Help With Melodyne Apply Region Tempo

Author
superdan54
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 526
2017/04/13 04:49:47 (permalink)

Help With Melodyne Apply Region Tempo

I have a free form project I'm wanting to create a tempo map for. In Melodyne, the tempo is mapped out perfectly. However, when I select the "Apply Region Tempo" option, it always creates a tempo map starting at measure 1, regardless of where the track starts in my project. My project starts at measure 3, and has a couple pickup beats leading into that. Melodyne correctly detects the pickup beats and the first measure, but that does not translate to the export. This makes the project not align at all with Melodyne's imported tempo map and it quickly gets out of sync. So a couple questions:

1. How do I set the measure so that it matches up with 1st beat detected by Melodyne? I've Set Measure/Beat at Now, but that just inserts new tempo entries that get overwritten when I import the tempo map.

2. Can I insert a tempo entry that shifts the other entries over instead of overwriting them? Is there a better solution to my dilemma above?

4 Replies Related Threads

superdan54
    Re: Help With Melodyne Apply Region Tempo 2017/04/14 05:36:25 (permalink)
    OK so the above may have been a little confusing. Maybe some visuals would help?

Here's the track I've converted to a Region FX, in order to extract a tempo map:

the Imported ARA track now looks like this after choosing the assign file tempo option. It recognizes the pickup beat and correctly identifies the first measure:

When select the Apply Region Tempo (or simply drag the ARA track onto the timeline), it exports the tempo map. However the tempo map starts at measure 1:1, whereas the track itself begins around measure 3, as seen above:

So 1. How to I make the tempo map "wait" for the actual track to start and also account for the pickup beat and
    2. How to I set the transient point to be the first measure once a tempo map has been created. If I use the "Assign Measure/Beat to Now" option I get an error message that says "Invalid measure and/or beat. The tempo required for that location is out of range".
    superdan54
    Re: Help With Melodyne Apply Region Tempo 2017/04/18 17:02:43 (permalink)
    Anyone else have this problem? I'm at a loss...:(
    reginaldStjohn
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 485
    Re: Help With Melodyne Apply Region Tempo 2017/04/18 19:34:28 (permalink)
    I don't have any experience with this personally but I am wondering if, as a work around, you can cut and past the tempo data in the temp view and move it to where you want it?

AMD Phenom II x6, 8 GB Ram, 2 Internal SATA III HD
    Windows 10
    Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2 Interface/Mixer
    Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
    Line6 Helix Guitar Processor 
    Custom Made (El Bandito) Telecaster
    LTD ESP EC-1000
    PRS El Torrero SE
    superdan54
    Re: Help With Melodyne Apply Region Tempo 2017/04/18 22:11:07 (permalink)
    reginaldStjohn
    I don't have any experience with this personally but I am wondering if, as a work around, you can cut and past the tempo data in the temp view and move it to where you want it?

Is that possible? The tempo map created hundreds of entries so I couldn't move each one, but if there was a way to mass cut/paste that would be great!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1