2017/01/23 13:46:48 (permalink)

I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan

Just looking through some Z3TA+2 presets:

"Green Man"
"Kitten Mittens"
"Rickety Cricket"

Busted!

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/23 18:30:44 (permalink)
James you has too much time on ur hands.
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/23 18:33:41 (permalink)
If there ain't no "Aluminum Monster" color me unimpressed.

jk... Sunny's histupularious.
Beepster
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/23 18:41:12 (permalink)
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/23 20:26:28 (permalink)
Beepster

Have you seen her in her new show, "Mick" or something? I watched a clip, looks ok but I think she's playing a very similar character to Sweet Dee. She plays a great drunk, as does Charlie Kelly - almost on the same level as WC Fields.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Beepster
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/23 20:34:04 (permalink)
Nope but I'll hunt it out.

Lurvs me some Sweet Dee.

Gonna have to check if there are any new Sunny's out. It's been a while.
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/23 22:37:26 (permalink)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/24 17:13:57 (permalink)
I've just watched the first two episodes.......does it get better or did I just waste some more of my life ?
Beepster
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/24 17:16:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Slugbaby 2017/03/02 14:33:33
paulo
I've just watched the first two episodes.......does it get better or did I just waste some more of my life ?

Yeah, it gets better. Once Devito steps in things get pretty ridiculous.
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/24 17:27:03 (permalink)
Beepster
paulo

Ok thanks, I'll skip to season 2 next time I feel like gambling then.......
sharke
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/24 19:56:04 (permalink)
Did you see the latest episode Beepster? They put hidden cameras in Mac and Charlie's moms house and added a laugh track to lighten the mood of their constant fighting. I'll give them this: they have some original ideas.

James
sharke
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/24 19:59:52 (permalink)
Beepster
paulo

I think DeVito is one of the funniest guys in the world and this is definitely the funniest character he's ever played. I love watching his slow descent into outright derangement as the seasons progress.

James
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/28 23:34:58 (permalink)
It's not fair that devito has to work harder just because he's short.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/28 23:38:04 (permalink)
eph221
It's not fair that devito has to work harder just because he's short.

I thought he and Arnold were twins, no?

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/01/28 23:50:28 (permalink)
I like to keep my thyme loose two

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

Bill Jackson [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 519
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/03/02 00:30:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Beepster 2017/03/02 18:29:36
Beepster

Be impressed.

Bill Jackson
Product Manager
Cakewalk

Beepster
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/03/02 18:51:00 (permalink)
Bill Jackson [Cakewalk]
Beepster

Be impressed.

lol... nice. :-)

sharke
Did you see the latest episode Beepster? They put hidden cameras in Mac and Charlie's moms house and added a laugh track to lighten the mood of their constant fighting. I'll give them this: they have some original ideas.

A little while after you posted this I decided to catch up on the current season. Yeah that was pretty good/weird.

Something that struck me... and maybe it's because I had been away from the Sunny for so long and was jumping in so late in the series (as opposed to starting from the early, almost guerrila style/art project first season) was the weird production values of at least the first couple of eps from this season.

It almost felt like when shows normally filmed in sections do "Live" versions (like 30 Rock did a few times). After a while it seemed to settle back into the Sunny prod values I'm used to.

Did you notice that at all or am I going teh cray crayz (or moreso)?

I also found some of the material very hit or miss for this season. Rob McElhenney seems like a rather strange dood with strange ideas and pushes strange stuff that doesn't totally work to an extreme. Like that whole thing where he intentionally made himself fat for a running gag that was kind of "meh". Apparently the rest of the cast and crew were seriously worried about him causing himself harm for a kind of a dumb subplot.

However... the overall insanity and hilarity of the show makes the kind of lame/weird stuff unnoticeable and/or kind of work in the grand scheme.

Seriously surprised I had not even HEARD of this show until a few years ago (here... and likely from you, so thanks). I'd say it's probably one of the best "modern", "over the top" comedies out there.

Just went through Reno 911 again (EP Devito) which I'd put up there too even though I thought it was kind of stoopid when I'd click through it back when it was on the air. Kind of the type of thing you have to get to know the characters to enjoy properly. Otherwise it just seems chaotic and stupid.
sharke
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/03/02 19:28:39 (permalink)
Beepster
Bill Jackson [Cakewalk]
Beepster

Be impressed.

lol... nice. :-)

sharke

A little while after you posted this I decided to catch up on the current season. Yeah that was pretty good/weird.

Something that struck me... and maybe it's because I had been away from the Sunny for so long and was jumping in so late in the series (as opposed to starting from the early, almost guerrila style/art project first season) was the weird production values of at least the first couple of eps from this season.

