Helpful ReplyBapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune - new mix July 24, 2016)

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 14:01:00 (permalink)
Okay, Dave. Whatever you say.
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 14:14:39 (permalink)
I really gave you guys a fair shake… AND wanted to hear something cool…
But when I got to Huz So GU or whatever?? it was OVER…
I’m not sorry and if I’m going to tell someone here about their song they need to know I’m not going to BS them…
You tell me the guy singing HUz so Gu can even hit one note or faze right… come on say it….

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
Beepster
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 14:35:49 (permalink)
Can we hire you to produce our next album?

You seem legit.
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 14:44:15 (permalink)
Beepster

You seem legit.

Ya, he has "wires" that go to his mics. I wanna get me some of those wires for my mics.
Unknowen
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 15:02:52 (permalink)
bapu
Beepster

You seem legit.

Ya, he has "wires" that go to his mics. I wanna get me some of those wires for my mics.

WOW! that’s it.... good one... and that means what? are you being funny? ironical?
Sarcastic? Or just oblivious? Frankly, some of us shouldn’t even be close to a mic ;)
Maybe you can cut down my songs.... That would seem fair...

Hay look,
Beepster
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 15:11:55 (permalink)
Dave000

Why? That would be childish and moronic.

oh... wait...
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 15:12:03 (permalink)
Just FYI:

Code of Conduct

Welcome to the Cakewalk Forums! These forums have a reputation of providing a friendly environment to get help with Cakewalk products, discuss ideas, and connect with other members. Much of this is because our members treat each other with respect and courtesy, and we are dedicated to continuing this tradition.

Flaming, Bashing, and Trolling and All Personal Attacks
To retain the character of our forums, it is crucial to treat others with respect and dignity. Deciding what is or is not a personal attack is often a judgment call, but if in the opinion of a forum host a post or thread represents flaming, trolling, or personal attacks, it will be deleted. Those who repeatedly use these forums as a venue for personal vendettas or agendas will be banned.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
jamesyoyo
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3460
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 15:13:55 (permalink)
Dave000
bapu
Beepster

You seem legit.

WOW! that’s it.... good one... and that means what? are you being funny? ironical?
Sarcastic? Or just oblivious? Frankly, some of us shouldn’t even be close to a mic ;)

You can not dig something and still be civil about it. If its not your cuppa, fine. But it is their cuppa, and most people would prefer you don't spit in it.
bapu
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 15:26:33 (permalink)
Dave000

Don't need to be fair.

I listened to Molly. 

When something is not my cup o tea I simply do not comment. I move on.

'Nuff said.

bapu
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 15:33:44 (permalink)
Dave000
bapu
Beepster

You seem legit.

Just quoting you fro m your own video. Twice you said "this wire goes the mic ...". That was funny as a Pistol, Pete.
bapu
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 15:36:04 (permalink)
Dave000

But when I got to Huz So GU or whatever??

Methinks you were listening to John "Cougar" Mellancamp's Hurts So Good and got your knickers in a twist.

And, BTW. Thanks for keeping this song at the top of the page.

eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 17:50:57 (permalink)
I'm thinkin Warren 
Zevon.  Ad-
mirable job men
Unknowen
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 19:38:43 (permalink)
Just to the point…
Yea you listen to Molly and watched my video about my studio space…
I may have flubbed what I said… lol, and?

I listened to ALL of your songs up to and including the JC song… every one of them.
Trying to find anything to like! You got your way as well…
The difference is… you tried to make a joke at my expense… but I truly laugh with you…
That’s me…
BUT There was nothing funny to say about your songs! But I could have taken that route…
But I didn’t. Maybe you could review what you’re doing and at least try to raze your bar…

I did say you were good musicians! And I did try and find something to like. I’m not your mom, friend or your buddy here… you made that clear… “never forgive” But I started out trying to be objective.

