My poor baby

Author
loopyd
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2017/04/25 07:09:12 (permalink)

My poor baby

My poor i7 skylake sabertooth build, she suffered a POST problem with her chipset.  This, unfortunetly is the only remaining working photo of her during her leak test.  AH MEMORIES~

She was meant as a DAW liquid cooled machine, render farm, and server.  There's 25 TB of WD Black mechanical drive, 256 GB Samsung 950 Pro SSD space for the OS, SoundBlaster ZxR + DBPro, 32 GB of G.skill Ripjaws V, ASUS Sabertooth Z170S chipset, i7 6700k skylake.

Right before this I'd had a radiator leak from facotry so took her to a buddy and we took a soldering iron to it to fix it.  Then another one of my "buddies" decided it was cool in a fit of anger to throw a large metal object at a $9,000 piece of custom-built hardware.  So she no longer gets power to any of her USB ports and refuses to POST.

Its all EK, XSPC, and bitspower liquid cooling mod product.  It didn't cost a penny, it cost a NICKEL.

-

Still really sour about what the "buddy" did.  May take me a year to rebuild her.  Not because of the labor but because of the cost.  Suffering through a boot camped Macbook Pro Retina Mid 2015 now.

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
Courtesy BlueHost

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1