Individual Track Effect Undo function needed - Global undo erases other edits too

Author
kday
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 206
2016/10/13 09:42:19 (permalink)
5 (1)

Individual Track Effect Undo function needed - Global undo erases other edits too

There needs to be an undo function separately for the effect applied to a track, aside from the global undo that may not work correctly because of other edits being made afterwards.

When you apply an effect to a track, there is no way to undo it if you close out the effect module, unless you re-open that same exact module again. But what if you lost or forgot which module effect was applied? It seems like you wouldn't be able to undo that particular effect, unless you use the global undo or delete the whole track?. Global undo may erase important edits first, which you may not want to undo just to erase a previous effect lost from deleting the effect module and can no longer remember which effect you applied.

This is where an "undo track effect" track function would work, if a user deletes the module or forgot which effect was applied, the user can just select the track and it would list all the effects applied to that particular track and give an option to delete individual effects without having to go to the global undo function just to undo an applied effect on that particular track.

Is there a function that allows users to undo an applied track effect aside from the global undo function, or the module on/off switch itself?

If not, I think this feature would be useful for those of us who test out new effects to tracks and needs a simpler way to undo track effects without having to go to the global undo function that may not undo without undo-ing many other edits before getting to the track effect.

I add a lot of effects to a track, sometimes I lose which modules did what, and sometimes some are accidentally erased. I can't go looking thru hundreds of effects trying to track down which one destroyed my track. I need a simple track effect undo function w/o having to go to the global undo that erases other stuff too.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1