You know I always tell it like it is! If you wanted I could have given you a list of everything that was wrong with each of your songs…  But there are others here that maybe will need and want help LIKE ME…

Do you really think that if you had something cool, I wouldn’t say so? I would…
I was dying to hear something that I could have said "that was cool"! yea.. just to get a thank you and MAYBE try and mend some fences... if you haven’t noticed…
And yup! I said what you NEEDED to here…

As far as picking on my song… that’s all I was saying… if it needs help TELL ME… that’s not childish. That’s why most of us are here… That’s why I came here last night… to the song area. why? Because I do respect many here and trust their judgment.
And frankly I don’t know what to think of people that like what you are doing…
I expected your songs to be professionally done and not half… done bad raw mixes..

Do you think it was easy for me to put a song up here? No! lol
My head went to a fun place and thought what the heck… Molly has been up for nearly a year and I’m just now putting it up here…

There are all types of people here and you can’t expect different personalities to follow the leaders or be ban mentality…
I stand behind what I said AND trying to “imply” an insult me won’t work…   It may be funny to the peanut gallery but I couldn’t care less…. Raze your bar and let me hear what you can really do!
OR are you really happy with the stuff you have online here? Truly, honestly, sincerely, I’m not trying to cut “you” as people down… I’m saying “get a clue” on what you do and raze your bar… That is my simple advice just as telling you Elvis is cool, and has some cool songs but NOT everyone can pull it off…
I know you guys know your S*iT within sonar...and you can play,
do something great! FRESH and NEW... get a new singer or use melodyne.
But if you don't care.... what's the point of "creation"? 

And as just to a point… keeping your song on top?
It makes Cakewalk software look like a joke!
HEY, listen to what these guys did with Splat… You think this should be our next DAW? hahaha...

peace!!!!!!! :)

Hay look,
Unknowen
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 19:42:27 (permalink)
bapu
Dave000

Don't need to be fair.

I listened to Molly. 

When something is not my cup o tea I simply do not comment. I move on.

'Nuff said.

you could have offered mixing advice.... as I do, and have over the years on other sites… and stepping out of your box and listing to and analyzing music not of your taste makes you more creative at the least...
Peace!

Hay look,
Beepster
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/24 19:50:51 (permalink)
Uh oh. Looks like someone decided to take a cheap shot at the big boys and got his feelers hurt.

lol

Go away.
Unknowen
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 09:37:24 (permalink)
Beepster
Uh oh. Looks like someone decided to take a cheap shot at the big boys and got his feelers hurt.

lol

Go away.

yea, I don't get that? but ok... twist and shout... ;)

Hay look,
Beepster
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 09:46:06 (permalink)
Dave000
Beepster

lol

Go away.

It means that if you don't want to get called out on your nonsense stop posting nonsense.

Seriously, you're like those dweebs who walk into a bar and mouths off to/picks fights with everyone then whines when they get bounced or smacked around a bit.

Slow your roll.
BASSJOKER
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 247
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 10:46:56 (permalink)
LOL......"Slow your roll"....love that line....use it about everyday.....also "Lets Rock" ...which is from wayyyy back in the day.   Anyway.....sigh....I guess I gotta chime in my .02 cents a second fellas....though I realllllly don't care to much to defend this side or that.  I just think we have a diff set of paradigms going on around here A LOT.  My reason to hang around here....and I am finally...after many moons of just givin little bits of feedback(verrrry busy as most) here and there....trying to start sharing some of my material/songs what have ya that I care deeply about and want to improve my recording/mixing abilities to make the best demo's I can .....not trying to get a radio edit down.   That said....I think its cool that a lot of cats who been here a long time ( Its cool/informative to see the discussions from years back...like when Melodyne first was up n coming....with all its flaws n troubles etc...) have a camaraderie of writing and recording at times....covers or not....its a forum of people with same interests(duh)...and at times like to corroborate on songs...covers/similars/what have you.  I don't expect that they wrote/played it for you (or me) but for their personal enjoyment first....and kindly "share" with those who may or may not wanna indulge...(duhh).  This is not a proving ground for hits...cause they few and far between and that's for the masses to decide.
 Anyway.....hope my input does nothing but give ya a lil smile on where im coming from....maybe a lil too Switzerland....but hey....it's how I roll...usually  ;o)

-Steve

MC7, Lexicon Alpha, Win10,Toshiba,Sat L955,Intel I5 1.7G, 6G Ram, 64 Bit,  Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Marshall, Vox, Ashdown

Unknowen
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 10:54:38 (permalink)
Beepster
Dave000
Beepster

lol

Go away.

