PRV Controller editing not working in certain projects (solved)

Author
sklathill
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 143
2017/04/18 19:42:58 (permalink)

PRV Controller editing not working in certain projects (solved)

EDIT:  Seems the discrepancy is between old and new projects. In old projects, the tools aren't working right, for some unknown reason.

https://youtu.be/lSq31vH2VgU

SOLUTION: Disable the Track Filter in PRV

Original post below:

Really struggling with the new Sonar...  I can't seem to edit controller data very easily.

1) Is there a way draw over existing CC data such that it erases what was there previously?

Before, if I drew over a section of CC data, it would remove everything that was there in the time span that I was drawing in.  Mostly useful. I'd like to get that again, but can't figure this out. This something I'm using quite often for smoothing out my fader moves or breath controller data after I've recorded it in.

2) Is there a way to move CCs in time and value?

I can select CCs, and I can move them back and forward time with the nudge keys...  but I can't seem to drag them in time or up and down in value. Before I use to be able to select and drag move CC events around the lane in time and in value.

Man, it's amazing how much I've stuck with Sonar. Thinking about, it's pretty ridiculous that I have to resort to lots of Run CAL script actions for CC scaling when I should be able to a few select and click drag motions to shape my CC data.
post edited by sklathill - 2017/04/18 23:07:50

2 Replies Related Threads

promidi
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1220
    Re: PRV Controller editing 2017/04/18 22:01:12 (permalink)
    I do agree with you that Sonar needs some form of horizontal and vertical controller scaling ability.  I too resort to CALS and Studioware combo to achieve this in PRV.

As regards Drawing to override previous event, I just use Draw mode rather than the smart tool.  I have assigned the "d" key to select the draw tool.  I am getting the hang of this.  Using right mouse to erase is handy as well.

To increase all selected controller event values, select the smart tool (I have assigned the "s" key to select the smart tool), and position the mouse pointer just above a selected event (you will see the mouse pointer change) and hold down the mouse button while dragging.  Sadly, holding down CTRL while doing this does not vertically scale the events like it would velocities (I would put a feature request but I can't stand the Bakery) .  If you want to restrain the movement to horizontal - just hold down shift while moving the controllers.  Also, there is no way, using the mouse,  to horizontally scale selected controller event values.  The way to do this numerically is to selected the events you wish to horizontally scale, and then use the Process | Length function to do the scaling.

Hope that helps
    post edited by promidi - 2017/04/18 23:21:23

Windows 10 64bit fully patched, 16 gig ram . 
    PCR-800 Controller.  (Working in Win 10 1809 64bit)
    CPU: i5 4670. 
    Video: Nvidia GTX560ti (latest drivers).
    Audio IF: Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen

Internet always on.

Software
    : Cakewalk by Bandlab (2018.09 B29)
    ASIO mode. 24bit 48khz 256 samples 
    Rapture Pro, AAS GS2, VS-3, EP-4, VA-2, Chromophone 2, Z3TA+ 2, Addictive drums 2, Addictive Keys, Mpowersynth (latest), Iris 2, GPO5, Sampletank 3,
    sklathill
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 143
    Re: PRV Controller editing 2017/04/18 22:56:46 (permalink)
    Okay... I figured out something.

I started a new blank project, and yes, working with CCs is exactly what you describe.

Unfortunately, I've got a MIDI project that I'm many days into and the tools do not effect the CCs the way that I expect them to.  And I have no idea what to do to get it back to working the way it should. I'm going to try recording a video of what I'm seeing and hopefully that would help... :/

https://youtu.be/lSq31vH2VgU

Long story short: I start a new project and tools work as expected.  Old project from before I updated?  They don't work.  Any ideas?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1