For anyone that has a Primera Bravo Disc Printer

Author
fireberd
Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3704
2016/12/28 06:26:04 (permalink)

For anyone that has a Primera Bravo Disc Printer

I have a "Phantom disc drive" listed in the Device Manager that is non existent.  Device Manager also shows a USB "Mass storage device".  I had it with an old PC and now with the new PC.  Also the "Safely Remove Hardware" function lists a "USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge" device.  I tried to find it but was never successful until I found a "USB Tree" utility that lists all the USB ports and what is on them.  After some "tinkering" I finally found it was coming from my Primera Bravo SE disc printer (it is the printing model only, no CD/DVD burner). I can uninstall it in the Device Manager but as soon as I reboot it comes back.   If I disconnect the USB interface cable for the Primera the Phantom drive goes away. 

I queried Primera support about it and they confirmed its because of the hardware "bridge" interface they use on their disc printers and the combination disc printer and disc burner model.
Here is the response from Primera support:
  As I figured, it is seeing the USB Mass Storage controller that is in every Bravo since we added the integrated bridge.  Normally the “USB Device” would not appear since there would be a drive attached to it.  You would see the drive instead.  Since there is not a drive it sees the controller and doesn’t quite no how to label it.  All that being said, it is normal for an autoprinter.

"GCSG Productions"
Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.

2 Replies Related Threads

fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: For anyone that has a Primera Bravo Disc Printer 2016/12/28 06:31:24 (permalink)
    Here is the link to the USB Tree Viewer.  Handy to have
    http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbtreeview_e.html

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    SuperG
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1371
    Re: For anyone that has a Primera Bravo Disc Printer 2017/01/06 21:49:55 (permalink)
    fireberd
    Here is the link to the USB Tree Viewer.  Handy to have
    http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbtreeview_e.html

Nice to know there's a utility for checking into USB devices. Thx.

laudem Deo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1