PLEASE FIX ACT or ADD CONTROL SURFACE INTERFACE

Author
FettsVett
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 83
2016/09/03 16:10:29 (permalink)
5 (2)

PLEASE FIX ACT or ADD CONTROL SURFACE INTERFACE

ACT is not user friendly whatsoever. I am easily able to get Dashboard/Surface Controller in FLStudio to do exactly what I want, but ACT is stubborn. And no offense to Alexey, but I can't understand what exactly is going on in AZController to be able to use it even after reading his instructions and following along. Basically, I want to control several parameters simultaneously within the same synth program with one rotary encoder, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Please, I'm begging you Cakewalk, PLEASE make a user friendly Control Surface interface. 

With much respect, 

Casey
post edited by FettsVett - 2016/09/03 17:43:24

4 Replies Related Threads

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: PLEASE FIX ACT or ADD CONTROL SURFACE INTERFACE 2016/09/03 20:04:51 (permalink)
    -1 (1)
    Not sure what you mean by "fix ACT", I mean for fixing something there must be a bug. ACT has several, but for many of them there are reasonable workarounds.

Cakewalk has "Control Surface Interfaces". In is in C++. Some have it in JavaScript, some in Python. It is hard to guess what exactly you want with "add".

Controlling several synth parameters is sometimes implemented inside Synth in questions. If parameters are automatable, it is possible to group control them in Sonar. If parameters are (can be) steered by MIDI, MFX can  do the trick.

So it looks like you request implement better (simpler to setup and/or more sophisticated) parameters grouping. With that I agree, that part can be improved. But the title is somehow unrelated...

Note that in this forum it was mentioned several times that different products are better for different purpose. "Universal" music program, which is the best for any music tasks is not yet written. Also as soon as you implement more features, the program is unavoidably become more complex and harder to learn. The effect you have just hit yourself, comparing "ACT MIDI plug-in" with AZ Controller

Last note: grouping in Sonar work fine with ACT as well as with "Remote control", the later is may be simpler to start with (but select unused CC for the control, Sonar does not not block assigned remote control MIDI messages and that can clash with direct reaction on that messages).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    FettsVett
    Re: PLEASE FIX ACT or ADD CONTROL SURFACE INTERFACE 2016/09/03 20:24:19 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    With all due respect, you admitted ACT has bugs. That necessitates it being fixed. For what we pay for Sonar, we shouldn't have to resort to third party workarounds. Thanks for the other suggestions to make this work, though.
    post edited by FettsVett - 2016/09/03 20:48:48
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: PLEASE FIX ACT or ADD CONTROL SURFACE INTERFACE 2016/09/04 04:46:05 (permalink)
    -1 (1)
    FettsVett
    With all due respect, you admitted ACT has bugs. That necessitates it being fixed.

ANY program has bugs

For what we pay for Sonar, we shouldn't have to resort to third party workarounds.

Workarounds for ACT are in general does not require any third party tools. One of my tools just make workaround process simper, not more then that.

Also if you want a program with Sonar complexity but virtually "bug less" (I have not heard about such developments for Music, but there are for Medicine, Atom stations, etc), I doubt more than several artists in the world have money to pay for a license...

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    FettsVett
    Re: PLEASE FIX ACT or ADD CONTROL SURFACE INTERFACE 2016/09/05 13:23:09 (permalink)
    AZSlow, I want to thank you again for your advice in using Remote Control. The problem with Synth Rack and Remote Control was...that it's not immediately obvious how you need to open Synth Rack. You have to open the Browser under the View drop down. In short, Sonar can do what I was asking but there was not a very clear or obvious way to get to Remote Control. Thanks, man!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1