HorNet Dynamics Control

Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2017/02/23 08:26:18 (permalink)

HorNet Dynamics Control

HoRNet Dynamics Control is a processor created to help you have full control on the dynamic range of your sounds.
Thanks to the three different compressors it provides, you can limit the difference between the loudest and the softer parts effectively limiting the dynamic range.
The plugin is made of three compressors with different characteristics, the first is a regular compressor used to limit the loudest parts, it has a soft knee and a smooth response. The second one is based on the CompExp algorithm and and changes the gain level trying to "squeeze" the signal around the chosen threshold level, the third one is an "upward" compressor that differs from a regular compressor because if the level falls below the set threshold the signal is amplified instead of being reduced.

Dynamics Control is available for just 12,99€ on hornetplugins.com, you can try out the demo and if you like it you can buy it using paypal. As with every of our plugin we privide a 15 days 100% money back policy if you change your mind.
Complete Bundle owners can find the discounted price for the plugin after the y log into the "my account" area.

Feel free to write us your suggestions and ideas using our suport section.

Thank you very much
Saverio
DOWNLOAD DYNAMICS CONTROL

6 Replies Related Threads

mikedocy
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1157
    Re: HorNet Dynamics Control 2017/02/23 09:41:52 (permalink)
    This one looks interesting. I'm going to demo it and purchase if it proves unique enough.
    TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    Re: HorNet Dynamics Control 2017/02/23 17:47:45 (permalink)
    This looks like it works similar to the Waves MV2 except with a 3rd overall compressor, no wup and a lot more affordable.
    Please let us know what you think of it.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    clintmartin
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3893
    Re: HorNet Dynamics Control 2017/02/23 18:52:42 (permalink)
    Anyone having problems with the VST3 versions of Hornet Plugins?
    I have a few that crash Sonar.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
    http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
    https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    Re: HorNet Dynamics Control 2017/02/23 20:17:37 (permalink)
    clintmartin

I have a couple, 
    but I could get never get HoRNet AutoGain Pro MK2 to scan.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    mikedocy
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1157
    Re: HorNet Dynamics Control 2017/02/24 00:45:37 (permalink)
    TheSteven
    This looks like it works similar to the Waves MV2 except with a 3rd overall compressor, no wup and a lot more affordable.
    Please let us know what you think of it.

I also own the Waves MV2.
    I had purchased the MV2 for this very reason: bring up the low level details in the music without crushing the high level transients. I was never able to get the MV2 to do what I wanted it to do with music.
    It "sort-of" worked, but not good enough. I think the attack/decay timings weren't adjustable enough for music.
    If I recall correctly, it was designed for dialogue; for leveling voice-overs and such. It works well for that purpose.

Hornet Dynamics Control:
    So far, I would choose the Hornet over the MV2 (for music) based on the sound I got from it, but...
    I am still trying to understand it. The three compressors interact (expected, but it causes confusion).
    It is hard to understand what it is doing at times  ( FWIW, I did not read the manual).
    When I got it sounding like it was bringing up the low level details without crushing the transients, the output level was very high. There is no "makeup gain" control to turn it down. Not a big problem. I am using it on a bus. I can turn down the bus fader.
    The "Upward Compressor" has a soft knee. I would prefer a hard knee to get maximum impact from drums.
    When I got it to achieve the sound I was trying to achieve, I had the top and bottom compressors off (ratio 1:1),
    the middle compressor on with a ratio of 6:1. The graphic had a shape like a backslash key.

I cannot give an accurate opinion of it yet. I need to read the manual and try it again.
    Setting it up is the biggest problem. The GUI is not intuitive enough. Perhaps it needs three separate colors on the graph to distinguish the three compressors? It needs a makeup/attenuation gain knob. It needs three separate bypass buttons on the three compressors.

Download the demo and give it a try.
    The demo version has full functionality except that it lowers the output volume every minute for a few seconds.

clintmartin
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3893
    Re: HorNet Dynamics Control 2017/02/24 08:53:13 (permalink)
    TheSteven
    clintmartin

I have a couple, 
    but I could get never get HoRNet AutoGain Pro MK2 to scan.

I've got the VST2 to work, but not the VST3.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
    http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
    https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1