It almost felt like when shows normally filmed in sections do "Live" versions (like 30 Rock did a few times). After a while it seemed to settle back into the Sunny prod values I'm used to.

Did you notice that at all or am I going teh cray crayz (or moreso)?

I also found some of the material very hit or miss for this season. Rob McElhenney seems like a rather strange dood with strange ideas and pushes strange stuff that doesn't totally work to an extreme. Like that whole thing where he intentionally made himself fat for a running gag that was kind of "meh". Apparently the rest of the cast and crew were seriously worried about him causing himself harm for a kind of a dumb subplot.

However... the overall insanity and hilarity of the show makes the kind of lame/weird stuff unnoticeable and/or kind of work in the grand scheme.

Seriously surprised I had not even HEARD of this show until a few years ago (here... and likely from you, so thanks). I'd say it's probably one of the best "modern", "over the top" comedies out there.

Just went through Reno 911 again (EP Devito) which I'd put up there too even though I thought it was kind of stoopid when I'd click through it back when it was on the air. Kind of the type of thing you have to get to know the characters to enjoy properly. Otherwise it just seems chaotic and stupid.

Yeah I've noticed that the production seems different. But that's usually the way with long running shows - if you watch the earlier episodes it's almost like they used different equipment and lighting. You notice this with Frasier as well. A year or so ago I watched the whole thing back to back and at some season, can't remember which, the whole look of the show looked totally different like they were using more modern cameras or something. 

Also with Sunny it's interesting to note how much older Dennis looks these days. I think it might have something to do with his hair. Definitely some hit/miss episodes in the new season. However what I've found with Sunny is, sometimes you watch an episode which seems duff at the time, then if you go back to it in a few months you find it funny. 

One of my faves of the last couple of seasons was the one where they went on the Family Feuds style game show. That one was great. Especially when Charlie kept winning the rounds with ridiculous answers that only got one vote, and then it turns out he'd been "surveyed" in the mall a few weeks earlier. Classic stuff. 

James
Beepster
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/03/02 20:36:46 (permalink)
Heh. Charlie is defs my fave character (even more than Frank). He's just so stupid and the group has corrupted and abused him so badly it's sad but he's the only one with any kind of morality. I like it when he wigs out and puts them all in their place.

I think my favorite was the "Steak Scam" ep where he's rushing around making sure the bar doesn't get shuttered despite the bullsnizz the other guys are pulling.

Actually the whole "Charlie work" meme reminds me of when I worked as the filth cleaner upper at a bizarro film company.
Beepster
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/03/02 20:49:30 (permalink)
And for bit part characters I'd go for Gail the Snail. I've always had a weird, unexplainable crush on that Rajskub chick (probably best known for playing "Chloe" on 24). I just find her interesting to look at and she's funny as all hell.

I actually just got turned on to Mr. Show with Bob and David which she was on for a while. Pretty funny stuff for a sketch comedy.

But back to Sunny... "Now you're just kind of mashing it".

lulz
sharke
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/03/03 02:32:27 (permalink)
Beepster
Heh. Charlie is defs my fave character (even more than Frank). He's just so stupid and the group has corrupted and abused him so badly it's sad but he's the only one with any kind of morality. I like it when he wigs out and puts them all in their place.

I think my favorite was the "Steak Scam" ep where he's rushing around making sure the bar doesn't get shuttered despite the bullsnizz the other guys are pulling.

Actually the whole "Charlie work" meme reminds me of when I worked as the filth cleaner upper at a bizarro film company.

Yeah the Charlie Work episode was amazing. All done in one continuous shot as well. I love the whole "slamming the stool" motif which made sense at the end when Dee sat on it. Also a classic line from Frank when Charlie asks him why he's covering himself in black paint: "I'm paintin' a shirt!" 

James
sharke
Re: I see someone at Cakewalk is an It's Always Sunny fan 2017/03/03 02:34:30 (permalink)
Beepster
And for bit part characters I'd go for Gail the Snail. I've always had a weird, unexplainable crush on that Rajskub chick (probably best known for playing "Chloe" on 24). I just find her interesting to look at and she's funny as all hell.

I actually just got turned on to Mr. Show with Bob and David which she was on for a while. Pretty funny stuff for a sketch comedy.

But back to Sunny... "Now you're just kind of mashing it".

lulz

It's interesting to go back to Taxi and watch De Vito at the start of his fame, when he was in his 30's. Louie DePalma was the framework for almost every character he's played since then. He's just such a naturally funny guy. I used to love in Taxi when he'd stare vacantly into space with his eyes ever so slightly crossed....

James
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1