Wacom tablet works great for 3 years but not with my latest plugin install?

Author
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
2017/02/15 17:19:45 (permalink)

Wacom tablet works great for 3 years but not with my latest plugin install?

Hello,
 I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with a VST2 x64 plug in that I installed last week.

My Wacom CTH-470 tablet works great on my DAW and it works great with the other VST plugins this vendor makes, but it is completely ignored by the latest plugin I have purchased and installed.
 My Microsoft mouse works with the plug in just fine, but the pen tablet can not interact with the GUI. This occurs in every one of my digital audio hosts.

The vendor says that I should throw every OS and driver update available but I keep my DAW offline, primarily because I do not want an update to kill any of my old favorite stuff. The DAW works 99.9% right now so the last thing I want to do is hook it up to the internet and watch it download updates for a couple days.

The only problem is with this single VST and the Wacom tablet.

I did install the latest Wacom driver but it did not help.

I think the problem is probably something very simple and specific but the vendor has chosen to default to the update everything and see what happens recommendation. I was hoping he would say something like "you need to install Visual Studio 2015" etc.

I am posting in case someone knows a guy who knows a guy who had a similar problem and fixed it with a few simple updates.
 Thank you.

Win 7 Pro x64 Service Pack 1, Radeon HD 7700, etc.

post edited by Caa2 - 2017/02/15 18:57:21

2 Replies Related Threads

xiwix
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 284
    Re: Wacom tablet works great for 3 years but not with my latest plugin install? 2017/02/16 13:27:29 (permalink)
    I don't have an answer and my wacom rig is very old with outdated drivers but I have noticed inconsistencies over time with what the wacom pen is able to control or not control.

Last year I lost some pen right click functionality within Sonar.  A few Win10 and Sonar updates later it works again.

Same with some vst plugins.

I'll watch along to see if someone else has any insight.

The Maillard Reaction
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31918
    Re: Wacom tablet works great for 3 years but not with my latest plugin install? 2017/02/17 10:49:12 (permalink)
    Thank you for the information.

I have been using a Wacom tablet everyday for the past 20 years and this is the first time I have ever had a problem.

While searching for a solution I did see that others have had issues such as you describe on occasions when they updated Windows.

It seems peculiar; I am either not updated enough or I am too updated.

I hope someone may recognize the issue and offer a solution. 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1