Helpful ReplyHow to update credit card info?

Author
skinnybones lampshade
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 530
2016/05/05 18:31:58 (permalink)

How to update credit card info?

As of today, I have a new credit card, so I've been busy changing my credit card information with the various accounts, like Amazon, Apple, etc., that I make purchases with.

I know I must be missing something obvious, but I can't see how to update that information for my Cakewalk account.

I don't want to overlook the fact that I've changed my credit card when I try to purchase something next time, or when my subscription comes due. I'd just rather change it now, while I'm thinking of it.

Thank you,
LJ
Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/07 17:38:11 (permalink)
Same here!!

I have been doing searches to figure out how to add a new credit card for Cakewalk . 

If anyone is awareof how this is done, please explain because it is not easy to find on the cakewalk site.

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/08 12:55:09 (permalink)
Cakewalk does not store credit card information. Cleverbridge may be able to help you. They actually run the store.
Jesse G
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/08 18:17:57 (permalink)
I called Cleverbridge and they reported the only way I can change my credit card with them is by having a monthly payment option with them.  When I make a purchase, I add the entire price to my credit card, so there is no monthly payment option for them to edit for me.

This goes back to Cakewalk to make something available on their site for users to be able to log into to make the necessary changes.

Bummer!!!

Peace,

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/09 10:35:19 (permalink)
I changed mine yesterday after adding  Craig's tips to the cart and then proceeding to check out.  At that point I was able to change my info. 

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
Jesse G
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/09 19:13:05 (permalink)
FCCfirstclass
I changed mine yesterday after adding  Craig's tips to the cart and then proceeding to check out.  At that point I was able to change my info. 

Yes, the credit card information can be changed ONLY if a purchase is made, but if you put an item in the shopping cart and edit the credit card information and then don't check out, the change reverts back to the previously saved credit card information.  YOU HAVE TO MAKE A PURCHASE.

At this moment, there is nothing I want to buy from Cakewalk, I just want to change my credit card information.

Cakewalk blames Cleverbridge and Cleverbridge blames Cakewalk and neither is taking responsibility for the purchases made to the website and the credit card information that appears on the website..   

Below is a rather silly response I receive from Cakewalk Support stating that credit card information is not stored on their website for the users account.  I guess neither of them have made a purchase from the Cakewalk site with a credit card before..

Thank you for contacting Cakewalk Support.

"I apologize for the trouble you've been experiencing. I would like to clarify that Cakewalk does not store your credit card information so there is no way for us to assist directly. In fact Cakewalk does not handle any of the billing on the Cakewalk Store. This is all operated and managed by Cleverbridge so they are typically the best people to assist with any billing or payment questions.

What you may be seeing is that your web browser may be storing your credit card information. Have you tried clearing all of your cookies and cache from your web browser? You may need to do this so it stops auto-filling your old credit card information when you visit the Cakewalk Store (and other websites). I would recommend deleting all of your browser history, cookies and cache if it still happening.?

Best regards,

Sarah
Product Support
Cakewalk, Inc.
http://www.cakewalk.com | http://www.cakewalk.com/support

Dumb reply from support, just dumb.

At least I was able to get though to Cleverbridge on the phone and talk to them, I can't get though to Cakewalk support over the phone at all.  I just keep getting a busy signal.

Peace,

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/10 09:16:30 (permalink)
The Cakewalk store is maintained by Cleverbridge. Scroll to the footer of the store, it even tells you that.
 © cleverbridge, Inc. 2016
This order process is conducted by our online reseller cleverbridge, Inc. Payment processing and order fulfillment are done by cleverbridge, Inc., 350 N Clark, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60654, United States.
If any at Cakewalk is trying to pass the buck on this topic, it's because they should be.

We try to focus on making music software and training our reps to support that software, versus spending all of our time creating online shopping carts and having staff stress out about PCI compliance and things of that nature. Cleverbridge is our partner in all of this because that's what they're the experts in. Supporting SONAR is enough of a task for us :). 

Cookies and other objects are used to identify who you are on repeat visits. This is also explained in their privacy policy. The problem we can't help you with is that once the store identifies who you are, they have the logic on their end that pulls your recent credit card information. Despite the illusion, the data is not coming from Cakewalk which is why we have no way to address it.

Anyone telling you to contact Cleverbridge on this topic is doing so correctly.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/10 11:06:53 (permalink)
misread

just a sec

Jesse G
Re: How to update credit card info? 2016/12/10 11:59:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2016/12/10 12:20:29
Not to be annoying Ryan Munnis,  but if Cakewalk is pointing the blame at Cleverbridge and Cleverbridge is pointing the blame at Cakewalk, wouldn't you think the two companies would come together and discuss how to assist the customers in this matter.  I for one am not the only person who may desire to change their credit card information on the Cakewalk/Cleverbridge website.

As you can see, this thread started May of 2016 and in doing an Internet search on how to change my credit card information on the cakewalk site, it lead me to a posting which had never been answered.

Someone has to know the answer, either Cakewalk or Cleverbridge.  Either way, it's both companies responsibility to find out the answer and inform their customers !!   Not one company said, I not sure, but let me find out and contact you with an answer.

Those were the days of customer service.

Peace,

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1