Helpful ReplyNumber of FX limited?

Author
schnibbelkram
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 65
2016/10/18 10:08:58 (permalink)

Number of FX limited?

Hey Guys,
when i want to insert an effect in my resent project, Music creator (and also in Sonar X3 LE) say ( i try my best to translate it to english) : "Limit of FX reached. Please remove an FX first."
Is there really a limit of FX i can use within Music creator (and also Sonar X3 LE)? This would be pretty bad for my resent work...
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/18 10:15:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2016/10/18 13:43:10
Yes, MC7 has several limits including a maximum 24 FX, see http://www.cakewalk.com/D...p;help=Comparison.html
schnibbelkram
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/18 10:27:57 (permalink)
And the Sonar X3 LE Version (came with "Beat" magazine) ?
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/18 10:35:11 (permalink)
The only information I have about SONAR LE is here https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR-LE. I have never worked with any version of SONAR LE. Full versions of SONAR shown in the link in msg #2 are limited only by the capabilities of the PC.
schnibbelkram
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/18 10:51:49 (permalink)
Alright...thx for the qick response scook. i almost forgot that there are vst`s wich take care of this problem, so not a problem at all. But i would sugesst to the guys from cakewalk to remove this limit for music creator wich in my opinion should be seen as an entry level DAW or as an affordable DAW for people , who can live without all the fancy features (but not without the todays standart basic features of a DAW - like unlimited FX), and not as a better Demo for Sonar that you have to upgrade to sooner or later. Just my two cents...
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/18 17:40:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2016/10/18 20:46:25
If you reach the limit, you can Process>Apply Effects which will permanently render the effect to the track, allowing you to remove the effect and add another. You may want to make an uneffected copy of the track first if you later decide that the effect is not right; you can do it again from the copy.
Or, put the effect in a bus and send many tracks to it, utilizing just 1 effect. And using Sends in the tracks, you can have different levels of the same effect in the different tracks.
The limit has been in Music Creator since it's inception and is plainly spelled out in the literature, but there are ways to work around it.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Andreas Haswell
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/20 04:57:35 (permalink)
Here is another small workaround:
Add fx-chain preset "Channel Strip" into insert. At the bottom of the fx-chain you will see three parts of it (Compressor, EQ and Reverb). Right click them and delete or just replace with any vst-effect you want to. There is no limit within the fx-chain so you can add as many vst-effects you want to. Little drawback: you can't save own fx-chain-presets.
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/22 09:22:09 (permalink)
Since the LE versions are limited versions anyway, it only makes sense that they are limited in the number of FX that can be in a given project.

Cakewalk has increased the number of FX in the MC line. If I remember correctly, it used to be 8 total. That was increased to 24 in MC7.   However, if you want more than that, simply get one of the Sonar versions and you are limited only by the power of your DAW's processor to run all those plugs in real time.

Or.... as has been suggested.... use a sub buss for the FX or use the AUDIO>PROCESS FX function.  

Even though I have Sonar, and can run quite a few plugs, I tend to use a very limited number and also tend to put them into the sub busses.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
BASSJOKER
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 247
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/10/24 20:45:55 (permalink)
Thanks for this thread....learn something everyday around here  ;o)

-Steve

MC7, Lexicon Alpha, Win10,Toshiba,Sat L955,Intel I5 1.7G, 6G Ram, 64 Bit,  Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Marshall, Vox, Ashdown

malaker
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/11/01 22:14:50 (permalink)
You might be able to use something like Samplitube, where you can use multiple effects inside Samplitube and it only counts as one effect....I think :)
schnibbelkram
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/11/07 17:45:19 (permalink)
Thx guys for the discussion, this forum is really fun and probably the best one i`ve ever visited , with a bunch of very nice people. I`m  working on an Audio Drama, wich needs quite a few FX. Individual de-noise, de-ess, EQ and compression for each charakter (up to 8 people) , plus different sound fx ....
As i mentioned earlyer, there is an old VST that takes care of this problem for me :
https://www.kvraudio.com/.oduct/multifxvst-by-ctaf
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/11/08 03:39:19 (permalink)
I just want to mention (no offense!) that with "workarounds" you are moving into the "gray" area. Limitations in MC/LE are not technical nor historical. They are ON PURPOSE. These are cheap restrictive versions made from full Sonar by applying these restrictions to make it cheap... That is not the same as the difference between Sonar Artist and Platinum, where there are less plug-ins but it is perfectly ok to use any other. It is more like tricking the system time to make 30 days demos work forever...

