Sonar doesn't remember window sizes

Author
adamcoe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/03/16 21:33:12 (permalink)

Sonar doesn't remember window sizes

Alrighty, something that's been bugging me for quite some time and over several versions of Sonar...like most of us I would imagine, I spend a lot of time going back and forth between the track view and console view...the only problem being that every time I start Sonar, it recalls every detail of my session...EXCEPT the window sizes. In my particular case right now, I have the main Cakewalk window stretched across 2 monitors, and the Track and Console screens on one monitor each, floating inside the main window. If I quit and restart, the track window usually looks fine, but the console window has inexplicably gotten shorter, and I can't see the entire thing.

I realize this is far from a life and death issue, but it'd be awful nice to not have to resize the console window every time I start the program...any ideas folks?

4 Replies Related Threads

Treefight
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 868
    Re: Sonar doesn't remember window sizes 2017/03/16 22:31:37 (permalink)
    I was going to start my own thread on this, but I will respond here instead, since I have a similar question.  Actually, it's basically an identical question.  I've switched my monitor configurations, from one monitor, to two, up to four, back to two, and now back up to four. 

Anyhow, I don't recall having to undock the console view, set it to floating, and drag it to another monitor every time I open a project.  I've tried messing around with screen sets, but that doesn't seem to
    help either.  I know there is something I'm doing wrong, there must be, so I would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks in advance.

Stuff.
    The Grim
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 724
    Re: Sonar doesn't remember window sizes 2017/03/16 22:39:03 (permalink)
    i use a dual monitor set up, with track view on the first and the multi dock/console view on the second, every time i open up or create a project everything opens as i set it without the need for undocking/moving or dragging anything, it's been a long time but i just think i set it like that as default.
    Treefight
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 868
    Re: Sonar doesn't remember window sizes 2017/03/16 22:43:20 (permalink)
    Thanks, I'll have to try a few more things.  I just couldn't recall if there was a specific setting.  I've only tried a couple of projects with my new setup, so maybe it'll work its way out.

If there is a setting and you happen to recall it, please post!

Thanks again.

Stuff.
    The Grim
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 724
    Re: Sonar doesn't remember window sizes 2017/03/16 22:53:48 (permalink)
    i think at one time i just set things up as i wanted them with tracks and stuff that are used every time, like drum tracks, guitar tracks, bass track, vocal tracks, and various buss's all with the basic go to fx i use for each, track view on monitor 1, multidock and console view on monitor 2 and saved it as my default template.

i don't mess around or use screensets as such, and couldn't care less about lenses
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1