It means that if you don't want to get called out on your nonsense stop posting nonsense.

Seriously, you're like those dweebs who walk into a bar and mouths off to/picks fights with everyone then whines when they get bounced or smacked around a bit.

Slow your roll.

so you are really saying you are some kind of "Big Boy"? and that I care if you call me out?  or that you are round about-ly calling me names? or are you saying that I'm like say.. John Lennon? what are you saying? ;)
Oh! you are just twisting what I said again... I get it now! you think that my reply to bapu or whatever was some kind of cowardly act to defend myself from some other random post... so yea, that would be a no... I was just pointing out another way to expand ones mind into new artistic areas and be able to help more people... maybe bapu could explain for himself?  

Hay look,
bapu
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 10:59:45 (permalink)
Bapu Am what Bapu Am.

.....explained.

Thanks again Pete for keeping this song at the top of the page so that those who have not listened to will get a chance to.

Beepster
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 11:10:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2016/08/25 11:26:07
BASSJOKER
LOL......"Slow your roll"....love that line....use it about everyday.....also "Lets Rock" ...which is from wayyyy back in the day.   Anyway.....sigh....I guess I gotta chime in my .02 cents a second fellas....though I realllllly don't care to much to defend this side or that.  I just think we have a diff set of paradigms going on around here A LOT.  My reason to hang around here....and I am finally...after many moons of just givin little bits of feedback(verrrry busy as most) here and there....trying to start sharing some of my material/songs what have ya that I care deeply about and want to improve my recording/mixing abilities to make the best demo's I can .....not trying to get a radio edit down.   That said....I think its cool that a lot of cats who been here a long time ( Its cool/informative to see the discussions from years back...like when Melodyne first was up n coming....with all its flaws n troubles etc...) have a camaraderie of writing and recording at times....covers or not....its a forum of people with same interests(duh)...and at times like to corroborate on songs...covers/similars/what have you.  I don't expect that they wrote/played it for you (or me) but for their personal enjoyment first....and kindly "share" with those who may or may not wanna indulge...(duhh).  This is not a proving ground for hits...cause they few and far between and that's for the masses to decide.
 Anyway.....hope my input does nothing but give ya a lil smile on where im coming from....maybe a lil too Switzerland....but hey....it's how I roll...usually  ;o)

Yup. You get it. Baps invited me to participate in some collabs when I just BARELY had Sonar first installed and showed up on the forum. Those early collabs taught me a ton of crucial skills/concepts I use today in my professional pursuits. They're just fun tunes with fun guys (please resist the urge to make mushroom puns) having fun with all the fun technological doodads we are fortunate enough to have access to in this day and age.

The Songs forum is usually a very pleasant, helpful and respectful place. Dave's posts, as usual, are an abberation.

Cheers.
Beepster
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 11:58:27 (permalink)
Dave000
so you are really saying you are some kind of "Big Boy"? and that I care if you call me out?  or that you are round about-ly calling me names? or are you saying that I'm like say.. John Lennon? what are you saying? ;)
Oh! you are just twisting what I said again... I get it now! you think that my reply to bapu or whatever was some kind of cowardly act to defend myself from some other random post... so yea, that would be a no... I was just pointing out another way to expand ones mind into new artistic areas and be able to help more people... maybe bapu could explain for himself?  

Dood, I don't think you even comprehend what YOU are saying half the time. Maybe you shouldn't hurt your brain trying too hard figure out complex things like the words of semi lucid individuals.

So I RELUCTANTLY gave your "Molly" track a listen (I thought "Hey... maybe this guy IS a musical/production genius who just has personality issues which is not unheard of).

It wasn't COMPLETELY without merit but I seriously do not think you have the skill or talent at this point to crap all over the CHC tunes as if you are some kind of authority.

To me it was run of the mill stoner rock that went out of style 20+ years ago with trite, predictable and borderline misogynistic lyrics.

The production values are non existent. It sounds like a really poorly produced basement demo from guys who rented a 4 track cassette unit for a weekend and had no idea about mic placement or rudimentary EQing/FX. Tons of noise and frequency masking, bad levels, saturated with bad reverb, etc.

