08/23 17:40:07

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

SigiZ58
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 17:29:29 (permalink)
    I did not buy the original license from cleverbridge. I had a box.
    I bought a second license in the online shop (Cleverbridge handles this).
    Cakewalk told me I cannot have a second license, as no second Platinum Serial can be registered on the same account. I should ask cleverbridge for refund, as the second license can not be delivered.
    I asked for refund. Now the original license (the license from the box) has been removed.
    What should Cleverbridge have to do with my Cakewalk Account in this case ? They refunded something that was not even delivered. 
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 17:47:25 (permalink)
    If I were guessing there is an automatic process revoking a license from an account upon refund.  As you have discovered there can only be one license per account. The process s not smart enough to handle this case. The original license will need to be restored.
    JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 17:54:47 (permalink)
    To make sure it's not a temporary glitch, try logging out then back in again:
    Log out of Cakewalk.  Reboot the PC.  Log into Cakewalk, see if Sonar is there.

Also, you should check to see if you received any emails from CW regarding the removal.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    SigiZ58
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 17:55:53 (permalink)
    Sean resolved already!

I hope it will stay there permanent from now on :-)

Really fast and smooth support.

Big Thank you!

SigiZ58
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 18:00:13 (permalink)
    scook
    Please update your threads as [Solved]
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3457437

I did this already, I guess "resoved" is ok also ?
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 18:01:24 (permalink)
    Either is fine. You have multiple threads about this issue.
    SigiZ58
    Re: My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/23 18:10:32 (permalink)
    The other thread was because of the second license could not be registered.

This one was because of the missing license. Yes, I am guilty, I wrote in both about this.

That was a bit exaggerated, sorry.  But your support surprised me complete with this fast reaction

Kind regards

randyman
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 182
    Re: [Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/27 14:07:19 (permalink)
    I've got the same issue going on.  I paid (thru Cleverbridge) two times for the lifetime updates as I guess I was pretty excited about them and all.  When I realized it, I asked for a refund and they refunded and now I have NO Platinum anything.  (been using Cake since it came on one floppy disc - which I still have ).

I've sent a request to help (have a case number, etc.) about two weeks ago explaining the issue including screenshots showing the payment history and timeline of events.  My account indicates paid on all things Platinum since 2015 and my product page shows none of them now... and the command center is back to demo of everything except it's not showing Platinum either).

I know there is nothing that can be done in the forums - this is a product/accounting issue that Cake has to resolve.  I just didn't think it would this long to resolve.  First issue I've ever had - sigh.

Yes I know I've posted on a [resolved] issue.. just venting a little I guess for the same type of problem.

A rack of noisemakers is not a definitive substitute for creativity. (though it does seem to help)

what I spend my lunch time doing:  (don't laugh - its just for fun!) www.soundclick.com/rnewburn

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: [Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/27 14:29:31 (permalink)
    Venting is good and Cakewalk needs to make sure this does not happen in the future. Appending to a thread whether resolved on not may not help resolve any problem you are experiencing. If you have an open case about a similar issue, consider creating a separate thread, include the case number. It might help.
    Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 6475
    Re: [Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2016/08/27 20:58:12 (permalink)
    randyman
    I've got the same issue going on.  I paid (thru Cleverbridge) two times for the lifetime updates as I guess I was pretty excited about them and all.  When I realized it, I asked for a refund and they refunded and now I have NO Platinum anything.  (been using Cake since it came on one floppy disc - which I still have ).

I've sent a request to help (have a case number, etc.) about two weeks ago explaining the issue including screenshots showing the payment history and timeline of events.  My account indicates paid on all things Platinum since 2015 and my product page shows none of them now... and the command center is back to demo of everything except it's not showing Platinum either).

I know there is nothing that can be done in the forums - this is a product/accounting issue that Cake has to resolve.  I just didn't think it would this long to resolve.  First issue I've ever had - sigh.

Yes I know I've posted on a [resolved] issue.. just venting a little I guess for the same type of problem.

Randyman you should be all set. I reactivated your order. Log in to command center and you should be activated again.

Noel Borthwick
    Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
    My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
    interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: [Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2017/04/30 19:05:07 (permalink)
    My Sonar has started to occasionally throw itself into demo mode. Restarting the program solves it. Although how do I renew it without causing the double license problem like above.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: [Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2017/04/30 19:12:31 (permalink)
    This thread is about a very specific point in time and a special offer that is no longer available. If you want to purchase another 12 months of SONAR Artist/Professional/Platinum either:
    • select the one-time payment plan and the additional 12 months will be added to your version of SONAR or
    • select the 12 month payment plan and pay every month.

interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: [Resolved] My Sonar Platinum lifetime license has been removed from my account! 2017/04/30 19:23:20 (permalink)
    I realised afterwards it was wrong sorry.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1