Helpful ReplyCan cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar

Author
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
2017/04/04 13:36:50 (permalink)

Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar

I have the lifetime Platinum, yet I keep getting emails about pricing changes and different options. It's so dumb

musicjohnnie
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 227
Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 14:02:51 (permalink)
Kami,
I get the same offers being a lifer. But, did yours come with the comment, "you are already a lifetime user, so these prices do not affect you". Or something like that. I like getting the cake stuff just to see what's going on. Sometimes they let out some nuggets that are interesting. And, this time they gave a code coupon for 10% off. And, you can pass that to a friend for a discount. I wonder if they will give 'finders fee' if you get someone to sign up. Genius marketing.
Have a great day.
MJ 

Dell XPS 9100 Studio
I7 930.....16G ram
Win 10 anniv.(now back to win 7)
Sonar Platinum (lifer)
Kamikaze
Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 14:46:08 (permalink)
My email (I'd never unsubscribe, because I'm missed stuff in the past and it's caused some issues, but I think their should be tailored more).

Dear Scott,

A couple of weeks ago we announced that we’re making changes to our SONAR upgrade and renewal prices, to simplify what has become a complicated and confusing system.

You can read more about these changes in our blog post here:
http://blog.cakewalk.com/cakewalk-announces-simpler-sonar-prices/

Here are a few tips to help you through this transition:

Upgrade to SONAR Platinum today: If you’re a SONAR Artist or SONAR Professional customer, you’ll likely get a better upgrade price before the new prices go into effect on May 1, 2017. If you’ve been thinking about upgrading, now is the time!

Renew early: if your current discount gives you a lower price than what we’ve published in our blog post, renew today and we’ll simply add another 12 months of SONAR updates to your account. So, if you have 6 months of updates remaining and you renew today, we’ll bump that up to 18 months.

Are you in the middle of a project, or just not ready to upgrade right now? Rather than buy from us directly in the Cakewalk online store, you can instead buy a discounted upgrade from participating retailers (up until April 30, 2017).

When you buy from a retailer, you’ll receive a redemption code. Simply hang onto this code until you’re ready to upgrade and install the new SONAR.

Here’s a list of recommended retailers who are selling SONAR upgrades through April 30, 2017:
  • SweetwaterMusician’s FriendJRRshop

Thank you again for being a Cakewalk customer!

•  
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 15:24:50 (permalink)
    It might very well be a legal thing. Where Cakewalk is required to send out emails to existing lifetime customers.
    I wouldn't worry about it. although it might be annoying (I agree with you) just delete them.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Brian Walton
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 584
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 15:35:35 (permalink)
    Kamikaze
    I have the lifetime Platinum, yet I keep getting emails about pricing changes and different options. It's so dumb

You say, keep getting emails....I got one single email about the simplified pricing.  I also got a follow up email saying the pricing doesn't impact Lifetime Users and they gave me a coupon code to share with friends to get them on board with Sonar.  

Even as a lifer, I'm glad they sent out the email about the pricing changes - I have friends that use Sonar but do not have the Lifetime option.  They are more likely to listen to me than check an email.  
    Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 15:49:04 (permalink)
    I passed the 10% off info to another board.Gotta get the word out!

I have a folder in my gmail that automatically sends all advertising to a separate folder which is nice. I like to see what's on special. I usually check it once a day for deals.

I see Cakewalk as no different than the others. They all do it. I've found some great deals that way.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

dhsherbert
    • Total Posts : 228
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 15:49:16 (permalink)
    Scott,

I, also, get many emails from Cakewalk (from my first purchase back in the early 90s). At 67 years old, I pretty much use Sonar Platinum (yep, always enticed to upgrade to the "latest & greatest") for a hobby and producing tracks for our church. Last cycle, I didn't upgrade to the latest release of Sonar Platinum, because frankly, my budget no longer allows for it. Then I got the "Lifetime Offer" email and, today, I received the same email as you. Unless I'm mistaken, if I pay the reduced price of $199 to upgrade my current Platinum to the "New Platinum", I may "own it" (which I do now), but my updates still cease after 365 days (which is where I am now). Can anyone explain why I should jump on this "reduced price before the May 1 price increase"? I would like to think that 20 years of annual upgrades would afford me a version of Platinum that would get any updates that came along after I paid the $199. This post is meant as a question, NOT as a complaint. If paying to upgrade from Sonar Platinum to Sonar Platinum for $199 (for free updates for a year) is a good deal, so be it! 🕵🏻 Thanks to anyone who can offer some insight to me.