Your singing is more akin to "talking" in a raspy voice and attempting to occasionally change pitch but missing the tone/beat when you do.

Your guitar playing is sloppy/lazy and reminiscent of bad Kurt Cobain jam out solos. You do not move away from what I can only assume you think is the "coolest scale EVAR". There is no attempt at proper phrasing or moving with the harmony or even mixing things up a bit to create "movement". The rhythm guits and bass are completely washed out by this attempt at a lead track and the poor EQ/mic'ing job. There are missed/bad notes all over the place.

The drums are also completely washed out with absolutely no punch or attack suggesting a lack of understanding about compression techniques and AGAIN poor EQing/mic'ing.

Some of the CHC tracks aren't "PERFECT" but working with my ole pal Baps over the years I know that is NOT his main goal. He simply enjoys doing it... as does everyone else involved.

HOWEVER he, nor anyone involved in the CHC, run around claiming arrogant musical/production superiority and DEFINITELY do not go around insulting/slamming other people's work.

My point is that if "Molly" is your idea of some kind of creative masterpiece that gives you license to slag the CHC (or anyone else's tracks) then you truly are delusional. The mixes, originality and performances in the CHC stuff is much higher quality than that slapped together pile of mush.

Normally I would NEVER be that brutal in regards to someone's music. I would offer advice and suggestions to get the artist closer to where they want to be because we ALL start somewhere (I have been involved in basement recordings similar to your tune back when I was a teenager).

Since you decided that because you made ONE post of ONE song and convinced yourself that that makes you an authority who can bash much more talented and experienced artists in a normally polite and respectful community (that I happen to care a GREAT deal about) well... you get the brutally honest version.

So might I suggest you "raze" YOUR bar at least a LITTLE bit before you start running around acting like Bob freaking Rock.

mmmmkay?

And now I've wasted enough time exposing you for the troll/fraud/nuisance you truly are.

I told you I would be watching.
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/25 14:16:43 (permalink)
(IBTL!)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
bapu
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/26 15:57:22 (permalink)
Frugaard
Thanks for sharing this guys! Really catchy song! The vocals sounds great, and I love the guitar!

May I ask what you used tracking the guitar?

-Øyvind

Thanks Øyvind.
arlen2133
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 601
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/26 17:52:29 (permalink)
Great job guys.. I hit the like button.

Arlen
aka
Mr Grant
my music

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum (2017.09) & X3e , Windows 7 64 bit, Intel I5 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gbs RAM, Saffire Pro40, various pres and VSTi's.

daryl1968
  • Total Posts : 10984
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/26 17:53:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Beepster 2016/08/26 18:16:34
Beepster
Dave000

Dood, I don't think you even comprehend what YOU are saying half the time. Maybe you shouldn't hurt your brain trying too hard figure out complex things like the words of semi lucid individuals.

So I RELUCTANTLY gave your "Molly" track a listen (I thought "Hey... maybe this guy IS a musical/production genius who just has personality issues which is not unheard of).

It wasn't COMPLETELY without merit but I seriously do not think you have the skill or talent at this point to crap all over the CHC tunes as if you are some kind of authority.

To me it was run of the mill stoner rock that went out of style 20+ years ago with trite, predictable and borderline misogynistic lyrics.

The production values are non existent. It sounds like a really poorly produced basement demo from guys who rented a 4 track cassette unit for a weekend and had no idea about mic placement or rudimentary EQing/FX. Tons of noise and frequency masking, bad levels, saturated with bad reverb, etc.

Your singing is more akin to "talking" in a raspy voice and attempting to occasionally change pitch but missing the tone/beat when you do.

Your guitar playing is sloppy/lazy and reminiscent of bad Kurt Cobain jam out solos. You do not move away from what I can only assume you think is the "coolest scale EVAR". There is no attempt at proper phrasing or moving with the harmony or even mixing things up a bit to create "movement". The rhythm guits and bass are completely washed out by this attempt at a lead track and the poor EQ/mic'ing job. There are missed/bad notes all over the place.

The drums are also completely washed out with absolutely no punch or attack suggesting a lack of understanding about compression techniques and AGAIN poor EQing/mic'ing.

