touch screen monitors

Author
filtersweep
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 194
2016/12/10 12:41:19 (permalink)

touch screen monitors

I am thinking of replacing one of my monitors w a touch screen. I will try it w Sonar but my main incentive is to be able to turn pages in sheet music without the bluetooth air turn pedal that I use now because I find to be an exercise in frustration (it tends to either not turn the page or turn several pages at once, plus it requires way too much force to activate and the forward and back sensors are so close together that they become hard to discriminate with your foot unless you keep your foot glued to the device). So, I am wondering what monitors (at least 23") that folks are using and if anyone is using one for a similar application. Tech support at Musicnotes says it "should" work. It certainly works well on my Samsung tablet but that is their Android app. It works w touch laptops w the Windows app so I am hoping it should work using a desktop with touch monitor. It seems there are relatively few touch monitors even available. Local MicroCenter stocks an Acer and Lenovo model, and I don't see much more than that available online either. 
Any suggestions, experiences or horror stories appreciated!

Brian

2 Replies Related Threads

filtersweep
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 194
    Re: touch screen monitors 2016/12/15 21:49:41 (permalink)
    Sorry to bump, but if anyone has thoughts on avail 22-24 touch screens, I would appreciate your input.
    gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: touch screen monitors 2016/12/15 22:00:08 (permalink)
    New egg sells good ones. I have a 23 inch I like. You can certainly use it to turn pages. You can save money if you don't care about multi point touch, but multi point is cool and supported by sonar.

https://www.google.com/se...s..0.1.138.uQJq0xV2QmE

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1