Intel i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10 GHz x64-based//12GB RAM//Intel HD Graphics 4600//Seagate 2TB HD//WD 1TB HD//Windows 10 Home//Sonar Platinum 2017.3//
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 17:06:42 (permalink)
    the mailing list has always been a bit random

just a sec

Brian Walton
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 17:12:50 (permalink)
    dhsherbert
    Scott,

I, also, get many emails from Cakewalk (from my first purchase back in the early 90s). At 67 years old, I pretty much use Sonar Platinum (yep, always enticed to upgrade to the "latest & greatest") for a hobby and producing tracks for our church. Last cycle, I didn't upgrade to the latest release of Sonar Platinum, because frankly, my budget no longer allows for it. Then I got the "Lifetime Offer" email and, today, I received the same email as you. Unless I'm mistaken, if I pay the reduced price of $199 to upgrade my current Platinum to the "New Platinum", I may "own it" (which I do now), but my updates still cease after 365 days (which is where I am now). Can anyone explain why I should jump on this "reduced price before the May 1 price increase"? I would like to think that 20 years of annual upgrades would afford me a version of Platinum that would get any updates that came along after I paid the $199. This post is meant as a question, NOT as a complaint. If paying to upgrade from Sonar Platinum to Sonar Platinum for $199 (for free updates for a year) is a good deal, so be it! 🕵🏻 Thanks to anyone who can offer some insight to me.

I think the email is more relevant to those on a legacy product (X3 or older).  If you are on Plat already you have the option in the future to upgrade at a reduced price later.  
    dlesaux
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1034
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 18:24:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Starise 2017/04/12 14:15:48
    Extra emails don't bother me much.. I'd rather have Cakewalk over-communicate versus under-communicate! 

Peace!
    Daniel

Sonar Platinum - 2017.10 and PreSonus Studio One 3.5.5
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Studiocat Skylake Desktop PC with Intel i7 6700k processor @ 4.20 GHz / 16G RAM 
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface and Cakewalk UM-2G Midi Interface

Check out my website
    Leadfoot
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2817
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 18:52:19 (permalink)
    Funny, I've been a loyal customer from sonar 6 Producer, X1 Producer, X1 Expanded, X3 Producer, and Platinum(updated yearly). I never get emails, even though I'm subscribed.
    paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/04 21:03:59 (permalink)
    Leadfoot
    Funny, I've been a loyal customer from sonar 6 Producer, X1 Producer, X1 Expanded, X3 Producer, and Platinum(updated yearly). I never get emails, even though I'm subscribed.

I've had more since I bought Plat lifetime than I ever had in all the years before in total. Whatever "system" they have has always been a shambles . 

As for this latest one.....hmm let me see....would I like to be an unpaid Sonar salesman ? Erm, well as tempting as that might seem, I think I'm going to go with...............

No.

I could give a longer answer than that, but the forum software would reduce it to mostly *'s.

Kamikaze
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/05 05:32:20 (permalink)
    Leadfoot

Yeah this was the problem I alluded to that I had in the past. I've dropped off the email sysetm and couple of times. IF the system believes you've un-subscribed, it won't let you re-subscribe, even though you can still select the box (It just won't do work).

You need to put in a tech support request, and they'll contact their mailing distributor. Even though they thought they'd fixed it before, for me, it hadn't. Took weeks to resolve last time.

AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/05 14:25:51 (permalink)
    I seldom get those emails, tho I'm on the list for PR.  I've missed several sales so yes, Cake's email is hit or miss.  Maybe they are trying to standardize things and get everyone on the same master list except for me?

To paraphrase Mic Jagger, "Oh, baby, its only a delete away."

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    pwalpwal
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/05 14:27:31 (permalink)
    Kamikaze
    You need to put in a tech support request, and they'll contact their mailing distributor. Even though they thought they'd fixed it before, for me, it hadn't. Took weeks to resolve last time.

i hope they give their "mailing distributor" a slap, cos they're rubbish

just a sec

Brian Walton
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/05 15:04:28 (permalink)
    paulo
    Leadfoot

I've had more since I bought Plat lifetime than I ever had in all the years before in total. Whatever "system" they have has always been a shambles . 

As for this latest one.....hmm let me see....would I like to be an unpaid Sonar salesman ? Erm, well as tempting as that might seem, I think I'm going to go with...............

No.

I could give a longer answer than that, but the forum software would reduce it to mostly *'s.

If every Lifetime user would recommend the product to their friends, I don't think the return would be "unpaid" I'd expect that the added revenue would enable Cake to add resources to the company to make the product even better as well as be in the market for longer.  

