Communications have stopped?

Author
gyoungdahl
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 49
2017/03/23 15:06:58 (permalink)

Communications have stopped?

Hello,

Last summer I took the plunge and upgraded to Platinum lifetime updates.  I didn't notice at first, but ever since then I've received no more communications from Cakewalk.  I used to receive regular emails telling me about all the great stuff Cakewalk was up to, and letting me know each month when a new version had been released and what was fixed/improved/added.  Once I was actually a lifetime owner the flow of information completely stopped.  I have no emails from them since then.

Obviously they are still releasing new versions, and presumably most people are getting email from them, 'cause I'm sure if they went off the grid or whatever, either we wouldn't be able to discuss stuff here, or there would be some significant discussion going on about it.

I've tried contacting some of the links to support and to sales to try and determine what happened, and to try and get back in the loop, but even those things are going unanswered.  Does anyone here know who I should contact to get this resolved?

Thanks,
--
Greg Youngdahl

12 Replies Related Threads

rontarrant
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 643
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/23 15:12:55 (permalink)
    Hmmm... Come to think of it, I'm experiencing (or actually not experiencing) the same thing since becoming a lifer.

At some point (can't remember if it was before or after signing on as a lifer) I did go and get this whole email thing straightened out and did get a few. But now, no.

Methinks there's a gremlin in the works somewhere and it's one that can't be swatted from where I sit. (sigh)

-Ron T.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    MSI GE72 2QF-247US, 12 gb, Focusrite 6i6, AT-2020
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 10 x64, Sonar Platinum
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/23 15:19:20 (permalink)
    I've never received these emails.
    I believe there's another page somewhere on Cakewalk.com that says what they're working on.  I think i saw it the other day, it might tell you what's been upgraded each month.  As for your updates, as long as you're getting them you're getting whatever they're addressing.

For one, I'd rather they focus on product improvements over communicating them to customers. 

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/23 15:22:04 (permalink)

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    gyoungdahl
    • Total Posts : 49
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/24 15:57:23 (permalink)
    Hmm... Well, looking at prior emails (from here at work - only can see back until early June of last year (at home I can go back much further than that, but this should be enough to make my point...), I received emails several times each week (3 or more) with a subject of "Cakewalk News".  For example I have in my inbox messages dated 6/14/16, 6/17/16, 6/22/16, 6/24/16, 6/27/16 and then 6/30/16.  Messages arrived with a similar frequency for months prior to that as well (presumably as long as I've been a Cakewalk customer, or at least since the time they started sending "Cakewalk News" messages), and then after that 6/30 email, nothing more at all (no emails at all from Cakewalk (being "Cakewalk News", or anything else)).

So... it seems that either they stopped bothering with preparation and sending Cakewalk News to anyone anymore, or they somehow lost (or intentionally removed) my name from their mailing list.  I'm not sure of the exact date I pulled the trigger on Lifetime Updates, but it seems like there could possibly be a connection.  Perhaps, since I'm now a lifetime member (or subscriber - whatever), they figure they don't need to entice me for the next subscription period or whatever.

Is anyone else receiving "Cakewalk News" emails from Cakewalk lately?  Or any other sort of ongoing communications?

--
    Greg Youngdahl

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/24 16:30:57 (permalink)
    gyoungdahl
    Hmm... Well, looking at prior emails (from here at work - only can see back until early June of last year (at home I can go back much further than that, but this should be enough to make my point...), I received emails several times each week (3 or more) with a subject of "Cakewalk News".  For example I have in my inbox messages dated 6/14/16, 6/17/16, 6/22/16, 6/24/16, 6/27/16 and then 6/30/16.  Messages arrived with a similar frequency for months prior to that as well (presumably as long as I've been a Cakewalk customer, or at least since the time they started sending "Cakewalk News" messages), and then after that 6/30 email, nothing more at all (no emails at all from Cakewalk (being "Cakewalk News", or anything else)).

So... it seems that either they stopped bothering with preparation and sending Cakewalk News to anyone anymore, or they somehow lost (or intentionally removed) my name from their mailing list.  I'm not sure of the exact date I pulled the trigger on Lifetime Updates, but it seems like there could possibly be a connection.  Perhaps, since I'm now a lifetime member (or subscriber - whatever), they figure they don't need to entice me for the next subscription period or whatever.

Is anyone else receiving "Cakewalk News" emails from Cakewalk lately?  Or any other sort of ongoing communications?

--
    Greg Youngdahl

Possibly a spam block ?
    I know I have been receiving emails but they don't come often. not weekly or monthly even. far and few between. Hope this helps.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/24 16:42:15 (permalink)
    The last e-mail I have received was from 3/13/2017, "Cakewalk News, We're simplifying SONAR pricing!".
    Before it was at 3/6/2017, "Cakewalk News, SONAR 2017.02 Update Now Available!",
    2/17/2017 "Cakewalk News, Own an Analog Classic...", but there was some "gap" since 12/31/2016...

So CW is still sending news...

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/24 16:45:18 (permalink)
    It happens to me a lot.  PM one of the CW staffers and they can fix it. 

Best
    John
    bwbalint
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 296
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/24 18:01:26 (permalink)
    I get the same emails as above. Not as many as Izotope, but there is still some with new info/offers.

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
    Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 337
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/24 19:22:49 (permalink)
    gyoungdahl
    Hello,

Last summer I took the plunge and upgraded to Platinum lifetime updates.  I didn't notice at first, but ever since then I've received no more communications from Cakewalk.  I used to receive regular emails telling me about all the great stuff Cakewalk was up to, and letting me know each month when a new version had been released and what was fixed/improved/added.  Once I was actually a lifetime owner the flow of information completely stopped.  I have no emails from them since then.

Hi Greg,

I took a look and it appears our emails are getting bounced from your current email address. After 3 bounced email attempts we stop sending email to that address. You should make sure that anything from cakewalk.com is apart of your whitelist or safe list from your email provider.

Lance Riley
    Product Manager
    paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/24 20:11:17 (permalink)
    Slugbaby
    Here it is:  http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Whats-New#2017.02
    And here's what's coming down the pipe:  http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Whats-New#In-The-Oven

Hmmm......seems like there's not really much in the oven these days and ripple editing has been in there so long it must be just about cremated by now!
    michheld
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/03/25 23:01:47 (permalink)
    Hi Lance,
    would you please check my email-subscription, too?
    I experience the same issue - no more mails since becoming a sonar lifetime user...
    If mails to my account are bounced, which reason is given? I checked all filter rules...
    Thanks in advance
    Michael
    michheld
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: Communications have stopped? 2017/07/13 14:31:04 (permalink)
    So I got a solution now. I had to change my e-mailaddress to a completely new one. Since that the mailings come in again. Best regards
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1