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
jimfogle
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/11/08 13:48:31 (permalink)
azslow3
... (snip) Limitations in MC/LE are not technical nor historical. They are ON PURPOSE. These are cheap restrictive versions made from full Sonar by applying these restrictions to make it cheap... That is not the same as the difference between Sonar Artist and Platinum, where there are less plug-ins but it is perfectly ok to use any other. (snip) ...

Azslow3,
Music Creator is not a demo product.  Cakewalk has repeatedly stated that Music Creator is a consumer, not professional, product.  That's why Music Creator is supported by email and the forum instead of the email, forum and more expensive phone support available to Sonar. Because there is a lower level of support, the product price can be lower.  I also disagree with your statement about why Music Creator has a limited feature set. The limitations meet the feature set of comparable consumer DAWs such as Magix Studio and Acid Express.

Jim F
Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
Music Creator 6
Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

azslow3
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/11/08 16:02:18 (permalink)
jimfogle
azslow3
... (snip) Limitations in MC/LE are not technical nor historical. They are ON PURPOSE. These are cheap restrictive versions made from full Sonar by applying these restrictions to make it cheap... That is not the same as the difference between Sonar Artist and Platinum, where there are less plug-ins but it is perfectly ok to use any other. (snip) ...

Azslow3,
Music Creator is not a demo product.

I have not written that MC is demo. I have written that using more that 24 FXes simultaneously in MC (by using "help plug-ins", hacking MC binary code, etc..) is like "making" some OTHER program 30-days demo to work permanently. And that is not the same as using the same plug-ins and/or making mods for Sonar.

Cakewalk has repeatedly stated that Music Creator is a consumer, not professional, product.  That's why Music Creator is supported by email and the forum instead of the email, forum and more expensive phone support available to Sonar. Because there is a lower level of support, the product price can be lower.  I also disagree with your statement about why Music Creator has a limited feature set. The limitations meet the feature set of comparable consumer DAWs such as Magix Studio and Acid Express.

"(Where is?) Phone support for Sonar" threads you can find everywhere on this forum... Sonar Artist is more expensive because it has no limitations and several extra tools. "Hi end" versions include more functionality and plug-ins.

All companies produce "light" versions, artificially limiting basic functionality. In that respect MC matches other LE versions. The schema is: (a) "basic" version (Sonar Artist) (b) "limited" compare to the basic version (MC) (c) "advanced" compare to the basic version, with (almost) all possible functionality (Sonar Pro) (d) "advanced" version with extra plug-ins included (Sonar Plat).

If you add (buy) all extra plug-ins, you can make Platinum from Professional (except 2 Platinum "special" tools which are impossible to buy). And that is ok. But if you are using "workarounds" to make Artist from MC, that is a gray area. That was the only my point. I repeat, I am not accusing anyone, that was not my intention.

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
azslow3
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/11/08 16:27:43 (permalink)
I want to add that I have bought Producer as a supper product for BEGINNERS. "Real professionals" have a big set of top end instruments/effects, which are more expensive then Sonar. For me, Producer was the way to get a lot of GOOD tools extremely CHEAP. I went the root Sonar 8.5 LE (free with Roland keyboard) -> X1 Pro -> X2 -> X3 -> Plat, collecting plug-ins, sound packs and huge discounts for 3d party products. I do not think I could collect even half of that using "consumer" version, even with double in price investment into these staff directly. Ignoring the rest, just Melodyne Studio + AD (with packs) could be more expensive "alone" then my investments into CW top bundles + corresponding "upgrades".

And while "good old times" seems like over, I guess jumping the train today still can be a good choice.

jimfogle
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Number of FX limited? 2016/11/09 14:54:25 (permalink)
Azslow3,

I understood your post to imply Music Creator IS demo software and that is my mistake.  I apologize for the error.

I do not own a qualifying product (Sonar) so I can not state with certainty if telephone support is available or not.  I've read complaint threads about the decline of telephone support but my understanding is telephone support is still SUPPOSED to be available for Sonar products; however, telephone support has changed in that it is scheduled versus first come first served.

Yes it seems all three editions of Sonar delivers the same DAW software program.  The difference between the editions appears to be how much accessory content is provided.

Again, I apologize for misreading your post.

Jim F
Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
Music Creator 6
Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1