Some of the CHC tracks aren't "PERFECT" but working with my ole pal Baps over the years I know that is NOT his main goal. He simply enjoys doing it... as does everyone else involved.

HOWEVER he, nor anyone involved in the CHC, run around claiming arrogant musical/production superiority and DEFINITELY do not go around insulting/slamming other people's work.

My point is that if "Molly" is your idea of some kind of creative masterpiece that gives you license to slag the CHC (or anyone else's tracks) then you truly are delusional. The mixes, originality and performances in the CHC stuff is much higher quality than that slapped together pile of mush.

Normally I would NEVER be that brutal in regards to someone's music. I would offer advice and suggestions to get the artist closer to where they want to be because we ALL start somewhere (I have been involved in basement recordings similar to your tune back when I was a teenager).

Since you decided that because you made ONE post of ONE song and convinced yourself that that makes you an authority who can bash much more talented and experienced artists in a normally polite and respectful community (that I happen to care a GREAT deal about) well... you get the brutally honest version.

So might I suggest you "raze" YOUR bar at least a LITTLE bit before you start running around acting like Bob freaking Rock.

mmmmkay?

And now I've wasted enough time exposing you for the troll/fraud/nuisance you truly are.

I told you I would be watching.

So, did you like it or not?

I like monkeys
Frugaard
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/28 14:10:30 (permalink)
Beepster
Frugaard
Thanks for sharing this guys! Really catchy song! The vocals sounds great, and I love the guitar!

May I ask what you used tracking the guitar?

-Øyvind

Most of the guits were programmed by Bapu using some fancy sampler thingie.

I did the intro and the solo (and one other part? I forget it's been a while).

For those I just went line in to my Focusrite 18i6 multi input set to the Inst setting (IIRC). I think I used TH2 for this one with one of my custom made presets. I'd have to look at the project again but I generally use the weird custom/licensed boutique amps in TH2 (Brunetti and/or maybe the TLW head(s)). I am almost certain I used the "Taxi Drive" distortion pedal before the amp models.

My guitar is a modified Yamaha Pacifica with a "Hot Strat" pickup config (Seymour Duncan's). I either used the bridge humbucker or mixed it with the middle single coil (or possibly use the button style push pots to turn the humbucker into a single coil but I don't think so).

Cheers.

PS: I wasn't very happy with the tone I got for the intro but the actual solo came out pretty nicely. I of course had to make sure it fit in with the guit parts Bapu had setup.

I can understand that it`s hard to keep track of all the details. I like the sound of those guitars. Maybe I should check out TH3... Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question :D And again, great job on this one, all of you!

-Øyvind
tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/28 22:56:26 (permalink)
Fun, catchy song guys. Made me smile:)

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
Beepster
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/29 12:21:01 (permalink)
Frugaard
I can understand that it`s hard to keep track of all the details. I like the sound of those guitars. Maybe I should check out TH3... Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question :D And again, great job on this one, all of you!

-Øyvind

I'm a little obsessed with writing basslines at the moment but when I think of it (remind me iffen you want) and I can dig up the project to see exactly what I used. I could even export a preset (but you'd need at least the full version of TH2... the preset should work in the full version of TH3 as well).

IDK... there is a TON I like about TH2. I find I reach for it more for cleanish/natural amp overdriven sounds which those obscure licensed model heads provide (the Randall stuff is quite nice too). I am however using GR5 again more and more for my "screecher" stuff.

I actually like the tone I got on the more recent CHC track I participated in "Our Goodbyes". I actually played through the entire song with that one but tried a crazy experiment with mix and matching guit sims using Aux Tracks and sends.

I wrote up a thorough description of it in the thread but basically I fed the original dry track (and muted the main output) then sent the dry signal to two aux tracks. One had GR5 and the other TH2. It was just an initial experiment but it worked out so nicely I'm definitely going to keep messing with the idea to REALLY dial things in how I like.

Cheeers!

tenfoot
Fun, catchy song guys. Made me smile:)

Me too.
:-)
bapu
Re: Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune) 2016/08/29 12:27:43 (permalink)
Thanks for listen Bruce. Glad you liked it.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1