AnsweredPlatinum for Mac ain't happening

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Platinum for Mac ain't happening 2017/04/22 11:50:50 (permalink)
ampfixer
I'm finding it hard to work with Sonar on 2 different PC's. The thought of working across 2 platforms gives me the shakes. I don't know why folks are so stuck on the PC/Mac wars. IF I had a MAc I'd be very happy using logic Pro because it's really good and very affordable.

I think the new Sonar direction sucks if you didn't grab lifetime updates. It's like buying Logic Pro every year! The features they are rolling out seem to have nothing to do with the features most people have requested and every month you have to spin the wheel to see how it will run.

There's something to be said for familiarity and stability. We don't have that anymore. I think Bapu has been stomping on toes upstairs because he craves the attention and want to make the other kids cry. The only thing wrong with Apple is the folks that manage the company.

Agreed. I'm glad I paid for lifetime, so I can stop giving anymore money. I was feeling sour about a number of things they pay no interest in whilst claiming 'They listened to us" (Funny that listening was for the mac), yet not listening to so much. The features request section was simply ignored, and moving it to Sour Dough room to ferment seems to have taken it out of the equation. I had stopped posting there and saved myself the effort of meaningless voting long before it's moved.

Now I don't pay anymore money to them I'm not so invested in what they do. They have done some strange things including good things in the past 2 years. I don't care so much as before.

bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Platinum for Mac ain't happening 2017/04/24 16:42:29 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz

Would you like it if Harrison dropped the ball w Mixbus on PC and decided to put it out only for Mac ?

Apples and oranges Kenny.

Sonar4Mac was a promise but at the time of a promise it was vaporware as far as I was concerned. 

In the case of Mixbus 3 for PC, it exists now and I have a license to use it. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if they dropped the PC version in the future but even if they did I'd have still the software in it's current state to use from that day forward. And they'd simply not get another of dollar of my money (without ****ing and telling people to go EFF off).

If after Mixbus 2.5 they never came out with V3 for the PC I still would not have been in the position to complain or be upset. Why? Because I did not buy V2.5 on the PC on the premise I would get V3 on the PC. I owned a v2.5 license long before they even announced V3. I did not (and never will) buy into vaporware. 

A more appropriate comparison would be if V2.5 of Mixbus was only on the Mac and they announced they would have a "free version" of v3.0 for the PC if I bought Mac V2.5. Kenny, you know what? I would not have purchased V2.5 (only) on the Mac chomping at the bit for a PC version. I would have waited and made my purchase when it actually existed. Maybe because I'm a software developer I fully grasp the pitfalls of the vaporware hype.

Maybe you did not see it Kenny, but in the original announcement I fully supported/congratulated CW on their move to create a Mac version even when I stated then I would not have a need for it.

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Platinum for Mac ain't happening 2017/04/24 17:23:31 (permalink)
A few conspiracy theories just for fun.-

Cakewalk are really developing a serious copy of Sonar4Mac. They used this port to throw off the competition. In a few more years a working version will be released.

This is all the Mandela Effect. We all actually died in 2012. In the other reality there never was talk of a Sonar4Mac.

Windows paid  Cakewalk to stop mac development in return for a closer position in the windows platform. In the future Sonar will come with every copy of Windows in a version called " Cakeband". You can then upgrade it to Platinum for an additional cost.

I'm not smoking anything.....honest 
post edited by Starise - 2017/04/24 18:00:07

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

bapu
Re: Platinum for Mac ain't happening 2017/04/24 17:27:55 (permalink)
Starise

Cakewalk are really developing a serious copy of Sonar4Mac. They used this port to throw off the competition. In a few more years a working version will be released.

This is all the Mandella Effect. We all actually died in 2012. In the other reality there never was talk of a Sonar4Mac.

Windows paid  Cakewalk to stop mac development in return for a closer position in the windows platform. In the future Sonar will come with every copy of Windows in a version called " Cakeband". You can then upgrade it to Platinum for an additional cost.

Another juan.

Bapu buys a Mac on and goes on a remote recording spree with Kenny.
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Platinum for Mac ain't happening 2017/04/24 18:03:58 (permalink)
bapu
Starise

This is all the Mandella Effect. We all actually died in 2012. In the other reality there never was talk of a Sonar4Mac.

Another juan.

Can Mac run a Bapu? The devil even goes to heaven once in awhile.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

bapu
Re: Platinum for Mac ain't happening 2017/04/24 18:09:29 (permalink)
Starise
bapu
Starise

Another juan.

Can Mac run a Bapu? The devil even goes to heaven once in awhile.

We'll see.
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Platinum for Mac ain't happening 2017/04/24 21:00:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/04/24 21:12:47
 Yawwwn.....

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1