Comping hell: sections gets randomly "muted" on playback

Author
yummay
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 396
2017/04/13 14:36:12 (permalink)

Comping hell: sections gets randomly "muted" on playback

Hello Sonarites

I'm having a hard time with Comping these days. My problem seems a little random as I cannot find a list of actions to perform to reproduce it 100% of the times. Have anybody else encountered this? Here it goes...

On playback (or when flattening a comp), a section of that track's "edited" take lane that should play is NOT playing about 60% of the times. How come? My comp is correct (all relevant data is promoted properly, since it works the other 40% of the time...)

- Because I tried to edit clips in the lane instead of just using the MUTE tool?
- Because, when I edited the lane, I switched between the SMART tool and the COMP tool without fully being aware of it when I did?
- Because the TRACK's output is assigned to an AUX track before going to the Bus/Master bus?
- Because I can still notice that when toggling SOLO I still sometimes get some weird reactions from SONAR? It is as if contradictory SOLO statuses were stuck somehow on different "levels" of the audio chain (lane, track, plugin views, patch points, bus, master... I really do not have a clue...)

Here is a capture of my problem. Note that audio is present on the other lanes but it is NOT on the final flattened comp (remember that the same problem also occurs on regular lanes playback, as mentionned above)

Yummay,
Amuses-gueules sonores
Bite-sized sounds and harmonic entrées

Dell Studio 1747 (I7), Tascam US20x20, Yamaha 01v96V2 / Behringer ADA 8000, Godin LGXT+ Roland GR-09, Behringer Motor 49. Windows 10 (64), Sonar Platinum, Komplete 10, Sound Forge 10, Vegas pro 9, Waves Gold.

1 Reply Related Threads

yummay
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 396
    Re: Comping hell: sections gets randomly "muted" on playback 2017/04/13 14:55:36 (permalink)
    Also, I am confirming a problem with the SOLO status with the flatten COMPS vs general SOLO toggling...

Just a minute ago, i worked on my flattened guitar tracks (just confirmed that only the flattened LANE was in SOLO far the track). Afterwards, I switched VIEWS, SCREENSETS (not using LENSES yet) and when i hitted playback again, i had noise that I had previously edited out. Checked my tracks again and the flattened LANES were not in solo anymore (so, I was hearing all take lanes strangely...) I'm not sure what I have done in my workflow to be in that situation...

Yummay,
    Amuses-gueules sonores
    Bite-sized sounds and harmonic entrées

Dell Studio 1747 (I7), Tascam US20x20, Yamaha 01v96V2 / Behringer ADA 8000, Godin LGXT+ Roland GR-09, Behringer Motor 49. Windows 10 (64), Sonar Platinum, Komplete 10, Sound Forge 10, Vegas pro 9, Waves Gold.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1