Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2017/02/28 20:34:29 (permalink)

Komplete Kontrol updated to 1.8.0

Run Native Access to update

Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Komplete Kontrol updated to 1.8.0 2017/02/28 20:51:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cclarry 2017/03/01 11:55:27
cclarry
Run Native Access to update

You were quick when the forum came back up
The most significant thing here IMHO is the inclusion of 100 more scales. The original software was always lacking in this regard. I do not see my favourite double harmonic scale though. It also seems to be lacking melodic minor, but I guess that is harder to implement.

I have been playing around with some of the "world" and "jazz" scales and its quite fun exploring different scales in this way. I like the guide mode because it still allows accidentals, but you can also use mapped to lock out keys not in the scale or easy mode so its all white notes.

1.8 includes the following improvements:

New features:
  • New Smart Play scales The Smart Play scale engine now includes more than 100 new scales and modes, making it easier than ever to take melodies and harmonies in new directions.
  • Enhanced Smart Play chord features Users now have full control over the position of individual notes within automatically generated chords. Set to Auto, KOMPLETE KONTROL will select voicings that result in the most natural transitions between chords.
  • Stand-alone transport control When running in stand-alone mode, KOMPLETE KONTROL’s transport controls can now be used to start, stop, restart, or adjust the tempo of clock-based instruments such as REAKTOR Blocks.
  • KKS and MASCHINE Record Functionality Additionally, the update provides enhanced integration with the MASCHINE plug-in: Pressing REC on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard now arms MASCHINE itself, enabling users to record directly into the sequencer.
Fixed:
  • Fixed issue where Chord Type > Octave played an incorrect interval with certain scales
  • Fixed Windows issue where KOMPLETE KONTROL’s hardware service would not restart after installation under certain circumstances
  • Fixed issue where automation strings would be displayed as 0-1 in hosts under certain circumstances
  • Fixed macOS issue where KOMPLETE KONTROL could be started in 32-bit mode
  • Fixed issue where the Arpeggiator could trigger Control Keys when loading a module via the Plug-in menu

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Komplete Kontrol updated to 1.8.0 2017/03/01 11:33:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cclarry 2017/03/01 11:55:30
I was wrong - both major and minor double harmonic scales are included.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1