Can I sell or Transfer my unused License?

Author
Audioicon
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 349
2017/04/14 17:09:10 (permalink)

Can I sell or Transfer my unused License?

I stopped using Sonar for about 8 years, however during that time I always paid for upgrades and new software, even though I never took it out of the plastic.

I am not really interested in selling, never really sold anything but I have Sonar in a plastic as arrived and not using it, can I give this to someone? Okay maybe I cannot sell it but can I give it to my fellow struggling musician?

I am currently using Platinum.

Thanks

5 Replies Related Threads

Zargg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10666
    Re: Can I sell or Transfer my unused License? 2017/04/14 17:18:40 (permalink)
    Hi. If purchased as a part of, or as an upgrade, it is not resealable.
    If purchased as a new product, and never registered, you might be able to sell it.
    Others will know better.
    All the best.

Ken Nilsen
    Zargg
    BBZ
    Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
    Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Can I sell or Transfer my unused License? 2017/04/14 17:43:51 (permalink)
    Assuming as Zargg wrote, you purchased a retail copy of a Cakewalk DAW one time then purchased upgrades through Platinum, you only have one license. If you were to transfer any version, whether registered or not, you would have to transfer your license as well. IOW, after the transfer you would no longer have a license for any of the products from the original purchase through Platinum.

If all the purchases were full retail purchases and not upgrades and never registered, you may dispose of them as you wish.
    Audioicon
    Re: Can I sell or Transfer my unused License? 2017/04/14 17:59:31 (permalink)
    Zargg
    Hi. If purchased as a part of, or as an upgrade, it is not resealable.
    If purchased as a new product, and never registered, you might be able to sell it.
    Others will know better.
    All the best.

Thanks, I think one was new because Cakewalk mailed me the Physical Installation Disc in the mail. Which is why I asked. I am cleaning and realized I never opened the packaged. I have friends who are recording and I was thinking I could simply give it to someone else. I think it is 8.5 or X1 not sure but it was never opened.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Can I sell or Transfer my unused License? 2017/04/14 18:06:19 (permalink)
    All upgrades prior to SONAR 8 shipped on disks and most were visually similar to the retail versions. SONAR 8.5 was available on disk and download (although the download still required the SONAR 8 disks). The X1 upgrade was available on disk and download (first full download version). Giving the 8.5 or X1 upgrade disks to another will require you to give them your license too. The same license which permits you to use Platinum. Two users may not share the same license.
    Audioicon
    Re: Can I sell or Transfer my unused License? 2017/04/14 18:54:47 (permalink)
    scook
    All upgrades prior to SONAR 8 shipped on disks and most were visually similar to the retail versions. SONAR 8.5 was available on disk and download (although the download still required the SONAR 8 disks). The X1 upgrade was available on disk and download (first full download version). Giving the 8.5 or X1 upgrade disks to another will require you to give them your license too. The same license which permits you to use Platinum. Two users may not share the same license.

Thanks for the explanation:
    Looks like I have found a cool Sonar Beer Coaster! 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1