Used UAD 2 pcie question

Author
beingsmythos
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2017/03/18 21:34:36 (permalink)

Used UAD 2 pcie question

Just got the UAD 2 card I ordered off eBay. I downloaded all software, the card is installed, and the led is solid green. The seller said he was going to transfer ownership of the card around the time he shipped it out earlier this week. 

I am not seeing any cards on my uaudio account. When I follow the "steps" to register the card (I presume these were written for new un-used cards) it just authorizes a ton of plug-ins. These are not the plug-ins that come for free with all the cards, I presume they were his that he had bought. And I can use them with no issue in my DAW. 

I've gone through the FAQs and videos on UADs site about transferring ownership but the only thing it tells me to expect as the one receiving the used card is a confirmation of transfer via e-mail.

I'm sending the seller an e-mail asking how the transfer process went for him. He got in a bike accident and broke about 5 bones so I feel bad bugging him. Thought I would ask anyone here who has bought one of these second hand how it went.

Having all these plug ins I didn't buy working perfectly is strange. I thought the card would know when it's in another computer and cease to work until the transfer procedure went through. 

4 Replies Related Threads

smallstonefan
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2724
    Re: Used UAD 2 pcie question 2017/03/18 21:57:57 (permalink)
    I've bought a few used UAD cards and sold a few. As the seller, you have to fill out a system transfer request with UAD and they should then transfer the card and the appropriate plugins to your email address. It sounds like that process hasn't been completed (but obviously it could be the seller or UAD).

So at the moment, your card is still authorized on his account and therefore you are getting access to all of the plugins he has purchased.

beingsmythos
    Re: Used UAD 2 pcie question 2017/03/18 22:36:18 (permalink)
    That's what I thought. I guess I was under the misconception though that the cards or plug ins/software could tell which system they were in. Like how my Arturia synths had to conveniently be re-authorized when I upgraded my CPU. I guess I'll see what his response is. If he's not scamming me and he did break his hand I doubt he's too eager to fill out an online form. 

smallstonefan
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2724
    Re: Used UAD 2 pcie question 2017/03/18 22:59:01 (permalink)
    My guess is if he sent you the card he is not scamming you. The cards are linked to his account but can be moved to different computers. That way you could have two systems like a desktop and laptop and still have all of your plug-ins available.
    beingsmythos
    Re: Used UAD 2 pcie question 2017/03/18 23:05:08 (permalink)
    Ah. I was going on misinformation before I guess. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1