Problem in Sonar X3 with Focusrite

Author
gtrpastor
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 210
2017/01/23 17:03:15 (permalink)

Problem in Sonar X3 with Focusrite

Hi. I have a problem that I thought maybe someone else might know something about or be able to help me with. 

I'm running Sonar Producer X3e. I just purchased a new computer and also a new audio interface (Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen). Everything works great most of the time. But I have an intermittent issue. Sometimes a loud buzzing occurs when a track is armed to record. The only way the buzzing stops is when I disarm the track. Then I am able to re-arm it and continue. 

At first I thought it was TH3, but now I've found that it also happens when using a mic with no plugins on the track. I thought maybe it was a driver issue, since there are no issues with playback at all. I'm using the latest Focusrite driver (4-15). 

I've contacted tech support. They suggested trying ASIO4All, which I did, but it is awful, and the latency is so terrible that I can't even test it. 

Anybody else have a similar issue? Any thoughts on resolving it. (My next step would be returning the interface). 

Thanks, 
Sean

Sonar X3 Producer 64-bit / Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5
Intel i7 6700K / 16 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Presonus Audiobox iTwo / ART Tube MP Preamp
Gibson LP Studio / PRS SE Custom 24 / Martin GPCPA4
TH3, Amplitube & Fender Bassbreaker 15
Coffee

3 Replies Related Threads

gtrpastor
    Re: Problem in Sonar X3 with Focusrite 2017/01/25 00:49:17 (permalink)
    I decided to exchange the Focusrite for a different interface. Hopefully that will fix the issue. 

Coffee
    highlandermak
    • Total Posts : 214
    Re: Problem in Sonar X3 with Focusrite 2017/02/14 12:03:20 (permalink)
    I have the Focusrite 6i6 (2nd Gen) and have had very good results. On the other hand I also have a presonus 192 with some concerns that have not fully been addressed. The one thing I can share is if you have the ability to test on a another computer it can shed some light where the issue is. Sonar does allow 1 desktop and 1 mobile use under 1 license agreement. With my presonus it was horrible and after a lot of troubleshooting I discovered a recent update for my usb drivers was available. I updated them and at least now I can mix with the PreSonus. That being said the usb drivers I had prior worked great with my Focusrite and did with the update. It is possible you had a bogus device but hope getting this new interface fixes your problems. Good luck.

Computer: CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8140A Gaming PC
    CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core | Intel Z370 Express Chipset
    Graphic: NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB
    USB: 6 x USB 3.1 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000
    Storage: 240GB SSD+2TB HDD
    Application(DAW): Studio One 3 Pro and SONAR PLATINUM - Version (Most current update)
    Audio Interfaces: PreSonus Studio 192 and Focusrite: Scarlett 6i6 (Most current updates)
    gtrpastor
    Re: Problem in Sonar X3 with Focusrite 2017/02/14 17:06:49 (permalink)
    highlandermak
    I have the Focusrite 6i6 (2nd Gen) and have had very good results. On the other hand I also have a presonus 192 with some concerns that have not fully been addressed. The one thing I can share is if you have the ability to test on a another computer it can shed some light where the issue is. Sonar does allow 1 desktop and 1 mobile use under 1 license agreement. With my presonus it was horrible and after a lot of troubleshooting I discovered a recent update for my usb drivers was available. I updated them and at least now I can mix with the PreSonus. That being said the usb drivers I had prior worked great with my Focusrite and did with the update. It is possible you had a bogus device but hope getting this new interface fixes your problems. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. My experience has been the reverse of yours. I have had no problems whatsoever with the Presonus. I suspect that the problem was related to the driver, and not the hardware. At any rate, I have not experienced the same issue while using the Presonus. In fact, I have found it to be slightly better than the Focusrite in terms of performance. 

The Focusrite 6i6 is a superior unit to the 2i2. It wouldn't surprise me if you had better results with that unit. The Presonus I am using is comparable to the 2i2. So it is quite likely that your 6i6 is better than my Presonus. I'm just happy that the thing works! :)

Coffee
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1