Silent Buses Detected

Author
robert1942
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2016/11/30 14:09:53 (permalink)

Silent Buses Detected

I am new to Music creator 7.  I upgraded from Creator 3.  I am trying to listen to the tracks through headphones.  I have disconnected my speakers.  when I load a song, I get the message "Silent Buses Detected" because it doesn't see the speakers.  I cannot find where to change the output for the tracks.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Related Threads

gcolbert
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1176
    Re: Silent Buses Detected 2016/11/30 19:16:11 (permalink)
    In EDIT->preferences->Devices the check boxes select the audio devices that are available.  These are determined when MC starts up, so if your interface is unplugged when you start MC it will probably not show up here.  On my laptop, I have an option for headphones and another for the laptop speakers. 

You should be sending the audio output from your tracks to a master bus (but being new you may not have figured that out yet).  The output of your master bus then has its output sent to the headphones or the speakers.  This is selected from the output drop-down box near the bottom of the master bus when displayed in the inspector view.

If your tracks are individually set to your output device, then each of them will need to be changed from headphones to speakers or what ever is appropriate here.

Platinum / VS-100 / 12 GB RAM / Win 10 Pro / AMD A8 / MP Touch Monitors
    Platinum / on-board audio / 4 GB RAM /Win 10 Pro / HP dm4 Laptop / stuff
    THpfft!
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Silent Buses Detected 2016/11/30 21:23:57 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    If you're using the computer sound card, you need to enable the headphone output in the sound card's properties. It should then appear in MC's list of available outs to use.
    Or are you using an external audio interface?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1