[2017.03 x64 Platinum] - Bus instability

Author
loopyd
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2017/04/24 03:36:02 (permalink)

[2017.03 x64 Platinum] - Bus instability

Do you take the bus?

Busses are a very convenient way in Cakewalk to group together tracks for prochannel mixing.  Consider my consule view:

I split my melody, harmony, chip-tuney sounds, bass, and drum tracks up into busses so that I can mix them seperately with ProChannel.  The first question I've got to ask is, when does organization become too much?  I like the group by bus idea, but I've run into some pretty heavy instability issues when implementing it.

Each virtual instrument has its MIDI source channel seperated, more specifically so I can use multitimbre functions of Dimension Pro.  My idea was to use one Dimension Pro instance with multitimbre and multiple elements, and several MIDI source tracks that all point at the same VST, set into multitimbre mode:

The tracks:

Set to point at the same VST for multitimbre:

And of course, the VST set to multitimbre mode:

Does taking the bus work as expected?
Sometimes! But like the city bus, it's not always going to work out.  While setting this up, I had a constant note-on bug that refused to go away.  It was playing a longstanding nonexistant C4 from MIDI channel 1 behind the playback.  Resetting the audio and MIDI engine and Panicking did not solve the issue.  This required a restart of Cakewalk.  Afterwards, the problem vanished (for a time).  I will call this Bug 1.

The second issue lies in setting the second melody MIDI source to point at channel 2 of the VST, and editing its MIDI events in the event viewer to point at that channel as well:

(notice 2, and 2.  VST ID number 2, channel 2):

And the events (directed at MIDI channel 2):

Dimension Pro does not react as expected, playing the sample from Element 1.  Am I misconfigured?  If that is not the case, then I can call this Bug 2.

Your thoughts?

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
Courtesy BlueHost

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1