Platinum: Bugs in the Staff View related to lyrics and expression notation.

Author
huviolan
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2017/04/17 18:57:42 (permalink)

Platinum: Bugs in the Staff View related to lyrics and expression notation.

Hi, My name is Hugo
I am am using Sonar Platinum update 2017.03, (really great, by the way!), and Cakewalk products since 1992 at least!
I (humildyly) consider myself an advanced user of Sonar in general.
I hope you please excuse my english and understand my writing anyway!
My OS is windows 10, 8GB ram, and I am working with a lap top Dell latitude E5430.

I am a chorus director and a musical arrangments composer, and I use the staff-view a lot for writing the arrangment parts for the singers, before sending them in midi form for them to learn them.
That´s why the following is really important for my job, and mainly because with the old Sonar 5 Producer I have been using since the last years until now, I had none of this problemas!

So...I´ve detected those bugs in the staff view in Sonar Platinum 2017.03 (at least that´s whats seems to me, after a lot of hours trying of solving them by myself!)

Bug number 1- What I ve found is that there is an overlap betwen the lyrics notation and the expression notation ,( which sould be under the former). Well, the fact is that if you increase the font of the lyrics writing, you get an overlap.
By the way...I´ve just jumped from Sonar 5 Producer to Platinun (I love sonar 5 producer because it is really solid rocck!!) and that issue was not present in 5 producer.

Bug number 2 -At the same time, another bug with the staff view is taht there is no way to get the fonts in italic in any of the writings (lyrics, expresions, etc) The font just dont change when you select Italics from the seleccion dialog in the edit layout. That was working too in sonar 5 producer. I have no idea how was it in the versions betwen sonar 5 producer and platinum, because i never used them.

Bug number 3- when you select the Lyrics button in the staff view for start writing the words of the song, you get a shadow all over the staff leaving in white just the area where the lyrics shoud be written, ok? Well, if you scroll the view , just for going to other staff, (in multi-staff view, for example), the shadow mask dont move with it !! So, you get the mask and the lines of the staff really out of coincidence!! 

Summarizing... Please, take a look at this problems and let me know if there is any posibility of solution in some near future, or if I should go back to use my old and loved Sonar 5 Producer....

Thanks in advance and ...here i am for any question regarding all of the above.

Hugo,
Buenos Aires
Argentina

3 Replies Related Threads

huviolan
    Re: Platinum: Bugs in the Staff View related to lyrics and expression notation. 2017/04/24 19:39:15 (permalink)
    Hi.
    Well, already a week, more than 50 views but... not even an answer!.
    It seems that my post (and my problem!) is just another boring subject, or that nobody from cakewalk it's interested not even a bit, at least to give a polite answer saying..."sorry...we don´t care about it".
    It´s really a pity.
    It used to be a great company...and a great product too...

kevinwal
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1066
    Re: Platinum: Bugs in the Staff View related to lyrics and expression notation. 2017/04/24 21:52:41 (permalink)
    Hi, Hugo, your English is perfectly understandable, well done.

I would not worry too much about the lack of discussion here, this is a problem report forum, not a general discussion area, and the issues you are reporting may be well-known to the Cakewalk staff and other staff view users. I don't know if they are or not by my feeling is that the users who would be interested in these issues just haven't come along yet, so perhaps a little patience is in order.

Now that you've logged the problem here, you might consider going to the main forum and talk to other Staff View users about possible workarounds, and perhaps to gather support in the form of up-votes on your post here. The more the user community supports your issue, the higher it will rise on the Cakewalk to-do list.

Good luck!

Kevin Walsh
    My latest tunes are at Reverbnation, please give a listen!

EVGA X58 Classified III, 24GB Kingston RAM, i7/970 6 core
    256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    Windows 10 Build 10586, Sonar Platinum, 2016.03
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    huviolan
    Re: Platinum: Bugs in the Staff View related to lyrics and expression notation. 2017/04/27 00:42:03 (permalink)
    I Kevin!
    Thanks a lot for your answer ...and advice. I will take it and I will post this on the sonar forum, to share it with the community, just waiting for somebody else having the same situation or for some addvices , workaround or tips to survive until someone from Cakewalk  take the subject for studying it and try to fix it.
    Regards and again...thanks for your time answering me!

Hugo
    Buenos Aires 
    Argentina.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1