Help with Jam Origin

Author
Acheraydo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2017/04/12 21:49:18 (permalink)

Help with Jam Origin

I downloaded the Demo version of Jam Origin on my Imac, I can open the JO window and hear the Midi piano sound when played using my guitar. I wanted to test it tracking in Logic Pro X but J.O. does not show up in Logic Pro. Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

9 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/12 23:02:08 (permalink)
    May be a problem with the demo version, see http://www.jamorigin.com/docs/daw/#toggle-id-3

Acheraydo
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/13 02:05:26 (permalink)
    Scook, Thanks  for your reply, I’ll check the link soon. Today somehow I was able to control midi with my guitar on Logic Pro , although Jam Origin did not show under Audio units in Logic and the tracking was very jittery, with a lot of unintended notes being trigered randomly out of control, resulting in a   recorded track that when played back it was nothing near what I played while recording. At least  JO seems to work allowing me to access the midi instruments from Logic with my guitar. Thanks again.
    lonerjack
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/13 07:12:22 (permalink)
    That app is bugged as hell so i would not expect miracles from it ;d
    Acheraydo
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/13 11:56:06 (permalink)
    Hi lonerjack, can you elaborate a bit on your experience of what you refer as a bugged app. Thanks
    Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/13 12:37:06 (permalink)
    lonerjack

I completely disagree. I've been using this app ever since the early Beta days and it's been very stable. In the distant past, whenever a bug was encountered, the developer was fairly quick to getting it resolved. 

Of course, I think that most of us here that use it are on Windows and I'm not familiar with how well it works on a Mac. I would definitely let the developer know the issues you're running into .......he's been pretty good with customer service.
    Hopefully, someone else who uses Mac will chime in.

Also, don't forget that you'll have to slightly adjust your playing technique to avoid getting unintentional notes as well as adjusting to whatever the synth's limitations are.  

Best of luck Acheraydo!! 

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Acheraydo
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/13 17:09:27 (permalink)
    Thanks to everybody who has already responded. I Hope some Mac user will show up get me out of the woods :)

vintagevibe
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2446
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/14 07:09:41 (permalink)
    lonerjack

It's been rock solid for me for a very long time. And actually, you should expect miracles from it. It's the best guitar to MIDI solution on the market IMO.
    Acheraydo
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/21 22:04:13 (permalink)
    A new question regarding JO and DAW. While still JO does not show up in Logic I can  record/track. The problem now is that many random unintended notes (that I never played) are being triggered out of control together with what i am actually playing, as you can imaging when playing back the recorded track is just a mess of chaotic sounds. Tried tweaking te Midid velocitysettings in JO, still no improvement. Any suggestions are well appreciated. Thanks.
    kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re: Help with Jam Origin 2017/04/21 23:46:45 (permalink)
    Acheraydo
    A new question regarding JO and DAW. While still JO does not show up in Logic I can  record/track. The problem now is that many random unintended notes (that I never played) are being triggered out of control together with what i am actually playing, as you can imaging when playing back the recorded track is just a mess of chaotic sounds. Tried tweaking te Midid velocitysettings in JO, still no improvement. Any suggestions are well appreciated. Thanks.

Did you set MIDI Guitar  up as suggested here ? 
    http://www.jamorigin.com/docs/daw/#toggle-id-3

Here's a post in a thread I started on how I use Midi Guitar ( I prefer to use it standalone on Mac and PC )
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3580819
    If you haven't seen the thread before you may even decide to read the whole thread ..its short ...

as far as all the unintended notes ? I have no idea how well you play the guitar
    One thing is for sure , if you want better results using a guitar to trigger Midi you will have to make a concerted effort to clean up your guitar playing ...
    Now I'm not saying you don't know how to play ..what I'm saying is Midi Guitar is pretty sensitive and little pic hits and unintended fret noises, ghost notes on chords and any other number of things may slip through and trigger a false note that will show up ....

Also it's a good idea to have an understanding of what is reasonable and what is not ...
    If your a rhythmic chord player and you like to strum hard ...forgetaboutit ....

I have been playing / using a Midi Guitar since 1982 ...my start was w hardware obviously & I still have hardware .

A number of years ago I had gotten Jam Origins MIDI GUITAR . I much prefer it over hardware ...
    The thing is even about 2 years ago I found it very difficult to use MIDI GUITAR for my finger-style Jazz guitar playing ... it was not due to a lack of CHOPS over here on my end
    The simple fact of the matter is there is a lot of potential tapped and untapped when it comes to using Jam Origins MIDI GUITAR ...in the past few releases they had dialed in the plug in ways I find to be amazing ...
    I can do things now I couldn't do using MIDI GUITAR only because they have constantly improved the tracking and functionality of the program ...
    My suggestion to you would be once you get up and running , start practicing while using MIDI GUITAR triggering all types of different types of synth patches ...
    I know that helps get a feel for how it's gonna track and how you will need to adjust your playing to get a satisfying
    result...
    another thing you can do is to slow down the track you are playing to ..if the tune is at 120 bpm and you can play your midi guitar parts cleanly at a slower tempo that may help you make some progress ...

good luck ,

Kenny

post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2017/04/22 00:15:49

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1