Liquid Notes.

Author
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
2017/02/25 12:07:12 (permalink)

Liquid Notes.

Anyone have it crash because of the Java crap?  When most apps crash I can go to the Task Manager and find the exe to stop it so I can start it again.  This one doesn't show up.

Since most of the tech world is becoming anti Java, I'm starting to fall in that boat with apps like this that use is.  It's not even allowed in the Mac world. 

Aside from that anyone else have the same issue with it crashing and not able to start up?

The developers seem to macentric and there's really not much on their site for troubleshooting.  Their how tos are outdated and once again more Macentric.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496

3 Replies Related Threads

pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Liquid Notes. 2017/02/25 12:25:06 (permalink)
    i don't know that app particularly, but i do avoid java when i can (not installed at all right now)

just a sec

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Liquid Notes. 2017/02/25 15:30:56 (permalink)
    Sorry you are having problems with it.  Not sure what may be causing that.  Nothing inherently bad or nefarious with Java itself.

There is a difference between Java and the Java web plugin.  The Java web stuff is a security risk and most sites don't even put Java applets in their web pages anymore, so it's best to just uninstall the plugin.

Java is the most popular programming language today. http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

The Android development kit uses Java as the source code for apps.  The advantage to using Java is write once, run on any computer with a Java VM.

But Java is not compiled to run as a Windows executable, or for any specific platform.

It needs a runtime environment.  Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is a software package that contains what is required to run a Java program. The Oracle Corporation, which owns the Java trademark, distributes a Java Runtime environment with their Java Virtual Machine.  It is supported on Linux, Mac, and Windows. 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Liquid Notes. 2017/02/26 14:55:53 (permalink)
    kitekrazy1
     Anyone have it crash because of the Java crap?  When most apps crash I can go to the Task Manager and find the exe to stop it so I can start it again.  This one doesn't show up.

Since most of the tech world is becoming anti Java, I'm starting to fall in that boat with apps like this that use is.  It's not even allowed in the Mac world. 

Aside from that anyone else have the same issue with it crashing and not able to start up?

The developers seem to macentric and there's really not much on their site for troubleshooting.  Their how tos are outdated and once again more Macentric.

I finally had a chance to check the task name that Liquid Notes runs under in task manager.  Just look for Java(tm) Platform Binary (or something like that).

I noticed that it continued running for a few minutes after I quit the LN application, and I couldn't restart LN until the Java task quit completely.  I also have the same problem with Sonar if it quits unexpectedly (not with Java, but the Sonarplt.exe gets stuck as well).  It must be a Windows thing ...

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1