Sending an email to friends with a coupon for a discount for a product you use and believe in would have taken about as long to do as your post about how you don't want to be "unpaid" to help the company.  Just some perspective. 
    pwalpwal
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/05 15:09:41 (permalink)
    i read the "lifetime users" thing as being a beta-test team (in every way but "name"), with the lifetime updates being the payback for that

just a sec

paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/05 19:50:58 (permalink)
    Brian Walton
    paulo
    Leadfoot

No.

If every Lifetime user would recommend the product to their friends, I don't think the return would be "unpaid" I'd expect that the added revenue would enable Cake to add resources to the company to make the product even better as well as be in the market for longer.  

Sending an email to friends with a coupon for a discount for a product you use and believe in would have taken about as long to do as your post about how you don't want to be "unpaid" to help the company.  Just some perspective. 

Can I interest you in some magic beans ? 
    Kamikaze
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/12 07:52:55 (permalink)
    And another email.

I think they should at least have separate emails listings for technical and sales emails. So we can unsubscribe from one or the other

rebel007
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 926
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/12 08:30:36 (permalink)
    I remember saying 'no' to advertising emails when I purchased Sonar 8.0. Then I remember thinking I was missing out on deals that members were being notified by email and the newsletter. Then I couldn't get the newsletter and emails reinstated. It took an email to cakewalk to get these back. Now I thank my lucky stars I am an informed cakewalkian (is that even a word).

Home Built Desktop Computer: Intel Core i5 750: 4Mb RAM: NVidia 210 Silent: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum: Roland OctaCapture
    Presario CQ41 Laptop: Intel Core i5 760: 4Mb RAM: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum (Retired)
    CbB on HP Pavilion Laptop 64bit: GeForce Video Card: Intel 8550: 256GB SSD 1TB Data Drive: Windows10 64bit
    Kamikaze
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/12 09:54:42 (permalink)
    Yeah, when you unsubscribe it's a pain to re-subscribe. Whihc is why I'm going nowhere near that option, unless you could unsubscribe from types of emails.

chuckebaby
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/12 11:25:13 (permalink)
    You can probably use the filter option in your Email settings to filter certain words like Sales, exc.
    They will go directly to trash bin. Cakewalk isn't like any other company though. There is some company's I've subscribed to that sends me sales emails almost every week.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

JohnEgan
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 543
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/12 12:42:12 (permalink)
    chuckebaby
     There is some company's I've subscribed to that sends me sales emails almost every week.

LOL, I wont hazard a guess, (but would say many companies, some several times a week), thankfully my email software has a great function, its called delete.
    Conversely, I hear a lot people have been getting "bumped" off United Airlines subscriber lists, somewhat violently.

Cheers 

John Egan
    Sonar Platinum (2017-10),RME-UFX, PC-CPU - i7-5820, 3.3 GHz, 6 core, ASUS X99-AII, 16GB ram, GTX 960, 500 GB SSD, 2TB HDD x 2, Win7 Pro x64,  O8N2 Advanced, Melodyne Studio,.... (2 cats :(,  in the yard).

Studioguy1
    • Total Posts : 244
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/12 19:21:48 (permalink)
    The answer is no.  The idea is to keep you abreast of what is happening and perhaps you will recommend Sonar Platinum to a friend or two.  I certainly have.  Let's face it, I would much rather know they still have me on the list then to be totally forgotten by them.  I have picked up some nice pieces of info in some of those emails.  Of course, you could just block them in your email setup, but I honestly believe you would be the loser in the long run.

Current happy user of Cakewalk by BandLab;
    Former Sonar Platinum lifetime plan;
    Okie Duke, The Duke Of The Lehigh Valley
    Sound Syndicate Studios-Recording and Production
    HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 8 Gb ram
    Windows 7 Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
     2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM
    Hitachi [Hard drive] (750.16 GB)
    - 2 Tb external Drive - U-Phoria UMC204HD usb - Triton Keyboard - and much more.
    Blue Clown Records Ltd
    Blue Clown Publishing BMI
    Okie Duke Promotions Ltd
    Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 80
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/13 00:10:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Kamikaze 2017/04/13 00:15:33
    Kamikaze

Sorry about that! We've tried very hard to segment everyone appropriately. I'll look into it shortly.

Alex Westner
    VP Product Strategy & Innovation

Kamikaze
    Re: Can cakewalk please stop emailing me to buy Sonar 2017/04/13 00:16:06 (permalink)
    Thank you Alex

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1