Arpeggiator/Chord Bank

Author
ricoskyl
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 327
2016/10/20 18:33:09 (permalink)
5 (2)

Arpeggiator/Chord Bank

I know the idea of an arpeggiator is to break a chord into a series notes and you can use a pattern triggered by a base note to play notes with predetermined intervals (pitch and timing) , but how hard would it be to turn that into a MIDI chord machine.   

Say I call up a Maj9 pattern; when I play a C# it goes through the arpeggiator and outputs a C#Maj9.   It would be a simple matter to build a set of patterns that define specific chords/voicings.  If the arpeggiator's interval/rate parameter could be set to 0 and adjusted in mSecs, the current interface could play all the notes of the pattern simultaneously and--voila!--making chords.  Increasing the rate by some number of mSecs would create strums. 

I know there are 3rd party products--e.g. Cthulhu and MidiChords--that integrate chords with either strumming or chord generation, but wouldn't it be convenient if it was merely a matter of choosing settings in the existing MIDI Track Inspector?

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch

1 Reply Related Threads

BobF
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Arpeggiator/Chord Bank 2016/10/20 22:01:34 (permalink)
    I just happened to stumble upon BlueARP at http://graywolf2004.net/wp/

Seems cool in the first 5 minutes

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1