need help for monitoring two mics Music Creator LE

Author
ceddy79
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2017/03/04 15:43:26 (permalink)

need help for monitoring two mics Music Creator LE

Hi, I need some assistance in recording my podcast. I'm trying to hear the person talk while we record but for some reason we are only able to hear ourselves and not each other. What do I need to do? I have the outputs going to the same speakers which are the headphones. Do I need to download another output and have the monitoring go through there?

2 Replies Related Threads

gcolbert
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1176
    Re: need help for monitoring two mics Music Creator LE 2017/03/04 18:07:22 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum!

I think that you are going to have to provide more information before anyone can try to help with this.

1) How are the microphones connected?  Are they connected to preamps or mixers or recording interfaces or are you just using internal microphones?
    2) What kind of audio interface are you using?  Is this with the PC internal sound card on a laptop or on some digital mixer, or on some other digital interface?
    3) How are the headphones connected?  are they direct to the PC or out of the audio interface or to a headphone amplifier connected to something somewhere?
    4) can you see the interface in MC?  What driver mode are you using?

Glen

Platinum / VS-100 / 12 GB RAM / Win 10 Pro / AMD A8 / MP Touch Monitors
    Platinum / on-board audio / 4 GB RAM /Win 10 Pro / HP dm4 Laptop / stuff
    THpfft!
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: need help for monitoring two mics Music Creator LE 2017/03/05 15:08:24 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    Do you have the Input Echo button clicked for both tracks?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1