Basic Feature Requests: Step Sequencer View

Author
bladetragic
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 503
2016/09/07 13:33:37 (permalink)
5 (1)

Basic Feature Requests: Step Sequencer View

I think step sequencer desperately needs the ability to zoom in/out to fit longer patterns on the screen without having to scroll.  After doing a search it seems that quite a few users would like to see this functionality as well.  It seems like it would be a pretty simple function to implement and would make the step sequencer so much easier to work with. 

It would also be handy if the indicator/marker in the step sequencer let you know where the "Now Marker" is positioned in relation to the project even when playback is not active. For example, if I move the now marker to measure 2, beat 3 in the project, and there is an active step sequencer pattern in that region, the step sequencer should also show me that I am positioned at measure 2, beat 3. As it is now, the current indicator only moves when playback is going, which can be hard to follow along with when you start to get into more complex, longer patterns with very small note divisions (i.e. 1/32, 1/64, etc).

Just a few things I noticed while trying to use it recently for some drum parts. The step sequencer is a tool that has so much potential and could really be great with just a bit of fine tuning imo.

1 Reply Related Threads

nazaru
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 123
    Re: Basic Feature Requests: Step Sequencer View 2016/09/09 09:18:47 (permalink)
    YES.    YES.     YES.     I have wanted this feature for a long long time.  I want to at least be able to do 8 bar drum patterns one ONE screen with 16th or preferably 32 note high hat notes.  Also would love to see drag and drop drum samples like DR008 used to have.  That would make this a WONDERFUL tool.  Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean (Nazaru) McCray
    www.thelegionofboomINC.com
    Sonar Platinum, Reason 8.2, Reactor 5, Pro Tools 12, 

Intel Q6600 @2.9 GHz, 8 Gig Ram, Windows 10 64 
    Dual 23 " Acer monitors
    MCU with 3 XT, Mackie C4 
    Rode K2, NT1000, Envoice Mindprint, Focusrite ISA One,
    UAD-2 Octo, Antelope Audio Orion Studio
    Maudio B8 Monitors
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1