Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10)

Author
Stephan_O
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2017/04/14 07:47:51 (permalink)

Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10)

Happy Eastern to the Forum,
I turn to the Forum asking for help with a Problem that occurs nearly everytime I try to use Sonar and try to make some Music in my spare Time.
Whenever I try to start Sonar, the Start-up Process is Canceled and the System is giving me the Error Message: Sonarpro.exe funktioniert nicht mehr (Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly). Then the Program closes/crashes...
This happend 4 out of 5 Times in the Past and again a couple of days ago, when i did the March Update and updated Windows 10 to the Creators Upgrade.

My Machine: Self-build Windows 10 System, Intel i7-7700, 32GB RAM, build-in Intel Graphics, Samsung 960 NVMe SSD, Cakewalk V-Studio 100 -> using only the Input Ports with Drum Machine, Bass + Pre-Amp.

What I tried so far:
- de-installed Sonar via the Command Center and deleting all the registry keys, the folders and the roaming folder (as suggested in the Knowledge Base Article). Re-installed Sonar afterwards through the Command Center (latest Version)
- re-installed Windows from Scratch, installation of only the Updates provided in "Windows Update", installation of all the necessary Drivers and then installed Sonar through the Command Center (latest Version: 23.3.0.51)
- granted Admin-Rights and running Sonar in Compatibility Mode for both Windows 7 and Windows 8
- granted full rights/privileges for all Users (Admin, User, Authenticated User, myself)
- tried to start sonar from both the desktop icon, as well as trying to start it through the command center. tried to start it with Shift+Double-Click

I downloaded the Demoversion of Studio One the other Day and was able to record a basic song. V-Studio 100 works with Studio One. Input and Output Ports, MIDI: No Problems so far. So I guess the Problem is with Sonar and not with my (self-build) Machine.

I must admit, I run out of Patience with Sonar. I am studying Electrical Engineering beside work and most of the Time, when i got some free Space in my Calender and try to make some music, Sonar is letting me down. And that is, after I spent nearly 1000€ on Cakewalk Products (V-Studio 100, Cakewalk Sonar Pro plus one 12 Month renewal, different Books on Sonar, because I really wanted to dive into it...and so on). To be honest, I have been working as a Field Support Technician/ 2nd-Level-Supporter for more than 12 Years now and I never ran into these kinds of Problems I cannot solve. Reminds me of the Problems I had with some obscure German Audio-Software way back with Windows 98...

I hope someone here can provide a Solution or has an educated guess about what`s going on.
I appreciate all help...

Happy Eastern again from Germany.
Regards,
Stephan 

7 Replies Related Threads

ampfixer
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5508
    Re: Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10) 2017/04/14 17:16:54 (permalink)
    Thank you for the holiday wishes.  You have done everything I would do with the reinstall and I don't see anything in your system that would cause a problem. The only thing I can see is your use of compatibility mode. Sonar fully supports win 10 so there's no need to use it. Sorry I don't have more.

Regards, John 
     I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
    WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
    dlion16
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 391
    Re: Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10) 2017/04/14 20:23:44 (permalink)
    After that upgrade, I had to reinstall my audio device driver, roll back my video display driver, disable hdaudio device. 
    +1 don't use compatibility mode. 
    Try running sonar as administrator. 
    All I can think of. 

SONAR Platinum Lifetime 64-bit; Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd Gen.; KRK Rokit 5; ASUS P9X79; INTEL I7-3820 3.6 GHZ;
    850 WATT POWER SUPPLY; EVGA NVIDIA GTX560 TI 1GB;
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit; 32GB RAM;
    2 Internal SSD Drives, 3 External USB drives.
    Stephan_O
    Re: Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10) 2017/04/14 21:07:50 (permalink)
    Thanks so far for your help. I normally tried to start sonar without the compatibility modes, but because of the Problem i tried them nonetheless. I do start it with admin privileges (granted full privileges for all users).
    I did de- and re-install the V-Studio 100, deactivated the Realtek build-in Soundcard and updated all the drivers in my system.
    Nothing helps.
    As I said, I tested Studio One and everything works fine. Latency Mon gives me the best results. So I don`t think the Problem is with my Hardware.
    I configured and tested this PC thoroughly as a DAW. No additional Software that could come in the way. Just Windows and Sonar. Even after a new Windows 10 Installation from Scratch, I could not get Sonar starting up.
    Maybe there are some "secret" Reg-Keys I could try? A Work-around in the Installation Process (but how? I install it via the Command Center, so...)
    The only thing I possibly count as a sign that there is something wrong: whenever I try to start Sonar for the first Time, a Window pops up, saying that some Files are copied from <location> to <location>. Is this normal Behavior?

Regards,
    Stephan
    emwhy
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1402
    Re: Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10) 2017/04/14 21:53:03 (permalink)
    OK I had some SONAR issues a few weeks back due to corruption of the C++ 2013 library. In my case NOT running as Admin was the only was I could do to get around things. Try that at first, also try repairing/updating the C++ 2013 package both x86 and x64....that's a bit of a stab in the dark, but it may help. You can google the links for that make sure you download from Microsoft.

Stephan_O
    Re: Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10) 2017/04/15 07:59:38 (permalink)
    Again, thanks for all the help of you guys. I repaired the c++-2013 packages, followed the instructions for a clean install of all cakewalk software again. no solution.

i opened a ticket with cakewalk support the day before yesterday and i am waiting for their reply.when they can come up with a solution within the next 2 weeks, i will use sonar, when they don`t, i will purchase the full version of studio one.

I mean seriously, wtf? I bought the V-Studio, Sonar Pro and the Books for 1000€. Money I did not necessarily had back then. i even did purchase a new 12 month membership, although i had problems with starting up sonar in the past. I am trying to get this software running permanently (not from time to time) for over a year now. the reason I purchased Cakewalk Products is that they always tell you that they are a "Windows Company". I assumed, when they are a "windows company", one could expect decent software that would be running smoothly together with Windows...

I was looking forward to make some tracks over the easter holidays and the Software won`t even start up.
    A shot in the oven.1000€...

Nonetheless, thanks for trying to help during holiday season.

Regards,
    Stephan
    beegee
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10) 2017/04/15 11:19:39 (permalink)
    How frustrating for you. I guess you have tried it without the V studio connected and then with a different USB port. The copying files you mention does happen the first time you open the software.

You can install without the Command Center - download the software and complete an offline activation - but you might still get the error.

If you're on Facebook there is a group that might be able to help you:

I hope you can get the problem sorted.

School Lab 18 x Intel i7, 8GB RAM, W7 Ultimate, Sonar Producer X1, Sibelius7, Acid Pro 7, BIAB 2013, FL Studio
    Stephan_O
    Re: Sonarpro.exe doesn`t work correctly. The Program will be closed (Windows 10) 2017/04/15 13:59:16 (permalink)
    Thanks to everyone who took their time to respond to my problem. i really appreciate it.

I finally solved the problem. I did a reset of the OS out of Windows with deleting all personal files , folders and settings and then reinstalled sonar.
    It`s finally working
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1