AnsweredSOLVED: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;"

Author
Treefight
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 868
2016/11/22 21:38:19 (permalink)

SOLVED: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;"

[SEE BELOW, OR, IN SHORT, SOLVED BY IGNORING THE ERROR BY CLICKING OK, AND CONTINUING WITH INSTALL]

Has anyone encountered such an error when installing RP?  I've got a W10 clean install, on to which SPLAT itself installed fine, but I get a Windows pop-up with that error when I try to install RP from CCC.

Worse, the W10 reset was forced upon be because of the identical error.  It was a last resort.  My second to last resort had been a clean install, per Cake: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013372/Clean-Install-All-Cakewalk-Software but that did not stop the error.  Oh, and that was after at least six weeks of SPLAT crashes, freezes, a new vid card, bios flash, drivers, and friends who were also MS pros spending entire days troubleshooting without success...

BTW, the bakers might want to add to their instructions that SPLAT cannot be uninstalled by Windows, but only through CCC, a fact Cake neglects to mention in the above instructions, so CCC has to be uninstalled LAST, to allow it to first uninstall SPLAT.  So I had to go back and reinstall CCC to uninstall SPLAT (since the instructions said to use Windows uninstallers).

But I digress.  At this point, all I can think of is machine error (though I've used every diagnostic tool thinkable, as well as re-setting hardware), and I don't want to go down another rabbit hole at this point, but I figured I'd check to see if this rang a bell with anyone. 

If it doesn't, I'm done. Metaphorically and literally. My wife's on the verge of leaving me, my kids think I live in the basement, and I'm out many dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars.  I've been doing this for many, many years - Windows and Sonar - so please don't scoff: it can happen to you.

But I digress again.  If you have seen this error (other than in a general, Googly sort of manner), I certainly could use help.

If not, I leap...

Thanks, and sorry for the rant - if that's what it is, though I think I've "earned" it.
post edited by Treefight - 2016/11/23 12:22:33

Stuff.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;" 2016/11/22 21:44:30 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Treefight 2016/11/22 21:45:07
I did some time ago with Win7 but I continued with the installation. RPro installed OK.
Treefight
Re: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;" 2016/11/22 21:44:51 (permalink)
Oh, I should definitely mention that it wasn't just Sonar crashing - there were plenty of BSODs as well, so many that I stopped keeping track of the messages and codes, looking at the event logs, all that.

Thing is, although I use this only as my SPLAT machine (and always have), and only run bare bones programs otherwise - Internet Explorer, third-party synths and drivers and such, all music-related, i.e., no Outlook or anything like that - the BSODs ONLY happened when opening or running SPLAT projects.

So there's that.

Stuff.
Treefight
Re: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;" 2016/11/22 21:47:07 (permalink)
Thanks scook - I did try that with the pre-Windows reset and it didn't work, but I haven't yet with the new W10 install.  Was going to now, but I'm beat...

Definitely worth a shot, and DEFINITELY good to hear that it has worked for someone, even with the error.

Thanks again.

Stuff.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;" 2016/11/22 21:48:23 (permalink)
If you are getting BSODs you probably have other hardware and/or driver issues.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;" 2016/11/22 21:51:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Treefight 2016/11/23 12:23:29
Here is the first post I recall about the out of resources message http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3213512 but again if you are still getting BSODs there is likely omething wrong with the hardware or drivers.

Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;" 2016/11/22 22:01:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Treefight 2016/11/23 12:23:33
I too have gotten the out of resources error but just kept going and everything installed correctly.

scook is right (as usual), BSOD almost always means a hardware issue. It's likely that the particular hardware issue is the source of your problems. If it truly is hardware, no amount of new drivers, installs, uninstalls, etc. will help.

I had issues once with the fabled "it just works" Mac where I would get unusual errors, crashes, etc. It seemed related to OS updates because often the updates wouldn't complete. Long story short, it was a bad RAM stick.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Treefight
Re: Rapture Pro Install Error: "Out of System Resources;" 2016/11/23 12:19:34 (permalink)
Ok, thanks so much everyone.  It appears to have worked.

I had neglected to mention that I actually had done that after the post W10 reset, and after the install process looked to have completed, CCC gave me a message in the orange footer saying RP had failed to installed correctly (and "click here to continue...").

No matter, for whatever reason, it works today.

I guess just asking my friends on the forum did the trick through some sort of baker magic.

Thanks again!

Stuff.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1