Feature Request - Sonar Support for NI Komplete Kontrol MIDI Controllers and NKS

Author
TigerTheFrog
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2016/09/18 13:06:08 (permalink)
5 (1)

Feature Request - Sonar Support for NI Komplete Kontrol MIDI Controllers and NKS

On Thursday, NI came out with an update for this popular series of controllers.  It mainly provides improved integration with Cubase Pro/Artist 8.5 and Nuendo 7.  They now work with these Steinberg DAWs as well as  Ableton Live, Logic X and Garageband.  

Supposedly, Sonar can be set up so that the Komplete Kontrol can run the transport.   But if you spend a lot of time looking online you will find out that people aren't having much luck making that happen. One thing i can verify after much effort is that it doesn't work when you follow NI's instructions to use Mackie.

Does anybody have advice for me about how to make the Loop/Rwd/FFW/PLAY/REC/STOP buttons work in Sonar?

Perhaps when Cakewalk has the feature set up for desired features that we can vote on, we can find out how many people own these things, and would like to get that functionality.  

My fantasy for someday--I know this is a lot to ask--would be for full NKS support on Dimension Pro, Rapture Pro, and Z3TA+2.   This would make them all more desirable purchases for people who don't own Sonar.  Maybe you could start with DP, as all Sonar owners have it, and gradually add the support.  

Companies like Arturia, Output, waldorf, Sugarbytes,  u-he, vir2, and AAS support NKS.   I do tend to favor buying VSTs that have it.  It's a no-brainer if I am choosing between two similar products. 
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-s-series/nks/
Here's the full list of companies offering software that supports the standard: 
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-s-series/nks/nks-partners/

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1