Solved: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but...

Author
Edu Camargo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2017/02/17 11:16:56 (permalink)

Solved: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but...

Everything is working nicely when playing the almost finished project. All 12 instances of Komplete Kontrol are perfectly loaded and during playback, it's all set and playing accordingly. But when I play the keyboard, there is no sound. I need to rerecord the guitar part for this project, and for some reason I can't get the keyboard to respond to sound.

This project is not using simple instrument tracks, and audio tracks are being used as receptors for the synths.

Thanks for your help.

Peace,

Edu Camargo.

post edited by Edu Camargo - 2017/02/24 16:33:13

“In the end, the four prophets were three: Moses and Elias...”

10 Replies Related Threads

dwardzala
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1470
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/17 14:13:05 (permalink)
    Is your midi keyboard being recognized by Sonar?
    Are you getting a midi signal to the track (i.e. does the meter move when you hit a key)?
    Is your midi track routed to an audio track that is routed (eventually) to you interface?
    Do you have input echo on?

Dave
    Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
    MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
    Win10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
    M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
    https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

bluzdog
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1928
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/17 14:18:35 (permalink)
    Midi echo?

Rocky
    Edu Camargo
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/17 15:37:32 (permalink)
    The MIDI keyboard is being recognized with no problem. All the information in this project is MIDI. As mentioned above, the audio tracks are only serving as outputs for the synths, and the playback is occurring with no issues. I can redirect the outputs of the MIDI track back and fourth and everything can be heard during the playback of the project. Input echo of the MIDI tracks is all set to auto through. The only problem is when playing the keyboard. Can't tell about the indicators since I'm blind, but I presume this is something related to audio being randomly redirected to anywhere else when playing the keyboard. I find it very strange 'cause the project is playing with all the correct sounds. The keyboard is the Komplete Kontrol S88, and it's using MIDI via USB. Oh! And ASIO driver.

Thanks again.

Edu Camargo.

JohanSebatianGremlin
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 402
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/18 06:21:56 (permalink)
    Reboot everything?

If gear was the determining factor, we would all have a shelf full of Grammies and a pocket full of change.  -microapp

i7, 32gb RAM, Win10 64bit, RME UFX
    Sir Les
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1182
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/18 08:07:06 (permalink)
    Wow, this is the odd challenge of life and machine....How if blind ,can you do any tweaks or see setup intel to help us see into, or follow instructions to setup?...into the Preferences of any of the setup terms?....(that is asking me a for me to ask you, so you can be me, and my eyes be yours)

Interesting....Problems....some people have, that are outside of scope of thought for of build to exclude, that should be included in setting up for...I say not plug and play...makes it hard for some to do things with....We all Love Stevie Wonder....and I am sure the Builders should see into also...I know some speaking app must be working behind this chat?.

Well...I know on my trials of using Midi with CW...metronome would cut out some times and midi tracks not work proper.
    You seemed to have solved that ....Good!

But solving the audio issues, stopped me dead in my tracks, and system issues...So, I sought more so solutions for.

But this Blind issues.....Is going to be difficult to engage with perhaps?....Is there someone near you, to help?.

Now in this case//...With my understandings of what is possible.....
    Perhaps remote viewing this system BY a CAKEWALK help tech..or someone who knows systems could help here with such a odd issue in Life and living with...

Doing Liken Stevie...Now ...I asked, and they can!

So...Please see reason for my words CW.

I do try to help with suggestions put forth for such things also!

Hay Mike in tech support remote viewed me.....Mike you there?

Cheers!

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
    2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
    Sanderxpander
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3873
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/18 08:30:19 (permalink)
    Hi Edu,

Would it be possible for you to upload your project so we can poke around ourselves? I have Komplete 9 Ultimate so probably not all of the same instruments but hopefully enough to figure out the issue.
    Edu Camargo
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/22 02:38:16 (permalink)
    Guys, thanks for your feedback, including one filled up with some curiosity about how blinds can interact with DAW, when a DAW allows blinds to read things and create with total independence. Blinds use screen readers to be assisted through TEXT TO speech or braille output with what's on the screen. Windows users use NVDA (free) or JAWS (damn expensive), and Mac users have Apple's own VoiceOver integrated into the system.

Well, back to the thread: Sorry for the delay. I took the time and read some similar issues around this forum. Thankfuly, I discovered that for some reason (or true accident), the MIDI inputs were mapped to the virtual controller. Then it was all a question of putting things into place, each plug-in to their own inputs, and I was able to play again, and finish the project.

Thanks guys once again for your suggestions, possibilities, well... All the effort.

This forum should have a "solved" button.

Peace,

Edu Camargo.

Sir Les
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1182
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/23 22:22:54 (permalink)
    OK Edu...Being Blind, Little I know about it, the better off I see no reason to look into, until it posses a issue for a cure...You see more than I do.

But remote viewing could be done today by technicians who know what they are doing, and the daw can...to get to the setting quickly....And you up and doing your magic of music faster.

You on the other hand not knowing all or if, if of any thing gone south...have to open all the tabs and have it read to you, while you try to remember what should be, or could be...if not knowing, a setting or change done without knowing.

That said....Glad you got it going.

You can write solved in the first original post of this thread (edit the header)=(Put in Solved at the end of your complaint),...so it is left to go down the listings...as solved..

I did not forget to check up...

Yah a solved button could help some....good idea?...oh yah Mud from the promised land and spit...I believe was used to cure the other...You have to believe with the heart open!...wash away the problem....is last.?...No, go tell it on the mountain if so does, and proclaim it again if so finding him doing because you did not forget to ask!...and before asking, for you did not know who was before you saying...did he not give the blessing for your handicap, if so needing or wanting aid, so you could see his coming and goings doing much for many and all in all solved a problem//...He said You to can do these things, and more than I have done, you will do.

Cheers.

post edited by Sir Les - 2017/02/23 23:23:35

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
    2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
    Edu Camargo
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/24 16:32:21 (permalink)
    Thanks a lot for the tip. I'll flag this post then.

Peace,

Edu Camargo.

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Urgent! I'm just about to finish a project but... 2017/02/24 20:27:34 (permalink)
    Edu Camargo
    Thanks a lot for the tip. I'll flag this post then.

Peace,

Edu Camargo.

To mark it as solved:
    if you go to your first post and press: Edit  you will then be able to access the title to enter "Solved" in the title line.
    This prevents people from clicking on a "Urgent, I need help" thread. Having to reading several posts only to see the problem is solved (like myself ).

Im glad all is good now. Happy music making.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1