Audient ID14 with Sonar X3?

Author
choinga
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 58
2017/02/16 18:32:36 (permalink)

Audient ID14 with Sonar X3?

Is anyone using this interface?

I thought I'd try it out using it on my work desktop (i7/64GB RAM/SSD Drives) for on the spot stuff vs going over to my recording PC and booting all that up, etc...  I use a RME FF800 over there.

I know this is a little different interface than I'm used to with the Audient mixing console and dealing with routing and such over there - my problem is getting the latency down.  I'm using ASIO and right now my best case in PREFERENCES -> AUDIO -> DRIVER SETTINGS is showing 23.8ms input latency. 

I've tried messing with other settings to get the latency down but I guess what I'm trying to accomplish is to allow myself the same type of headphone monitoring capabilities I have with the RME (low latency - can just use the headphone mix from the main output and don't get any noticeable delay when recording).  I want to be able to put a little reverb for example when doing vocals or recording guitar parts using Guitar Rig or other VST's and right now at that latency it's not doable - there's enough of an input delay that makes it impossible.

I saw some other posts and folks were reporting get much lower latency than what i'm seeing so I'm hoping some kind sir or ma'am would be willing to share their settings with me so that maybe I can try what they are using.

My PC is Windows 10 and I have the latest drivers and firmware installed for the Audient.  Again, I'm using the ASIO driver (it defaulted to MIME and the latency was much worse there).

Thanks in advance!

-Ken
------------------------------------------
Sonar Platinum x64 : Windows 10 x64 (i7 CPU) : RME FF800

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1