Getting feedback on problem reports

Author
MagicMike
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
2017/03/06 17:15:50 (permalink)

Getting feedback on problem reports

Hi,
Sonar Platinum user here - latest version available from command center.
I'll be honest, I get crashes pretty much every session - I just live with it, and can usually carry on working for hours with relative stability. These range from freezes when opening Dimension Pro or Rapture, freeze on project load and/or crash. Shut down Sonar and open the project again no issues.

Anyway, I've been with Sonar since X2 days and whilst Platinum is the most stable for me by far I still expect it to crash.

So, I've had a few crashes last night and Sonar has submitted the crash files. It would be great to get some feedback about these crashes that get submitted to the development team - just an idea of what is the possible cause. Is it hardware? 3rd party plugin? Something else? 

For example:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Contact/Problem-Report-Status/73092

I've never had any feedback from crash reports - is there some kind of auto process that the bakers can implement that would at least give me an idea of what to look at?
I've seen guys on here have support look at their crash dump files - I'm a lifetime subscription member - is this a service I have access to?

Thanks,

Mike.

Windows 10 x64, 16 gb RAM,i7 4.2GHz, 250GB Samsung SSD for OS/Programs, SSD for current projects,  1TB Disk for audio and backup project files, RME UCX interface on USB, ASUS motherboard, dual screen setup with latest AMD FX 5450 catalyst drivers for graphics, Cakewalk by Bandlab. Samson Graphite 49 keyboard.

3 Replies Related Threads

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Getting feedback on problem reports 2017/03/29 22:30:47 (permalink)
    MagicMike
    Hi,
    Sonar Platinum user here - latest version available from command center.
    I'll be honest, I get crashes pretty much every session - I just live with it, and can usually carry on working for hours with relative stability. These range from freezes when opening Dimension Pro or Rapture, freeze on project load and/or crash. Shut down Sonar and open the project again no issues.

Anyway, I've been with Sonar since X2 days and whilst Platinum is the most stable for me by far I still expect it to crash.

So, I've had a few crashes last night and Sonar has submitted the crash files. It would be great to get some feedback about these crashes that get submitted to the development team - just an idea of what is the possible cause. Is it hardware? 3rd party plugin? Something else? 

For example:
    https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Contact/Problem-Report-Status/73092

I've never had any feedback from crash reports - is there some kind of auto process that the bakers can implement that would at least give me an idea of what to look at?
    I've seen guys on here have support look at their crash dump files - I'm a lifetime subscription member - is this a service I have access to?

Thanks,

Mike.

Hey Mike!  That's my problem report you linked to! 

I submitted that problem report (not a crash dump) to Cakewalk support on Dec 10th., with a step by step how to reproduce the problem. 3 days later, I was notified of a status update, it had been "SubmittedToDevelopment".

The last time I checked, that bug has been corrected.  I think a few others submitted reports as well, so it was not just me.

Best advice for help with Sonar problems, or any other currently supported product, use this link to file a problem report, and save the CWBRN# to share with any Cakewalk staff you may have the opportunity to communicate with on the forum:
    https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Email

The more details you provide on how to reproduce the crash, the better there is a chance of getting the problem fixed.  A step by step list of actions leading to the crash is best.  For starters, they may need to set up a test project to duplicate the problem, so the best approach is if you can give some steps from a blank project with stock plugins where this crash is reproducible. 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    MagicMike
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 188
    Re: Getting feedback on problem reports 2017/03/30 10:32:06 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Windows 10 x64, 16 gb RAM,i7 4.2GHz, 250GB Samsung SSD for OS/Programs, SSD for current projects,  1TB Disk for audio and backup project files, RME UCX interface on USB, ASUS motherboard, dual screen setup with latest AMD FX 5450 catalyst drivers for graphics, Cakewalk by Bandlab. Samson Graphite 49 keyboard.
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Getting feedback on problem reports 2017/03/30 13:26:26 (permalink)
    no, you won't get any feedback from cake/devs unless they contact you directly for more info

just a sec

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1