MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video

Author
mebitek
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 70
2017/04/21 11:54:59 (permalink)

MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video

Hi Guys,
this my lastest track made with maschine, komplete and some external libraries like Spitfireaudio ones.
The video is selfmade with After Effecs and filmed with a Canon G25 camcorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O48fQBgsv6E

Mebistep “ (Beget movement ) is the first video-single extracted from the album Art has no Diplomacy , now available on the Sardinian factory Nootempo’s official youtube channel.
Mebistep is a conceptual video that moves between suggestive images drived by an electronic and dark music with a cinematic atmosphere telling us about the unconscious (re)vival. A kind of a “ creator Id ” that becomes a puppeteer a bipolar being taht creates, destroys, celebrates his ritual.
This video Clip was realized in all of Its parts with the collaboration of Serena Pilloni and a full Sardinian production team, recorded in Mogoro the artist’s birthplace.
This video is part of a project , a trilogy born with "Unconscious (Cinematic Movement)" and it will have its end with a third episode .
Mebistep opens with an assertion, followed by a quote from the well known psychiatrist Carl Gustav Jung : “As an ancient, bizarre and grotesque craftsman, we were able to create God from our innards, shaping her-him into a stunning inanimated doll, which we can slightly feel but cannot own as a part of ourselves. We can just fear her-him, but always in chains we linger together until the end of time.

any feedback welcome
best regards from Sardinia

9 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/21 14:40:52 (permalink)
    Can not say I really watched the video, but I quite enjoyed the music, thanks for sharing.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    mebitek
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/21 14:41:48 (permalink)
    thx for listening
    jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/21 16:31:54 (permalink)
    Just my impressions, but it seemed like the concept and the video overpowered the music really. I found myself concentrating on what was going on visually and zoned out of the audio. It is a well produced piece though.

The vid is well done - good work for a self produced effort -  but to me seems unsure whether to be full blown horror or not - it kind of fell between a Chris Cunningham vid, Hammer Horror and Dario Argento.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Jesse Screed
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1158
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/21 20:01:34 (permalink)
    Very interesting.  A lot of work went into this.  It is one thing to write and record music, but then to produce, direct, and edit a video adds a whole layer of ambition.  I see that there were many others involved. It is hard to get that many people to work together.  Taken as a whole it worked for me, as well as listening to the music only, and watching the video without the music

How long was this whole project in production?

The video is nice, the one nit I had was that the camera shake, fast zoom fade blur, was maybe used just a tad to much.

Overall it was a great effort that showed lots of talent and planning.

Jesse Q. Screed

emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/22 05:07:37 (permalink)
    Music was very background to the video's action, so I'm not sure what to comment on, but I liked it and I appreciate what must have took a buttload of effort. I may not be your intended audience. Also, what happened to the shop teacher???  :)

Kudos for making it look professional, from the conception to the editing. Very talented.

- Tom

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    mebitek
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/22 08:29:05 (permalink)
    thx so much guys for your feedbacks!
    the video tooke 2 days of filming and about one week to be edited (I have normal work too so the time per day is reduced).
    All the video stuff is filmed in my little village with a bunce of strict friends.

@emeraldsoul I do not get your question about the shop
    thx again!
    regards from Sardinia
    synkrotron
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5263
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/22 12:11:12 (permalink)
    Nicely done Claudio. I enjoyed the video production and the music

cheers

andy

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
    Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
    emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/22 14:41:12 (permalink)
    Whoops! my "Americanness" is showing . . . to explain, in American high schools, there is typically a class called "shop" in a room filled with drill presses, routers, sanders, band saws, and such.

. . . so I was wondering where the teacher had gone, or what had happened to him, because the kids were up to no good in his absence!  It was meant to be humourous.

Thanks again for your very high quality project.
    Jokes explained, .05 €

-Tom

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    mebitek
    Re: MebiStep (Beget Movement) - Music Video 2017/04/23 08:28:50 (permalink)
    ah ok got it! I think the teacher is into some body bag :D
    thx again for your feedback
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1