LockedSomething goofy in the pre-release version on exclusive solo and sends...

Author
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
2017/03/25 12:39:21 (permalink)

Something goofy in the pre-release version on exclusive solo and sends...

I haven't been able to repeat this in a new project, but I thought I'd post it anyway just in case.

I have a vocal track with sends to 2 busses and sends to 2 sidechains.

I cloned the track.

I muted both the vocal tracks and exclusive solo'd a guitar track.

I could hear the effects from the vocal track.

Closing and re-opening the project fixed it.

I'm not positive it wasn't me goofing something up, but I can't figure out how.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.

5 Replies Related Threads

Jim Lima [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 615
    Re: Something goofy in the pre-release version on exclusive solo and sends... 2017/03/25 15:36:29 (permalink)
    Hi gswitz,

Thanks for the report.  We'll keep an eye out for that here.  In the meantime I'll leave this thread open a bit longer in case someone happens upon a repeatable recipe for it.

Jim

Jim Lima
    Cakewalk, Inc.

gswitz
    Re: Something goofy in the pre-release version on exclusive solo and sends... 2017/03/26 12:16:07 (permalink)
    Today on opening a project I properly shut down last night I got the message...

'A corrupt audio region was detected and replaced with silence.'

:-/

I then looked at the project more carefully. It appears it did not properly import my long waves I recorded with DigiCheck. I used DigiCheck to record for a good long time... hours. Then I export as single tracks and import into Sonar. This used to not work and I had to use Wave Shop to convert them to some other type of wave. Then it worked for a long time - importing the W64 files... It looks like it doesn't work again.

I popped the files in Wave Shop and it looks like the length in Wave-Shop is the same as the length in Sonar but something is goofy in Sonar. The Files cut off. It looks like the audio is stretched. Like Sonar knows how long the files should be but has more data than fits in that range so it stretched it? Not sure.

I'm popping open the files in Wave shop and converting to Microsoft Wave and trying again.
    post edited by gswitz - 2017/03/26 12:52:43

I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    gswitz
    Re: Something goofy in the pre-release version on exclusive solo and sends... 2017/03/26 12:38:09 (permalink)
    Converting the files in Wave Shop fixed the issue.

There are a good number of RME Users. If you can't fix this, I'd probably throw out a warning for people who import W64 files (which I'm guessing is what DigiCheck creates).

gswitz
    Re: Something goofy in the pre-release version on exclusive solo and sends... 2017/03/26 12:51:31 (permalink)
    My expand envelope lanes button isn't working.

Jim Lima [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 615
    Re: Something goofy in the pre-release version on exclusive solo and sends... 2017/03/26 13:42:52 (permalink)
    Hi gswitz,

Thanks for the update.  Please note the expand envelope lane issue was fixed in the update to the Early Access Friday night.  Please update if you can and try the lanes again.

Thank you,
    Jim

Jim Lima
    Cakewalk, Inc.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1